Deep conditioners are heavier than typical conditioners. These are required to be left on for a longer time and should be used up to 2 times a week. They contain ingredients like argan oil, coconut oil, Vit E etc.
A single use shows a significant difference and regular use can change your hair. It’s almost as if you hit reset on your hair. Since they are denser than typical conditioners, it is ideal to leave them in for 20-30 minutes. You can also use deep conditioning hair masks to improve your hair quality. Deep conditioning helps retain your hair elasticity, moisture, and colour and keeps your hair healthy.
Also Read: Are Hair Conditioners Good For Hair?
How to Use a Deep Conditioner
- Apply the product thoroughly through your hair and add extra towards your ends
- Make a bun (if your hair is long)
- Cover with a shower cap
- Use a towel to keep the heat
- Leave in for 20 minutes
- Wash thoroughly
- Sometimes your hair won’t respond to the same product anymore because it needs a change
- Don’t keep buying a product that doesn’t give you the desired results. Experiment till you find the right conditioner for you
- Apply extra conditioner on the tips of your hair to bring them back to life. The tips of your hair need maximum care and nourishment
- Some ingredients like argan oil, rosemary oil, olive oil etc. are proven highly beneficial. Find ingredients that suit you the most
- Use a heating cap to promote absorption. You can also use a shower cap or wrap a hot towel for the same affect
Mistakes to Avoid:
- DO NOT deep condition for too long. It will clog your pores and make your hair greasy and flat
- Don’t blindly follow someone’s hair regimen. You are unique and so is your hair