Table of Contents
- What is Xanax?
- Uses of Xanax
- How Does Xanax Work?
- How to Take Xanax?
- Xanax Price In India
- Common Dosage for Xanax
- Precautions – When to Avoid Xanax?
- Side-Effects of Xanax
- Effects of Xanax on Organs
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Effects/Results after Consuming Xanax
- Storage Requirements about Xanax
- Pro Tips When Taking Xanax
- FAQs – Things to Know About Xanax
- Is Xanax addictive?
- Can I have Xanax with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Xanax when pregnant?
- Can I have Xanax when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Xanax?
- What happens if I overdose on Xanax?
- What happens if I eat expired Xanax?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Xanax?
- When Was Xanax Made?
Xanax Composition – Alprazolam 0.25 MG
Manufactured By – Pfizer Limited
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 297
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What is Xanax?
Xanax is the trade name for Alprazolam. It is a minor tranquilizer which is potent, short-acting. Xanax belongs to a class of benzodiazepine anxiolytic drug. It is generally used to treat anxiety disorders.
Manufactured By – Pfizer Ltd.
Other variants and composition –
|Xanax 0.5 MG Tablet||Alprazolam 0.5 MG|
|Xanax 0.25 MG Tablet||Alprazolam 0.25 MG|
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: Med Life | Netmeds Offer Code
Uses of Xanax
- Xanax is used to treat panic disorders and anxiety disorders caused by depression.
- It is used to calm the nerves of the brain by decreasing abnormal excitement.
- Xanax is also used in premenstrual syndrome and Agoraphobia (fear of open spaces).
How Does Xanax Work?
Xanax is an anti-anxiety drug which enhances the effect of some natural chemical like GABA in the body. It will lead to calming of nerves in the brain and the Central Nervous System.
How to Take Xanax?
- Xanax should be taken by mouth with or without water.
- Swallow extend release tablet wholly. Do not crush, chew or break it as it would cause some serious side effects.
- Start Xanax with fewer doses and gradually increase it.
Xanax Price In India
|0.25 mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 6.46|
Also Read: Warfarin Price | Xarelto Price
Common Dosage for Xanax
The common dosage for Xanax is about 0.25 to 0.50 mg per day. It can be increased up to 1mg or more according to the prescription given by the doctor.
Precautions – When to Avoid Xanax?
After taking Xanax for about two weeks one may avoid it if minor symptoms are recorded.
Side-Effects of Xanax
Some of the reported side effects of Xanax are:
- Increased saliva production
- Mental/mood changes
- Suicide thoughts
- Trouble walking
- Memory problems
- Yellowing of eyes or skin
- Allergies like rashes, itches, swells.
Also Read: Xyzal Side Effect | Zolpidem Side Effect | Zyrtec Side Effect
Effects of Xanax on Organs
High dosage of Xanax may damage the liver by producing liver enzymes.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drug interaction varies according how the drug works. Antifungals, Antidepressants and Antibiotics may remove or reduce the potency of Xanax.
Effects/Results after Consuming Xanax
The result will be effective while taking Xanax as per the prescribed dosage. The result will be immediate within one hour and extended to up to 11 hours.
Storage Requirements about Xanax
Tablets should be placed in a tightly closed container and can be stored in room temperature away from heat, moisture, and children
Pro Tips When Taking Xanax
Make sure that you are not driving or operating anything while taking Xanax. A little dosage will lead to tiredness
FAQs – Things to Know About Xanax
Is Xanax addictive?
Overuse or misuse of Xanax may cause addiction.
Can I have Xanax with alcohol?
No. Having Xanax with alcohol will increase the effect of alcohol in the body.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Xanax when pregnant?
No. It can cause life threatening issues while delivering the baby.
Can I have Xanax when feeding a baby?
Xanax passes through the breast milk which causes serious effects on the infant while breastfeeding.
Can I drive after taking Xanax?
You should avoid driving after taking Xanax.
What happens if I overdose on Xanax?
Over dosage of Xanax causes:
- Difficult in concentration
- Appetite change or loss
- Irritation and headache
- Coma and Death
What happens if I eat expired Xanax?
It will not be effective to treat the infections. However, as it is problematic, it is advisable to consult your physician if you feel unwell or sick after consuming an expired medicine.
What happens if I miss a dose of Xanax?
Consume the missed dose as soon as you remember it if it’s not already time for the second dose as it is not advisable to take a double dosage.
When Was Xanax Made?
Xanax was made in 1981 by Upjohn
Also read about other medicine's: Venlafaxine | Viagra | Vicodin