Five Card Draw game is considered to be the simplest variant of Poker. Players are dealt five cards and once everyone has seen what they have, they can tell the dealer how many cards they want to discard and will get the same number of cards in the second round. After that, it is up to the players to fold or call the other layers for a showdown. Considering the simple rules, this is also one of the most popular variants of the game. Wondering what is the five card draw game and what makes it awesome? We will tell you everything here.
How To Play 5 Card Draw Game – The Game Play
- All players pay their ante before cards are dealt
- There is a small blind and a big blind just like poker
- When all players have paid their ante, bets are placed
- This is followed by the first round of drawing
- Each player mentions the number of cards he wishes to draw
- Players can also choose not to exchange cards
- Once the drawing round is over, there is another round of betting
- If more than one player remains, there is a showdown
- In the showdown, the player with the better 5 card hand wins
Hands in Five draw poker
The hands in Five draw poker are the same as poker
- Royal Flush
- Straight Flush
- Four of a kind
- Full House
- Three of a kind
- Two pair
- One pair
Tips & Strategies to Win Five Star Draw Game
- Players who have experience and practice can take a psychological reading and the behaviors of other players quickly guessing if they genuinely have good cards or are bluffing.
- When a player receives all five cards he/she must be careful in replacing the other cards as the one he discards can be given to other players if the stockpile doesn’t have a lot of cards. So if a player has a pair of 10’s and king of hearts, 9 of clubs, and 4 of diamonds then he must not discard the king of hearts right away as it can help the other players in obtaining a good hand
- When a player discards his cards that go in the stockpile he cannot get his own cards back so he must not use this as a strategy to outsmart the dealer. Say for example- a player has a pair of kings, a ten of hearts, jack of hearts and a queen of hearts and sees that the bottom card of the stockpile has an ace of hearts, he can give his pair of kings which contains one king of hearts. He can keep that king of hearts at the bottom so that when he gets the cards he can get a royal flush or even a straight flush with the card he receives.
Where To Play Five Card Draw Game Online?
You can play the five card draw game online through these websites:
Wondering how entertaining playing card games 29 can be? Our guide should help! Or you can just make things real by learning to play online poker for real money.