Table of Contents
- What is Vincomo Plus?
- Uses of Vincomo Plus
- How does Vincomo Plus work?
- How to take Vincomo Plus?
- Common Dosage for Vincomo Plus
- When to Avoid Vincomo Plus?
- Precautions While Taking Vincomo Plus:
- Side-Effects of Vincomo Plus
- Drug Interactions With Vincomo to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Vincomo Plus Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Vincomo Plus
- FAQs –10 Important Questions Answered about Vincomo Plus
- Authored By –
1What is Vincomo Plus?
It is a medicine which is used mainly to prevent or treat conditions where there is increased requirement of vitamins and minerals like in cases of anemia and neuropathies. Altered sleeping pattern and bitter taste in mouth are the major side effects at repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver or kidney impairment patients and patients with heart diseases.
Vincomo Plus Composition: Alpha Lipoic Acid 200mg + Chromium Picolinate 200mcg + Folic Acid 1.5mg + Inositol 100mg + Mecobalamin 1500mcg + Selenomethionine 55mcg + Zinc methionine 25mg.
Manufactured by: Mas Life Science.
Prescription: Required (available as OTC).
Form: Capsules and Injections.
Price: Rs 235.00 for 15 Capsules.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing.
Type of Drug: Multivitamin and Multi Mineral.
2Uses of Vincomo Plus
Vincomo Plus serves a great purpose in the prevention and treatment of following conditions:
- Selenium Deficiency: Used to treat cases of selenium deficiency affecting processes like thyroid hormone metabolism, DNA synthesis and reproduction.
- Megaloblastic Anemia: Used to cases of Megaloblastic anemia (deficiency of Vitamin B12 leads to abnormal red blood cell production from bone marrow).
- Pernicious Anemia: Used to treat cases of Pernicious anemia arising from vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Nerve disease: Used to treat nerve diseases like Neuropathies like:
- Diabetic Neuropathy: Used to treat neuropathy occurring as a result of diabetes affecting mainly the extremities (hands and legs).
- Alcoholic Neuropathy: Used to treat cases of neuropathy that occurs as a result of chronic alcohol abuse as alcohol hinders the Vitamin B12 absorption in body and causes nerve damage.
- Peripheral Neuropathy: Used to treat cases of neuropathy occurring as a result of injuries, infections or toxins and affects extremities (hands and feet).
- Poor dietary intake: Used to treat poor dietary intake in cases of chronic alcoholics or elderly patients.
- Osteoarthritis: Used in cases of osteoarthritis as an adjunct to the therapy.
- Cholesterol problems: Used to treat high cholesterol levels.
Also Read: Seroflo Uses
3How does Vincomo Plus work?
- Vincomo Plus works by providing the essential nutrients to the body in appropriate amount.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency can lead to various diseases like making body more prone to infections and different types of neuropathies.
- Folic Acid and Vitamin B12 helps in nucleic acid synthesis and helps in normal maturation of RBCs (red blood cells).
- Chromium helps in improving insulin metabolism and thereby affecting lipid, protein and carbohydrate actions in a positive way.
- Zinc helps in tissue growth and repair and helps in wound healing and Inositol maintains chemical balance of the body.
- Selenium prevents the cells against the oxidative damage.
- Vitamin B12 helps to keep the nerve and blood cells healthy and helps DNA synthesis in all cells. It also helps to prevent Megaloblastic anaemia that makes people tired and weak.
Also Read: Oleanz Dosage
4How to take Vincomo Plus?
- Vincomo Plus is available as capsules and injections.
- Consume the capsule orally with water with or without meal, preferably with meal in patients with gastric problems.
- Do not chew or crush the capsule, instead swallow it as a whole.
- Injection of Vincomo Plus is to be administered by trained and qualified medical professional/staff only.
- Do not alter the dose as per your own convenience.
- It is recommended for a patient to go through the leaflet inside the package thoroughly to have a better understanding of the drug.
5Common Dosage for Vincomo Plus
- Vincomo Plus dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per: Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- Adult dose: One capsule once or twice a day in some cases as advised by the physician depending on the severity of the condition
- Children: Not advised for children, Paediatric consultation is advised.
- Drug should be consumed at equal intervals, so that appropriate quantity of drug is present inside the body at all times.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Vincomo Plus?
Vincomo Plus should always be consumed as per the prescribed dose. Overdose can lead to some serious undesirable effects. The doctor or trained medical staff should be immediately consulted in case of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Vincomo Plus?
Vincomo Plus should always be taken as per the fixed time schedule and in case of missed dose, always try to consume it as soon as you remember. But, avoid taking the missed dose if it’s already time to take the second dose as it may lead to drug toxicity or drug overdose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Vincomo Plus?
Expired Vincomo Plus may not cause any undesirable effect but it is advisable to avoid consuming expired drug as it may not be efficacious enough to provide the needed results and the doctor should be immediately consulted in case of any undesirable symptoms after consuming the expired drug.
Q. What is the onset time of Vincomo Plus?
- The patient may start to feel recovered within one week to three months of starting the Vincomo Plus therapy.
- The dose and duration of drug as advised by the doctor, should be followed strictly for complete cessation of all the symptoms
Q. Till when does the effect of Vincomo Plus stay?
The time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual.
Also Read: Voriconazole Price
6When to Avoid Vincomo Plus?
