Table of Contents
- What is Xarelto?
- Uses of Xarelto
- How Does Xarelto Work?
- How to Take Xarelto?
- Xarelto Price in India
- Common Dosage for Xarelto
- Precautions – When to Avoid Xarelto?
- Side-Effects of Xarelto
- Effects of Xarelto on Organs
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Effects/Results after Consuming Xarelto
- Storage Requirements about Xarelto (Rivaroxaban)
- Pro Tips When Taking Xarelto
- FAQs – Things to Know About Xarelto (Rivaroxaban)
- Is Xarelto addictive?
- Can I have Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) when pregnant?
- Can I have Xarelto when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Xarelto?
- What happens if I overdose on Xarelto (Rivaroxaban)?
- What happens if I eat expired Xarelto?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Xarelto?
- When Was Xarelto Made?
What is Xarelto?
Xarelto is the brand name for Rivaroxaban. It is an oral anticoagulant drug. Xarelto is used in the prevention of blood clot.
Manufactured By – Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Other variants and composition –
|Xarelto 10MG Kit Tablet||Rivaroxaban 10 MG|
|Xarelto 15MG Tablet||Rivaroxaban 15 MG|
|Xarelto 20MG Tablet||Rivaroxaban 20 MG|
|Xarelto 2.5MG Tablet||Rivaroxaban 2.5 MG|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: 1Mg Promo Code | Myra Coupon Code
Uses of Xarelto
- Xarelto is an active factor Xa inhibitor.
- It is used in atrial fibrillation and strokes.
- Xarelto is also used to prevent the bleeding of the gastrointestinal tract.
How Does Xarelto Work?
Clot formation is a complex process which takes place with the help of clotting factors. Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) blocks the vitamin K, which is used to produce clotting factors and decreases the ability of the blood clotting process.
How to Take Xarelto?
- Swallow the tablet wholly. Do not crush, chew or break it.
- Xarelto can be taken with or without food.
- Try to take it at the same time every day.
- It is better to take Xarelto in the evening
- Xarelto requires dosage adjustments.
Xarelto Price in India
|Xarelto ( A pack of 10mg)||Rs 500.00|
Common Dosage for Xarelto
- The dosage is different for different conditions. So it is safe to consult the doctor before taking the dosage.
- For Atrial fibrillation, the initial dose is from 2 to 5 mg per day
- For Stoke, the initial dosage is about 2 to 5 mg per day which may be increased to up to 10mg.
Precautions – When to Avoid Xarelto?
While taking Xarelto you should follow the following steps:
- Don’t delay or miss a scheduled meal or snack
- Don’t take Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) along with other certain medications.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for initial days while taking Xarelto.
Side-Effects of Xarelto
Some common side effects of Xarelto are:
- Dark urine
- Dry mouth
- Allergies like rashes or irritation
- Loss of appetite
Also Read: Xyzal Side Effect | Zolpidem Side Effect | Zyrtec Side Effect
Effects of Xarelto on Organs
Patients who have liver problems will have more damaging effects on the liver while consuming Xarelto (Rivaroxaban). Sometimes, it may cause Urinary tract infections too.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drugs which cause serious effects while interacting with Xarelto are Adderall, Flexeril, Lexapro, tramadol, trazodone, etc., The drugs which can take under certain circumstances and shows a moderate effect are oxycodone, Ativan, Abilify, Ambien, Neurontin, etc.
Effects/Results after Consuming Xarelto
Xarelto will show its effect within 2 hours and it can last up to 8 to 12 hours.
Storage Requirements about Xarelto (Rivaroxaban)
Xarelto can be stored in a closed container at room temperature away from heat, moisture and direct light.
Pro Tips When Taking Xarelto
- Xarelto should be taken in the prescribed dosage and one must only increase the dosage when the physician prescribes it.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Xarelto as it may cause negative effects on the body.
- Avoid alcohol and certain recommended foods while taking Xarelto.
FAQs – Things to Know About Xarelto (Rivaroxaban)
Is Xarelto addictive?
No. But Xarelto can cause adverse effects when it is abruptly stopped.
Can I have Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) with alcohol?
No. Having Xarelto with alcohol will cause liver damage and depression.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid food items which are rich in vitamin k such as soya beans.
Can I have Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) when pregnant?
No. Xarelto is not recommended during pregnancy as it causes serious side effects to the foetus.
Can I have Xarelto when feeding a baby?
Taking Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) while breastfeeding does not have any serious side effects.
Can I drive after taking Xarelto?
You should avoid driving if you feel drowsy.
What happens if I overdose on Xarelto (Rivaroxaban)?
It would cause a severe headache and high bleeding.
What happens if I eat expired Xarelto?
It will not be effective but consult your doctor immediately.
What happens if I miss a dose of Xarelto?
If you miss a dose of Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) take it as soon as you remember it within the next 12 hours. If you don’t, then just go back to your regular dosage.
When Was Xarelto Made?
Xarelto was made in the year 2001.
Also read about other medicine's: Venlafaxine | Viagra | Vicodin