Apricots are closely related to peaches and plums. Apricot is being grown since prehistoric times. Most scientists believe that Apricots originated in India more than 3000 years ago! They are rich in organic compounds, vitamins, and many essential minerals.
Also Read: Benefits of Apricots
Interesting Facts About Apricots
- Apricots are extremely rich in vitamin A. They help remove free radicals from the body.
- They reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol.
- Apricots are rich in antioxidants. They have anti-aging properties and keep your skin acne-free.
- Apricots are rich in potassium and calcium which help in maintaining healthy bones.
- The USA observes National Apricot Day on January 9 every year.
- The world’s 95% of apricot is produced in California.
- An apricot tree can produce fruit for about 25 years.
- Apricots are rich in soluble fibers which help in digestion and constipation prevention.
- Apricots are excellent sources of iron.
- Apricot actually belongs to the rose family. It is a member of the Rosaceae family.
Apricots can be consumed directly, or as a dried fruit. It is a common ingredient in jams, squashes, juices, and wines. Apricot oil holds similar health benefits!
Where To Buy Apricots?
Use the following offers to save money when you buy Apricots online: