Table of Contents
- What is Zenflox OZ?
- Uses of Zenflox OZ
- How does Zenflox OZ work?
- How to take Zenflox OZ?
- Common Dosage for Zenflox OZ
- When to Avoid Zenflox OZ?
- Precautions While Taking Zenflox OZ
- Side-Effects of Zenflox OZ
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Zenflox OZ Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Zenflox OZ
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Zenflox OZ
- Authored By –
1What is Zenflox OZ?
It is a medicine which is used to prevent or treat conditions and infections like pneumonia, vaginal and urinary tract infections, infectious diarrhoea. Loss of appetite and abdominal pain are the commonly seen side effects. It should be totally avoided in case of epilepsy, liver, kidney diseases or muscle weakness.
Zenflox OZ Composition: Ofloxacin 200mg + Ornidazole 500mg
Manufactured By: Mankind Pharma Ltd
Prescription: Required as it belongs to Schedule ‘H’ but also available as OTC
Form: Tablet, drops and syrup.
Price: Rs. 89 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antibiotic + Antidiarrhoeal
Also read about other medicines: Zyloric
2Uses of Zenflox OZ
Zenflox OZ is used to prevent or treat following conditions:
- Gonorrhea: Used to treat gonorrheal infection of vagina caused mostly by transfer of bacterial infection during unprotected sex.
- Pneumonia: Used to treat cases of Pneumonia as it is caused by bacteria.
- Diarrhoea: Used to treat diarrhoea that is suspected to be caused by bacterial infection.
- Dental Infections: Used to treat dental infections as most of the dental infections are known to be caused by anaerobic bacteria against which Zenflox OZ is most potent.
- Abdominal Infections: Used to treat intra abdominal infections.
- Vaginal Infections: Used to treat and manage vaginal infections.
- Postoperative Infections: Used in cases of postoperative management to prevent or cure anaerobic infections.
- UTIs: used to treat and manage Urinary tract infections.
- Skin and Soft Tissue Infections: Used to treat infections of skin and soft tissue which are expected to be caused by bacteria.
- Sinusitis: Used to treat inflammation and infection of sinus known to be caused by bacteria.
- Others: Used to treat Various cases of Lung Abscess.
Also Read: Wysolone Uses | Zanduvigorex Uses | Zanocin Uses
3How does Zenflox OZ work?
- Zenflox OZ contains Ofloxacin and Ornidazole as its main active ingredient.
- Ofloxacin belongs to the Ouinolone group of drugs and works by inhibiting the DNA synthesis of bacterial cells and prevents the multiplication of bacterial cells and thereby killing them.
- Ornidazole belongs to the Nitroimidazole group of drugs which shows antiparasitic activity
- Ornidazole works by breaking the DNA strands and thereby damaging the DNA of microbes and eradicating the infection.
- Zenflox OZ, therefore, exhibits both bactericidal and antiparasitic activity.
4How to take Zenflox OZ?
- Zenflox OZ is usually available in the form of tablets, drops and syrups.
- Zenflox OZ Tablet is taken by mouth with a glass of water preferably with or after meals as food helps to prevent any potential gastric irritation the drug might cause when taken empty stomach.
- Zenflox OZ Tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- Zenflox OZ should be consumed in infections which are known to be bacteria and parasites only to prevent the development of resistance against the antibiotic.
- Zenflox OZ Tablet should be taken with an equal time interval of atleast 8-10 hours between two doses.
- When consuming Zenflox Syrup, always shake the bottle before consumption for a homogenous mix of drug and always use a measuring cup.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
5Common Dosage for Zenflox OZ
- Zenflox OZ dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- The common Adult dose of Zenflox OZ Tablet is a single tablet twice a day with an interval of at least 8-10 hours between two doses.
- It is not recommended to be administered to children without pediatric consultation
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Zenflox OZ?
Overdose of Zenflox OZ can cause undesirable effects and can also lead to complications in a few cases.
Therefore, strictly adhere to the prescribed dose and seek medical help immediately in case of any symptoms of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Zenflox OZ?
The dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to an overdose of the drug. A gap of atleast 8-10 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Zenflox OZ?
Consuming expired Zenflox OZ tablet might not exhibit desirable effects or any side effects. However, one should abstain from consuming the expired drug.
Q. What is the onset time of Zenflox OZ?
- Zenflox OZ shows its effect in 1-2 hours of oral administration of the drug.
- The time taken by the drug to show its effect depends upon the condition being treated.
- Time taken by drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
6When to Avoid Zenflox OZ?
Do not Consume Zenflox OZ if:
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to Zenflox OZ or any other drug belonging to the class of quinolones and Nitroimidazole like levofloxacin, ofloxacin, etc.
- Tendon rupture: In cases of history of tendon rupture.
- Epilepsy: patients with epilepsy should avoid the drug as Zenflox OZ can precipitate seizures.
- Muscle weakness: Should avoid the drug in cases of weak muscles and fatigue.
- Liver/ Kidney impairment: In cases of patients with liver disease and kidney disease or impairment. Patients on dialysis should also avoid this drug unless advised by the doctor.
7Precautions While Taking Zenflox OZ
- Concomitant medication: Patients taking tizanidine should avoid the concomitant use of Zenflox OZ.
- Liver/ Kidney diseases: Dose alteration may be required by the physician in patients with kidney or liver impairments.
