Table of Contents
- What is Volini?
- Uses of Volini
- How does Volini work?
- How to use Volini?
- Common Dosage for Volini
- When to Avoid Volini?
- Precautions while using Volini:
- Side-Effects of Volini:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Volini Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Volini
- FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Volini
- Authored by –
1What is Volini?
It is used mainly to provide pain relief in conditions like back, shoulder and neck pain and also in sprained ankles, joints and wrist. Rashes, itching and burning sensation are some of the less commonly seen side effects seen with Volini when applied in more than the prescribed amount. It should be totally avoided in case of allergic reactions and sensitive skin.
Volini Composition: Diclofenac Diethylamine 1.16% w/w + Methyl Salicylate 10%w/w + Menthol 5%w/w + Linseed oil 3% w/w
Manufactured by: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Prescription: Not required as it is available as (Over the Counter) OTC drug.
Form: Spray, gel and tablets.
Price: Rs. 245.00 for 1 pack of 100 gm Spray.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 2 years from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Analgesic.
Also Read in Hindi About Volini
2Uses of Volini
Volini is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Joint Pain: Used in cases of joint pain to provide relief.
- Back Pain: Used in back pain cases.
- Neck Pain: Used to provide relief in cases of stiff neck or neck pain.
- Muscle soreness: Used in cases of muscle soreness.
- Tendonitis: Used in cases of pain and swelling arising due to tendonitis.
- Knee Pain: Used in cases of knee pain.
- Sprains: Used in cases of patients having pain due to sprain in the ankle, wrist or knee.
3How does Volini work?
- Volini contains Diclofenac Diethylamine, Methyl Salicylate, Menthol and Linseed oil as its main ingredient.
- Diclofenac and methyl salicylate works by relaxing the muscles and reducing pain, and decreases onset of muscle soreness.
- Menthol manages the heat generated by inflammation of affected area by providing cooling effect.
- Linseed oil provides moisturizing effect and controls burning sensation of skin.
4How to use Volini?
- Volini is available in gel, spray and tablet form.
- Gently wash or clean the affected area with a mild cleanser before application, wash and dry your hands properly before and after applying Volini.
- Apply a thin layer of the gel or spray over the affected area and massage it gently till it gets absorbed in the skin and let it be there on the skin for some time to have desired results.
- Volini should not be applied in genital areas as the skin of genital area is extra sensitive.
- Avoid excess of use as it may cause undesirable effects.
- It is advisable for the patient to go through the leaflet inside the package thoroughly to have a better understanding of how to handle the drug.
5Common Dosage for Volini
- Volini usage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per: Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient and Condition being treated.
- The common usage of Volini for adults is 3-4 times a day for a week or as stated by the doctor.
- The common usage of Volini for children above 12 years of age is 1-2 times a day for a week under supervision or as stated by the doctor.
- It is advisable to consult with a dermatologist or paediatrician before application of Volini in children.
- Only a thin layer is to be applied on the affected area.
Q. What happens if I overuse Volini?
Overuse of Volini may not result in early cure but it may lead to increased chances of undesirable effects. Therefore, Volini usage should be followed strictly as per the prescription by the doctor and in overuse cases, immediately wash the area with cold water and seek medical help to avoid undesirable effects.
Q. What happens if I miss an application of Volini?
Usage of Volini should always be as prescribed by the doctor and in case of missed application, always try to apply it as soon as you remember. But, avoid overusing it.
Q. What happens if I use expired Volini?
Expired Volini may not cause any undesirable effect but it is advisable to avoid using expired drug as it may not be efficacious enough to provide the needed results and the doctor should be immediately consulted in case of any undesirable symptoms after using the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Volini and till when does the effect of Volini stay?
- Effect of Volini can be seen within 1 day of application.
- Time taken by the drug to exhibit its effect depends on the condition being treated.
- The time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual.
Also Read: Vizylac Dosage | Vibactds Dosage | Vibactds Dosage
6When to Avoid Volini?
Do not use Volini if:
- Allergy/Hypersensitivity: In known cases of allergy or hypersensitivity to Volini or any of its ingredients.
- Damaged Skin: In cases of damaged skin like in cases of open wounds, rashes, chapped skin, sun burnt skin.
- Underage: In children of less than 12 years of age.
7Precautions while using Volini:
- Allergic Reaction: Always seek medical help immediately in case of any allergic reaction, if occurs after using Volini.
- Avoid eye contact: Always apply the drug on the outer areas.
