Launched in India as a subsidiary of Vodafone Group PLC – a UK-based Multinational (headquartered in London), Vodafone India has nearly 223 million subscribers within the country. A successor company to Hutchinson Telecom (Hutch), Vodafone India began its operations in the country in September 2007. If you’re planning to convert your Vodafone Prepaid number to Postpaid one, check out the details below.
Also See: Vodafone Postpaid To Prepaid
Can I change my Vodafone Prepaid Number to Postpaid?
Free of any conversion charges, Vodafone allows you the ease of changing your Vodafone Prepaid Number to Postpaid through a simple offline process.
The conversion of your existing Vodafone Prepaid number to Vodafone Postpaid number is a number migration facility where the Vodafone number allocated to you under your existing Vodafone Postpaid subscription remains the same while migrating to Vodafone Prepaid. To convert your Vodafone Prepaid Number to PostPaid, follow the below mentioned steps:
Vodafone Prepaid to Postpaid Conversion – How to Change Vodafone Prepaid To Postpaid?
|Step 1||Visit the nearest Vodafone Store|
|Step 2||Ask for Prepaid to Postpaid Migration Form & Fill in Necessary Details|
|Step 3||Submit the filled form at the Vodafone outlet along with required documents|
|Step 4||Your New Vodafone Postpaid Sim will be activated within 48 hours|
Step 1: Visit the nearest Vodafone Store
Navigate to the nearest Vodafone Store.
Step 2: Ask for Prepaid to Postpaid Migration Form & Fill in Necessary Details
Ask for a Prepaid to Postpaid Migration Form. Fill in all the necessary details like Your Name, Relationship No., Prepaid Number, Prepaid Account Number, Contact Details, Signature and Date. Or you can download the Number migration form from Vodafone’s official website.
Step 3: Submit the filled form at the Vodafone outlet along with required documents
Carry all the necessary documents (original and photocopied) like identity proof and address proof for verification. Submit the copies (if required) along with the migration form at the Vodafone outlet.
Step 4: Your New Vodafone Postpaid Sim will be activated within 48 hours
Ideally, the new Postpaid Sim takes around 2-3 days for activation while the existing prepaid connection will be discarded.
Vodafone Prepaid to Postpaid Conversion – Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Proofs Required to convert my Vodafone Prepaid Number?
Following documents are required for verification before converting your Vodafone Prepaid Number to Postpaid Number:
- Address Proof (documents like Aadhaar Card, Driving Licence)
- Identity Proof (PAN Card, Driving Licence)
- Filled and Signed copy of Prepaid to Postpaid Migration Form
- 2 Passport Size photographs
Can I Convert my Vodafone Prepaid Number to Postpaid by dialling Customer Care?
You can convert your Vodafone Prepaid Number to Postpaid number by visiting the nearest Vodafone Store as it is an offline in-store process. Customer Care Number if dialled, the Executives may direct you to do the same.
Benefits & Disadvantages of Converting Your Vodafone Number from Prepaid to Postpaid
- Pay for only what you use: Unlike Prepaid plans, if you have a postpaid connection you will be able to pay only for the data and voice services that have been used by you after every month.
- No more flash messages: If you switch to a postpaid connection, you will surely get a relief from the flash messages that are quite annoying at times.
- Low call rates: Postpaid plans have a low cost rate as compared to prepaid plans.
- No recharge Hassles: Postpaid connections don’t need to be recharged every now and then like the Pre-paid plans. You’ll receive a bill at the end of every month for the services that have been used by you during the period.
- Switching plans is difficult: With a postpaid plan in service, switching voice and data plans in between is very difficult. You can only change plans once your outstanding dues have been paid.
- Costly in long run: With less additional benefits and additions, postpaid plans have proved to be comparatively costlier than Pre-paid plans in the long run.
How long does it take to get my New Vodafone Postpaid Sim activated?
Activation of new Vodafone Postpaid Sim, usually takes around 48 hours.
Vodafone Prepaid to Postpaid Conversion – Other Things to Keep in Mind (If any)
- Before migrating your number from Prepaid to postpaid you have to complete 90 days (with your present subscription) from the date of activation of your mobile number.