- Dose alteration: Dose alteration without proper medical consultation should be avoided.
Warnings When Taking Zenflox OZ
- Prolonged use unless stated by the doctor should be avoided.
- There should be the equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Consume plenty of fluids to counteract the potential undesirable effects of the drug.
- Always consume the tablet with or after meals to prevent any gastric irritation.
- Always complete the prescribed drug course as leaving the course incomplete may lead to recurrence of infection and drug resistance.
8Side-Effects of Zenflox OZ
The side effects associated with Zenflox OZ are:
- Nausea (common)
- Vomiting (common)
- Abdominal pain (common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Indigestion (common)
- Altered taste sensation (common)
- Skin rash (less common)
- Allergic reactions (rare)
- Tendonitis (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Zenflox OZ?
- Zenflox OZ is known to cause an allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lip and throat, irregular heartbeat and loss of consciousness.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Zenflox OZ on organs?
- Zenflox OZ should be used with caution in patients with liver or kidney impairment as it can affect the liver and kidneys.
- Zenflox OZ can also lead to tendonitis and rupture of tendons.
Also Read: Zentel Side Effect | Zerodol Side Effect
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Zenflox OZ. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Zenflox OZ. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Zenflox OZ
Calcium-rich food items are to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Zenflox OZ
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Antacids (moderate): avoid consuming Zenflox OZ 6 hours after and 2hours before taking antacids with aluminum/magnesium as it leads to delayed drug absorption.
- Vitamin or mineral supplement containing zinc, calcium or magnesium (mild)
- Warfarin (mild)
- Caffeine (moderate)
- Theophylline (mild)
- Tizanidine (severe)
- Phenytoin (moderate)
- Azole antifungal like ketoconazole (mild)
- Cyclosporine (moderate)
3. Effects of Zenflox OZ Fon Lab Tests
Zenflox OZ does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Zenflox OZ’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or kidney disease.
Q. Can I have Zenflox OZ with alcohol?
No, it is advisable to avoid alcohol consumption while on Zenflox OZ therapy, as it can lead to chest pain, increased heart rate, low BP and drowsiness. Therefore, the doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Zenflox OZ.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid calcium rich foods and dairy products like milk, yogurt or calcium supplements as they can alter the drug absorption.
Q. Can I have Zenflox OZ when pregnant?
No, it is not safe to consume during pregnancy as it can harm the fetus by crossing the placental barrier. Always inform the doctor before taking Zenflox OZ in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Zenflox OZ when feeding a baby?
No, it is not safe to administer Zenflox OZ tablet to Lactating mothers as it can harm the baby. Therefore, inform the doctor always if you’re breastfeeding your child.
Q. Can I drive after taking Zenflox OZ?
Zenflox OZ tablet can cause dizziness or drowsiness in a few rare cases. Therefore, one should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs.
10Buyer’s Guide – Zenflox OZ Composition, Variant and Price
|Zenflox 60ml syrup||Ofloxacin 50mg/5ml||Rs. 45.39 for 1 pack|
|Zenflox Eye 10ml Drops||Ofloxacin 0.3%w/v||Rs. 36.30 for 1 pack|
|Zenflox 200mg Tablet||Ofloxacin 200mg||Rs. 48.69 for 10 tablets|
|Zenflox 200mg/100ml injection||Ofloxacin 200mg/100ml||Rs. 121 for 1 injection|
|Zenflox Plus 100 Tablet||Cefixime 100mg + Ofloxacin 100mg||Rs. 83.10 for 10 tablets|
|Zenflox Forte Suspension||Ofloxacin 100mg/5ml||Rs. 32.99 for 1 pack|
11Substitutes of Zenflox OZ
The following are alternative drugs for Zenflox OZ:
- Change Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 68
- Lacnid Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Apex Laboratories Pvt Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 82.35
- Horn O Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Deys
- Price – Rs. 56.25
- Desvo Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Vasu Organics
- Price – Rs. 81.68
Storage requirements for Zenflox OZ
- Store the Zenflox OZ tablet at a dry place away from direct heat or sunlight at room temperature.
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
12FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Zenflox OZ
Q. What is Zenflox OZ?
Ans. Zenflox OZ is a combinational drug that contains Ofloxacin and Ornidazole as its main active ingredient. Zenflox OZ exhibits bactericidal and antiparasitic properties.
It is used mainly to treat conditions like infectious diarrhoea, Urinary tract infections, vaginal infections, and pneumonia.
Q. How long does it take for Zenflox OZ to show results?
Ans. The effect of Zenflox OZ can be seen within 1-2 hours of starting the Zenflox OZ therapy and the time taken by drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
Q. Should Zenflox OZ be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Zenflox OZ should not be taken empty stomach to prevent any potential stomach upset.
Q. Does Zenflox OZ make you drowsy?
Ans. Zenflox OZ may cause drowsiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Zenflox OZ doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of 8-10 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Always complete the prescribed drug course as leaving the course incomplete may lead to recurrence of infection and drug resistance and the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Zenflox OZ.
Q. Does Zenflox OZ effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug. Zenflox OZ is infact useful for painful menstruation.
Q. Is Zenflox OZ safe for children?
Ans. Zenflox OZ should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Zenflox OZ?
Ans. Any liver or kidney disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Zenflox OZ.
Q. Is Zenflox OZ legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Also Read: Zincovittablet Price | Zinetac Price
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
13Authored By –