Table of Contents
- 1 1. Morning
- 2 2. Summer Months
- 3 3. Between Meals
- 4 4. Before Bedtime
- 5 5. Before Workout
- 6 11 Important Questions About Green Tea Answered
- 7 1. When should I drink green tea for weight loss?
- 8 2. Is it good to drink green tea at night?
- 9 3. Can you drink green tea before or after meals?
- 10 4. Does green tea burn belly fat?
- 11 5. Can I drink green tea every day?
- 12 6. What kind of green tea is best?
- 13 7. How often should you drink green tea?
- 14 8. Can green tea keep you awake at night?
- 15 9. Should I drink green tea every morning?
- 16 10. Is green tea harmful?
- 17 11. Can we eat apples with green tea?
Nowadays people can’t seem to stop gushing about green tea. Even, most of the country’s biggest fitness freaks like Anushka Sharma, Kareena Kapoor etc. swear by the beverage. Its numerous health benefits have made it a fairly popular drink amongst many.
Benefits Of Green Tea
- It reduces the level of bad cholesterol in your body
- It boosts your metabolism and intensifies the fat burning process
- Its antioxidants such as polyphenols and flavonoids tend to boost your immunity and protect you against flu, cough etc.
- Its good for your skin and hair too
The Best Time To Drink Green Tea
This is because when you get up in the morning, your metabolism is the highest, which can be improved with a hot cup of green tea. However, drinking green tea on an empty stomach can have harmful effects on your liver and even lead to dehydration because of the caffeine content present in it.
2. Summer Months
Consuming green tea in summer months is better than having it in winters as it is lightly oxidized, and is a cooling beverage. This makes it suitable to drink in summers.
3. Between Meals
You can consume green tea between your meals. This can be done two hours before or after eating your meal in order to maximize your iron absorption and nutrient intake. Also, because green tea has antioxidants, catechins that inhibit the digestion and absorption of iron present in your diet, you should not consume it along with meals.
4. Before Bedtime
Green tea should be taken at least 3-4 hours before bedtime and not immediately before going to sleep. This is because, the caffeine and amino acid L-theanine present in green tea will hamper your sleep, and rather make you feel more alert. It also tends to increase the production of urine in your body as it is diuretic in nature.
5. Before Workout
You should drink green tea at least half an hour before hitting the gym or starting your daily exercise regimen. This is because, if taken that way, green tea can increase your performance level as well as help you burn body fat thereby aiding weight loss.
Check Out: Green Tea for Weight Loss
11 Important Questions About Green Tea Answered
1. When should I drink green tea for weight loss?
Consume green tea in the morning and schedule your green tea intake to three cups a day to experience weight loss.
2. Is it good to drink green tea at night?
No, one should not drink green tea at night as it may lead to sleep deprivation. But taking it 3-4 hours before going to bed is usually good.
3. Can you drink green tea before or after meals?
To get most benefits out of your daily green tea intake, consume it two hours before or after having your meals. Do not drink green tea along with your meal.
4. Does green tea burn belly fat?
Yes, green tea is rich in antioxidants that helps burn extra flab and belly fat faster.
5. Can I drink green tea every day?
Yes, you can drink green tea every day. But one should not consume green tea in higher amounts during summers.
6. What kind of green tea is best?
Sencha Green tea is the best type of green tea. One of the most popular type of green tea, this drink is known to give a dark colour to the hot beverage along with a refreshing taste.
7. How often should you drink green tea?
Ideally a dosage of 2 – 3 cups of green tea per day is considered safe. Consume green tea the first thing in the morning and also post your meals to reap its many health benefits.
8. Can green tea keep you awake at night?
Yes, green tea contains caffeine. If taken at night right before going to bed, green tea can make you stay up late at night.
9. Should I drink green tea every morning?
Yes, consuming green tea the first thing in the morning helps in a number of ways. Consuming it in morning ensures that your metabolic rate increases, making you feel energetic throughout the day, besides ensuring a proper schedule for your weight loss management.
10. Is green tea harmful?
Green tea is generally safe if consumed in moderate quantities. But if consumed in excess, green tea can cause stomach problems and constipation.
11. Can we eat apples with green tea?
Consuming apples along with green tea can have a very powerful effect on the body. A rich source of polyphenols, this combo helps to increase the metabolic rate besides offering many other benefits for the overall body health.
Buying Green Tea
Here are some retailers that sell amazing green tea. Check them out and start enjoying all the benefits of green tea.
Also check-out Best Green Tea Brands before buying.