Table of Contents
- What is Vicodin?
- Uses of Vicodin
- How Does Vicodin Work?
- How to Take Vicodin?
- Vicodin Price in India
- Common Dosage for Vicodin
- Precautions – When to Avoid Vicodin?
- Side-Effects of Vicodin
- Effects of Vicodin on Organs
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Effects/Results after Consuming Vicodin
- Storage Requirements about Vicodin
- Pro Tips When Taking Vicodin
- FAQs – Things to Know About Vicodin
- Is Vicodin addictive?
- Can I have Vicodin with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Vicodin when pregnant?
- Can I have Vicodin when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Vicodin?
- What happens if I overdose on Vicodin?
- What happens if I eat expired Vicodin?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Vicodin?
- When Was Vicodin Made?
What is Vicodin?
Vicodin is the trade name for Hydrocodone/paracetamol and Hydrocodone/acetaminophen. It is the combination drug with opioid, hydrocodone, and paracetamol. Vicodin is used to relive pain.
Manufactured By – Totem Biotech Pvt Ltd
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: Medlife New User Offer | Myra Promo Code
Uses of Vicodin
- Vicodin is used as a pain reliever.
- It works in the brain and reduces the effect of pain in the body.
How Does Vicodin Work?
Vicodin works by binding to the opioid receptors in CNS and spinal cord, which triggers some response to relieve pain.
How to Take Vicodin?
- Swallow the tablet wholly. Do not crush, chew or break it.
- Take Vicodin with meal or water.
- Try to take Vicodin at the same time every day.
Vicodin Price in India
Other medicine's Price: Xyzal Price | Zolpidem Price | Zyrtec Price
Common Dosage for Vicodin
The dosage is different for different conditions. So it is safe to consult the doctor before taking the dosage. The dosage of Vicodin is from 5 to 20 mg which should be taken between every 4 to 6 hours.
Also read about other medicine's Dosage: Venlafaxine Dosage | Viagra Dosage
Precautions – When to Avoid Vicodin?
While taking Vicodin you should follow the following steps:
- Don’t delay or miss a scheduled meal or snack
- Don’t take Vicodin along with other certain medications.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for initial days while taking Vicodin.
Side-Effects of Vicodin
Some common side effects of Vicodin are:
- Mood changes
- Loss of hearing
- Rashes and itching in the skin
Also Read: Warfarin Side Effect | Xanax Side Effect | Xarelto Side Effect
Effects of Vicodin on Organs
Long-term usage of Vicodin may cause impairment in the liver and kidney which leads to toxicity.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drugs like opioids, benzodiazepine, nonbenzodiazepine, sedatives, psychotropic, and anticonvulsants cause respiratory depression when they interact with Vicodin.
Effects/Results after Consuming Vicodin
Vicodin will show its effect within 1 to 2 months. It may take up to 6 months to a year for full recovery from the symptoms.
Storage Requirements about Vicodin
Vicodin can be stored in a closed container at room temperature of 20 to 25 degree Celsius away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Pro Tips When Taking Vicodin
- Vicodin should be taken in the prescribed dosage and one must only increase the dosage when the physician prescribes it.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Vicodin as it may cause negative effects on the body.
- Avoid alcohol while taking Vicodin.
FAQs – Things to Know About Vicodin
Is Vicodin addictive?
Yes, Vicodin can be addictive.
Can I have Vicodin with alcohol?
No. Having Vicodin with alcohol will cause sleepiness and confusion.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Vicodin when pregnant?
No reports are there to prove that Vicodin causes any birth defects.
Can I have Vicodin when feeding a baby?
There are no side effects reported in the baby even though it is passed through breast milk.
Can I drive after taking Vicodin?
No. Vicodin can cause drowsiness.
What happens if I overdose on Vicodin?
It would cause dizziness, light-headedness, and drowsiness.
What happens if I eat expired Vicodin?
It will not be effective but sometimes it may cause side effects.
What happens if I miss a dose of Vicodin?
If you miss a dose of Vicodin take it as soon as you remember it within the next 12 hours. If you don’t, then just go back to your regular dosage.
When Was Vicodin Made?
Vicodin was made in the year 1970s.