Table of Contents
- What is Xyzal?
- Uses of Xyzal
- How Does Xyzal Work?
- How to Take Xyzal?
- Xyzal Price in India
- Common Dosage for Xyzal
- Precautions – When to Avoid Xyzal?
- Side-Effects of Xyzal
- Effects of Xyzal on Organs
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Effects/Results after Consuming Xyzal
- Storage Requirements for Xyzal
- Pro Tips When Taking Xyzal
- FAQs – Things to Know About Xyzal
- Is Xyzal addictive?
- Can I have Xyzal (Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride) with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Xyzal (Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride) when pregnant?
- Can I have Xyzal when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Xyzal?
- What happens if I overdose on Xyzal (Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride)?
- What happens if I eat expired Xyzal?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Xyzal?
- When Was Xyzal Made?
What is Xyzal?
Xyzal is the brand name for levocetirizine, a non-sedating antihistamine. It is used to reduce the effect of histamine in the body. Xyzal is produced from antihistamine cetirizine.
Manufactured By – Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd
Other variants and composition –
|Xyzal 5Mg Tablet||Levocetirizine 5 MG|
|Xyzal M Tablet||Montelukast 10 MG+Levocetirizine 5 MG|
|Xyzal 10Mg Tablet||Levocetirizine 10 MG|
|Xyzal M 60Ml Syrup||Levocetirizine 2.5 MG, Montelukast 4 MG /5ML|
|Xyzal A Capsule||Levocetirizine 5 MG, Ambroxol 75 MG|
|Xyzal M Kid Dt Tablet||Montelukast 4 MG, Levocetirizine 2.5 MG|
|Xyzal-A 60Ml Syrup||Ambroxol 30 MG, Levocetirizine 5 MG|
|Xyzal 5Mg Cp Tablet||Levocetirizine 5 MG|
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: Netmeds Discount Coupon | Pharmeasy Coupon
Uses of Xyzal
Xyzal is used to treat allergic reactions such as watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing, rashes, hives, and itching. It shows the best effect compared to other tow generations of antihistamines.
How Does Xyzal Work?
Xyzal (Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride) is used to prevent allergic reactions. It blocks the production of a certain natural substance such as histamine which is used to form allergic reactions.
How to Take Xyzal?
- Swallow the tablet wholly. Do not crush, chew or break it.
- Xyzal is in tablet or liquid form.
- It is recommended to take it in the evening.
Xyzal Price in India
|Xyzal (Volume of 10)||Rs 115.00|
Also Read: Zolpidem Price | Zyrtec Price
Common Dosage for Xyzal
- The dosage is different for different conditions. So it is safe to consult the doctor before taking the dosage. The dosage may differ according to the weight, medical conditions, etc.
- Rhinitis – 1.25 mg per day
- Urticaria – 5mg per day
- For children in any condition, you must give the dosage prescribed by your doctor only.
Also Read: Venlafaxine Dosage | Viagra Dosage | Vicodin Dosage
Precautions – When to Avoid Xyzal?
While taking Xyzal you should follow the following steps:
- Don’t delay or miss a scheduled meal or snack
- Don’t take Xyzal along with other certain medications.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for initial days while taking Xyzal.
Side-Effects of Xyzal
Some common side effects of Xyzal (Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride) are:
- Weakness or tiredness
- Cough or stuffy nose
- Dry mouth
- Diarrhoea or constipation
- Rashes or itching
- Loss of hearing
- Dark coloured urine
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
Effects of Xyzal on Organs
Patients who have liver problems will have more damaging effects on the liver while consuming Xyzal as it is metabolized in the liver.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drugs which cause serious effects while interacting with Xyzal are:
- Antidepressant drugs,
- Anxiety drugs,
- Sleeping pills,
- Tranquilizers and
- Other antihistamines.
Effects/Results after Consuming Xyzal
Xyzal will show its effect within 1 to 2 hours and the effect lasts for up to 22 hours.
Storage Requirements for Xyzal
Xyzal (Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride) can be stored in a closed container at room temperature away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Pro Tips When Taking Xyzal
- Xyzal should be taken in the prescribed dosage and one must only increase the dosage when the physician prescribes it.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Xyzal as it may cause negative effects on the body.
- Avoid alcohol and certain recommended foods while taking Xyzal.
FAQs – Things to Know About Xyzal
Is Xyzal addictive?
No. But Xyzal can cause adverse effects when it is abruptly stopped.
Can I have Xyzal (Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride) with alcohol?
No. Having Xyzal with alcohol will cause dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty in concentration by affecting the nervous system.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid food items which are recommended by your doctor.
Can I have Xyzal (Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride) when pregnant?
Xyzal is not reported to have any side effects on the mother or baby during pregnancy.
Can I have Xyzal when feeding a baby?
Taking Xyzal while breastfeeding can cause serious side effects on the baby as it may pass through the breast milk.
Can I drive after taking Xyzal?
You should avoid driving if you feel drowsy.
What happens if I overdose on Xyzal (Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride)?
It would cause dizziness, drowsiness, and agitations.
What happens if I eat expired Xyzal?
It will not be effective but consult your doctor immediately.
What happens if I miss a dose of Xyzal?
If you miss a dose of Xyzal take it as soon as you remember it within the next 12 hours. If you don’t, then just go back to your regular dosage.
When Was Xyzal Made?
Xyzal (Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride) was made in the year 2001 by a Belgian pharmaceutical company.