Table of Contents
- 1 What is Wikoryl?
- 2 Uses of Wikoryl
- 3 How does Wikoryl work?
- 4 How to take Wikoryl?
- 5 Common Dosage for Wikoryl
- 6 When to Avoid Wikoryl?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Wikoryl
- 8 Side-Effects of Wikoryl
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Wikoryl
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Wikoryl
- 9.3 3. Effects of Wikoryl on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Wikoryl’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Wikoryl with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Wikoryl when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Wikoryl when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Wikoryl?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Wikoryl Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Wikoryl
- 12 FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Wikoryl
- 12.1 Q. What is Wikoryl?
- 12.2 Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Wikoryl to show results?
- 12.3 Q. Should Wikoryl be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.4 Q. Does Wikoryl make you drowsy?
- 12.5 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Wikoryl doses?
- 12.6 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.7 Q. Does Wikoryl effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.8 Q. Is Wikoryl safe for children?
- 12.9 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Wikoryl?
- 12.10 Q. Is Wikoryl legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Wikoryl?
Used mainly to treat a different kind of pain and allergies majorly seasonal allergy, joint pain and fever. Constipation and liver damage are the major side effects of this drug. It should be totally avoided in cases of Hypertension and asthma.
Wikoryl Composition: Chlorpheniramine Maleate 2mg + Paracetamol 500mg + Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 5mg
Manufactured By: Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’
Form: Tablets, Syrup and drops.
Price: Rs 33.40 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antiallergic+ Antimuscarinic+ NSAID