Omaha Hi-Lo is one of the most interesting variants of Poker. It is widely played by poker players both online and offline. In the game, each player is dealt 4 cards and five cards are dealt face up on the board. The players have to choose from two-hole cards and three table cards to form their hand. The game rewards two hands a high -hand and a low hand. Read on to find the entire gameplay of Omaha Hi-Lo game.
Hands in Omaha Poker
The hands are also similar to poker. These include:
- Royal Flush
- Straight Flush
- Four of a kind
- Full House
- Three of a kind
- Two pair
- One pair
Game Play: How to play Omaha Hi-lo
- Players are given four hole cards from which they have to make a high hand or a low hand with the low hand winning every time.
- A player must separate the four cards into sets of two and then use them in conjunction with the three cards on the table to make a winning hand
- In order to win, the low hand player must have a formation of cards below eight
- If there is no qualifying low hand the high hand wins the pot
- Straight and flushes do not count in the low hand whereas they do count in the high hand
- Ace,2,3,4, 5 is the lowest hand
- The cards are dealt clockwise and the betting is made pre-flop which continues till the river is revealed and the remaining players have called for a showdown.
- Post the showdown, the player with the lowest hand wins
Tips and Tricks for Omaha Hi-lo
- Don’t try and bluff in Omaha Hi-lo as it is not required
- You cannot play the board. If there is a straight of 4,5,6,7,8 on the board then you cannot use it to stay in the game till last and only what you can make with your hand counts
- Ace two suited, Ace three suited, Ace King Suited and Ace Jack Suited are considered the best cards as they have chances of winning both the high and low pot.
Where To Play Poker Online?
You can test your Omaha Hi-Lo skills and win money while playing online through these websites: