Skip to Content
About Coconut Oil
Coconut oil, also known as copra oil is an edible oil is extracted from the kernel of a coconut. Oil can also be squeezed out from the meat of ripened coconuts which are produced from the coconut palm (Cocos nucifera). This versatile oil is popular throughout the world. A native to tropical regions, coconut oil has several uses and benefits pertaining to hair, skin and overall health.
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Hair
Coconut oil is an all-natural solution for treating a myriad of hair problems. The oil’s microbial properties and its dominant fatty acid content can strengthen hair and scalp and enable hair regrowth
- Hair Growth Stimulant: Coconut oil penetrates deep into the hair follicles and stimulates hair growth
- Restores Scalp Health: The antimicrobial, antifungal and antiviral properties of coconut oil fights against problems such as insect bites, lice and dandruff
- Acts as a Conditioner: It is an all-natural conditioner which can condition, shield hair from heat and environmental damage
- Adds Shine: Coconut oil adds sheen and softness to the hair
- Prevents Split Ends: Coconut oil adds to hair length by preventing split ends and breaking of hair.
- Prevents Hair Loss: Coconut oil treatment reduces the protein loss from damaged hair and slows down hair loss.
10 Surprising Benefits of Coconut Oil for Beard- Best Beard Oil
Coconut Oil boosts the levels of DHT and testosterone hormones in your body, thereby promoting the growth of your facial hair. While testosterone will increase the density of your beard, DHT will promote its linear growth.
It also helps improve your body’s metabolic rate, which, in turn, leads to natural hair growth on your facial hair area. Furthermore, coconut oil increases the level of testosterone in your body, which ultimately stimulates natural beard growth.
Also read in detail: Benefits of Beard Oils
1Moisturises Beard & Prevents Dryness
Coconut oil is non-greasy and when applied regularly, it moisturizes your facial hair, thus preventing dryness, itchiness and the like.