- Avoid Dose alteration: Drug alteration should be avoided unless stated by the doctor.
- Age criteria: It should be avoided in children without Pediatrician’s advice.
Warnings When using Volini
- Concomitant topical use of any other topical drug should be delayed for atleast 10-15 minutes while using Volini.
- Usage alteration without medical advice is not recommended.
- Volini should not be used in children unless specified by the Paediatrician.
- Affected area should not be covered with tight dressing or bandage after applying the Volini.
8Side-Effects of Volini:
The side effects associated with Volini are:
- Rashes (less common)
- Burning sensation or skin irritation. (common)
- Redness of skin (less common)
- Skin peeling (rare)
- Itchiness of skin. (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Volini?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Volini are:
- Rashes (less common)
- Breathlessness (less common)
- Itching (Common)
What are the effects of Volini on organs?
No harmful/ undesirable effects of Volini have been reported particularly on any organ yet.
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Volini. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Volini. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Volini
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Volini
Since Volini is a topical drug, no other drugs have reactions with it unless any other topical drug is being used in the same area of application. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently using. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
3. Effects of Volini on Lab Tests
Volini doesn’t affect any laboratory test results.
4. Volini’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Patients with allergic reactions.
Q. Can I have alcohol with Volini?
Interaction of Volini with alcohol is not known. Therefore, always consult the doctor before consuming alcohol with Volini.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item needs to be avoided.
Q. Can I use Volini when pregnant?
Yes, but it is advisable to consult the treating doctor before using Volini in such situations. Always inform the doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I use Volini when feeding a baby?
Yes, Volini can be used for lactating mothers after consulting the doctor but avoid contacting the child with the drug and also avoid Volini application on breasts. Always notify the doctor in such cases.
Q. Can I drive after taking Volini?
Yes, Volini has no effect on driving but it is advisable to take extra caution if one experience extra caution.
Also Read: Wikoryl Side Effect | Voveran Side Effect
10Buyer’s Guide – Volini Composition, Variant and Price
|Volini Variants||Volini Composition||Volini Price|
|Volini 40gm spray||Diclofenac Diethylamine + Methyl Salicylate + Menthol + Linseed oil||Rs. 125.00 for 1 pack.|
|Volini 30gm Gel||Diclofenac Diethylamine + Methyl Salicylate + Menthol + Linseed oil||Rs. 105.00 for 1 pack.|
|Volini Maxx 55gm Spray||Diclofenac Diethylamine + Methyl Salicylate + Menthol||Rs. 185.00 for 1 pack.|
|Volini SR 100mg Tablet||Diclofenac 100mg||Rs. 139.55 for 15 tablets|
|Volini Duo tablet 650mg||Paracetamol 650mg||Rs. 20.00 for 10 Tablets|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Myra Medicines | Netmeds
11Substitutes of Volini
The following are alternative drugs for Volini:
- Powergesic 2X 30gm Gel:
- Manufactured by – Jenburkt Pharma.
- Price – Rs. 125
- Combiflam Icy Hot Gel:
- Manufactured by – Sanofi India.
- Price – Rs. 105
- Omni-Gel Spray:
- Manufactured by – Cipla.
- Price – Rs. 172
Storage requirements for Volini
- Volini drug should be stored at a moisture free, dry place at temperature below 25OC.
- Avoid freezing the drug and keep the drug out of children’s reach.
Also Read: Velozd Price | Uprised Price | Unwanted 72 Price
12FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Volini
Q.What is Volini?
Ans. Volini is a topically used spray used for relief in cases of knee, shoulder and back pain.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Volini to show results?
Ans. Volini shows its effect within 1 day of its application as the spray is easily absorbed through the skin.
Q. Does Volini make you drowsy?
Ans. Volini does not cause drowsiness but it may vary with every case.
Q. What should be the time gap between the two applications of Volini?
Ans. An Ideal time gap of atleast 10-15 minutes should be there between two applications. However, one should never overuse Volini applications.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Volini should be used strictly as per the doctor’s advice. The doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Volini.
Q. Does Volini effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. Volini generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle as it for topical application only but always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before using the drug
Q. Is Volini safe for children?
Ans. Yes, it is safe for children but always consult the Paediatrician before applying Volini to children as a precautionary measure, as children’s skin is more sensitive as compared to adults.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before using Volini?
Ans. Any allergic history with Volini with symptoms like rashes, itching or burning sensation or same class of drugs, are to be taken into consideration before using Volini.
Q. Is Volini legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
13Authored by –