Raisins are made by drying grapes. There are various varieties of raisins in the market. The quality, price, and size etc. depends on the type of grape used. Some of the most commonly known varieties of raisins are Sultana and Currant.
Interesting Facts About Raisins
- Raisins are available in the following colours – green, black, brown, blue, purple and yellow
- Half of the world’s raisins are supplied from California
- It takes 4 tons of grapes to produce 1 ton of raisins
- Malaga in Spain is considered to produce the best grapes
- Raisins can help overcome anemias they are rich in iron, copper and B complex vitamins
- Raisins help reduce acidity as they are rich in magnesium and potassium
- The polyphenolic phytonutrient in raisins helps prevent various eye diseases
- Raisins contain almost no cholesterol
- The American College of Cardiology proved that eating raisins thrice a day lowers blood pressure
- A special variety of Golden raisins are made by treating raisins with sulphur dioxide
Raisins have a variety of health benefits and serve as great laxatives. They also help reduce weight, lift energy and relieve constipation. Always invest in full-fleshed raisins to enjoy all these benefits! Think we missed a fun fact you know? Tell us in the comments section.
Where To Buy Raisins?
Save money with the following coupons when you buy Raising online