Do not Consume Vincomo Plus if:
- Liver/kidney disorders: In known cases of moderate to severe Liver/kidney dysfunction or diseases, Vincomo Plus should be avoided or used only when advised by the doctor.
- Allergy: In known cases of allergy to Vincomo Plus or any of its ingredients.
- Lactating women: In cases of lactating or nursing mothers, Vincomo Plus is avoided.
- Cardiac arrhythmias: In cases of patients with cardiac arrhythmias, it should be avoided.
7Precautions While Taking Vincomo Plus:
- Prolonged use: Do not use it for a longer period of time unless advised by the doctor.
- Allergic Reaction: Allergic reaction, if occurs after taking Vincomo Plus should be immediately reported to the doctor or trained medical staff.
- Avoid Dose alteration: Drug alteration should be avoided unless stated by the doctor.
- Concomitant products: Do not mix it with other nutritional supplements.
Warnings When Taking Vincomo Plus
- When using the drug in pregnant women, extra caution is advised.
- Do not alter the dose without medical advice.
8Side-Effects of Vincomo Plus
The side effects associated with Vincomo Plus are:
- Headache (Common)
- Nausea (Common)
- Altered sleep pattern (rare)
- Weakness (Common)
- Appetite loss (Common)
- Flatulence (less Common)
- Stomach-ache(less common)
- Diarrhoea (less common)
- Bitterness of mouth (less common)
- Allergic reactions ( less Common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Vincomo Plus?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Vincomo Plus are:
- Rashes (less common)
- Swelling of eye, face, lips, mouth or tongue (less common)
- Breathlessness (less common)
What are the effects of Vincomo Plus on organs?
Vincomo Plus should be used with caution in patients with liver or kidney disorders.
Know About:Modalert Precaution | Seroflo Precaution
9Drug Interactions With Vincomo to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Vincomo Plus. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Vincomo Plus. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Vincomo Plus
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Vincomo Plus
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Alcohol (mild): alcohol can lead to delayed absorption of vitamin B12
- Barbiturates (mild)
- Chloramphenicol (moderate)
- Cholecalciferol (mild)
- Carbamazepine (mild)
- Antibiotics (moderate)
3. Effects of Vincomo Plus on Lab Tests
Vincomo Plus doesn’t affect any laboratory test results. Do consult with the treating physician before going for any laboratory investigation.
4. Vincomo Plus’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any moderate to severe kidney, Liver or heart diseases.
Q. Can I have Vincomo Plus with alcohol?
Alcohol consumption is not advisable with Vincomo Plus as it may lead to increased chances of side effects like drowsiness and also decreases absorption of Vitamin B12. Always consult the doctor before consuming alcohol with Vincomo Plus.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
Q. Can I have Vincomo Plus when pregnant?
Vincomo Plus should only be administered when absolutely necessary during pregnancy and the benefits outweigh the risk. Always inform the doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have Vincomo Plus when feeding a baby?
Vincomo Plus should be used with caution in case of lactating mothers as its effect on human milk is not known but it is advisable to inform your doctor before consuming the drug.
Q. Can I drive after taking Vincomo Plus?
Yes, Vincomo Plus does not affect the ability to drive but some patients might experience dizziness or drowsiness and it is advisable to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery in such cases.
10Buyer’s Guide – Vincomo Plus Composition, Variant and Price
|Vincomo Plus 2ml Injection||Methylcobalamin 1000mcg + Niacinamide 100mg + Pyridoxine 100mg/ml||Rs. 75.00 for 1 Pack|
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: 1mg Offers | Practo Offers | Netmeds Coupon Code
11Substitutes of Vincomo Plus
The following are alternative drugs for Vincomo Plus:
- Nervact Plus Tablet: Manufactured by Sifco Pharma.
- Renerve Plus Capsule: Manufactured by Strides.
- M Nerve Plus Capsule: Manufactured by Circadian Pharma Pvt Ltd.
- Myonurve Plus Capsule: Manufactured by Artemas Pharma.
Storage requirements for Vincomo Plus
- The drug should be stored below 25°C and should be kept in a cool, dry place and away from direct heat and sunlight.
- Keep the drug in a place, where it is out of reach of children.
12FAQs –10 Important Questions Answered about Vincomo Plus
Q. What is Vincomo Plus?
Ans. Vincomo Plus is Multivitamin (nutritional formulation) for enriching the body artificially with all the essential nutrients in an efficient way.
It is used in cases where there is an increased requirement of its constituent vitamins and minerals.
Q. How long does it take for Vincomo Plus to show results?
Ans. Vincomo Plus starts to show its effect within few weeks to 3 months of starting the drug therapy.
Q. Should Vincomo Plus be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Vincomo Plus can be taken empty stomach but should preferably be taken after meals to avoid gastric problems.
Q. Does Vincomo Plus make you drowsy?
Ans. Vincomo Plus does not cause drowsiness but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Vincomo Plus doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of at least 8-10 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Vincomo Plus toxicity or overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Vincomo Plus should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken and the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Vincomo Plus.
Q. Does Vincomo Plus effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Vincomo Plus safe for children?
Ans. Vincomo Plus is not advisable to be administered in children. Proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician is necessary.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Vincomo Plus?
Ans. Any liver disorder or cardiac arrhythmias are to be taken into consideration before taking Vincomo Plus.
Q. Is Vincomo Plus legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Read About: Voriconazole | Mucinac Composition
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
13Authored By –