Skip to Content
- What Are Walnuts?
- What are the benefits of eating Walnuts?
- How many Walnuts can you eat in a day?
- Are soaked Walnuts good for health?
- What are the side effects of Walnuts?
- Should I eat Walnuts every day?
- Which nut is better for you- Walnuts or Almonds?
- Are Walnuts good for your stomach?
- Are Walnuts bad for you?
- Can raw Walnuts be eaten?
- Are Walnuts good for weight loss?
- Can Walnuts increase sperm count?
- Where To Buy Walnuts?
What Are Walnuts?
Walnuts are hard shelled dry fruits which are rich in antioxidants and Omega 3 fatty acids. They have a sweet-woody flavour and loads of health benefits. Read on to find out what these amazing health benefits are.
Walnuts (Akhrot) Nutritional Value
- Walnuts are high in calories and most of the energy they provide comes from their fat content. This fat, however, does not contribute to the risk of obesity.
- Walnuts are an excellent source of essential vitamins and minerals.
- Walnuts have a high percentage of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) which is an essential Omega 3 Fatty Acid
Benefits Of Walnuts
Walnuts have several health benefits if consumed regularly:
- Walnuts helps in treating cancer
- Walnuts reduce cholesterol and prevent heart disease
- Walnuts contain anti-oxidants which neutralize free radicals in the body
- Walnuts improve brain function, increase alertness and prevent depression
Read more: Benefits of Walnut
11 Important Questions About Walnuts Answered
What are the benefits of eating Walnuts?
Walnuts offer a wide range of health benefits to the users. They help in the treatment of cancer, prevent heart diseases, and improve brain functioning.
How many Walnuts can you eat in a day?
You can consume about 7-8 Walnuts in a day to maintain a healthy diet.
Are soaked Walnuts good for health?
Yes, Walnuts in soaked form help break down the phytic acid so that they are easier to digest. They help to neutralize the enzymes and to get rid of harmful chemicals, thus providing numerous health benefits.
What are the side effects of Walnuts?
If consumed in excess, Walnuts can be harmful for your body. Due to their high energy content, they can induce weight gain or cause various digestive problems. Moreover, the intake of Walnuts can even lead to allergic reactions, rashes, or swelling. Therefore, you must consult a qualified practitioner before consuming Walnuts.
Should I eat Walnuts every day?
Yes, you can consume Walnuts every day. However, you must not exceed the recommended quantity to avoid the side effects of this nut.
Which nut is better for you- Walnuts or Almonds?
Both Walnuts and Almonds are extremely advantageous for the body as they provide numerous health benefits to the users and add crucial nutrients to the diet.
Are Walnuts good for your stomach?
Yes, eating the recommended amount of Walnuts daily is good for keeping your digestive system healthy.
Are Walnuts bad for you?
No, Walnuts provide plenty of health benefits to the human body. They are only harmful in cases where they are consumed in excess.
Can raw Walnuts be eaten?
Yes, Walnuts can be eaten in raw form and are extremely healthy for the human body.
Are Walnuts good for weight loss?
Yes, the consumption of Walnuts is helpful in stimulating weight loss and promoting a healthy body weight. This is due to the presence of alpha-linolenic acid or ALA contained in Walnuts.
Can Walnuts increase sperm count?
Yes, various studies have provided evidences stating that Walnuts can help trigger the sperm count. Walnuts are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids that are useful for enhancing the quality, quantity and motility of the sperm.
Where To Buy Walnuts?
These are the popular retailers that sell walnuts online: