Table of Contents
- 1 What is Zentel?
- 2 What does Zentel contain?
- 3 What is Zentel used for?
- 4 How Does Zentel Work?
- 5 Zentel Price in India
- 6 How to Take Zentel?
- 7 Common Dosage for Zentel?
- 8 When to Avoid Zentel?
- 9 Side-Effects of Zentel 400 MG Tablet
- 10 What Are The Effects of Zentel 400 MG Tablet on Organs?
- 11 Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- 12 Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- 13 Effects/Results After Consuming Zentel
- 14 FAQs
- 15 Is Zentel addictive?
- 16 Can I have Zentel with alcohol?
- 17 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 18 Can I have Zentel 400 MG Tablet when pregnant?
- 19 Can I have Zentel when feeding a baby?
- 20 Can I drive after taking Zentel?
- 21 What happens if I overdose on Zentel?
- 22 What happens if I eat expired Zentel 400 MG Tablet?
- 23 What happens if I miss a dose of Zentel?
- 24 Storage Requirements for Zentel 400 MG Tablet
- 25 Pro Tips When Taking Zentel
What is Zentel?
Zentel is an anti-parasitic drug used for a variety of parasitic infections.
Check out Hindi translation of this article - Zentel 400 in Hindi
What does Zentel contain?
The main ingredient of Zentel is Albendazole (an antiparasitic drug)
What is Zentel used for?
Zentel 400 MG Tablet is used for:
- Tapeworm infections
- Pinworm infections
- Threadworm infections
- Roundworm infections
- Whipworm infections
- Hookworm infections
- Filarial worm infections
- Parasitic Intestinal infections
Also Read: Zenfloxoz Uses | Zerodol Uses
How Does Zentel Work?
Parasitic worms feed on sugar present in the human body. Zentel 400 MG Tablet blocks the absorption of sugar by worms thereby resulting in loss of energy and death of parasites.
Zentel Price in India
|400 mg Strip of 1 Tablets||Rs 7.83|
Also Read: Zanocin Price | Wysolone Price | Zanduvigorex Price
How to Take Zentel?
Take Zentel tablet as a whole with a glass of water. Do not crush, chew or break the tablet while consuming it.
Common Dosage for Zentel?
Zentel 400 MG Tablet is generally prescribed once daily. Your doctor may increase or decrease your dose strength and frequency depending upon the severity of your condition.
When to Avoid Zentel?
Avoid Zentel tablet if:
- You are allergic to any component of Zentel
- You have a blockage in the biliary tract
- You are suffering from liver disease
- You have a low blood count
Side-Effects of Zentel 400 MG Tablet
Some of the reported side effects of Zentel are:
- Hair loss
- Abdominal pain
- Abnormal liver function
- Dark urine
Also Read: Zincovittablet Side Effect | Zinetac Side Effect | Zyloric Side Effect
What Are The Effects of Zentel 400 MG Tablet on Organs?
Long-term use of Zentel drug may cause damage to your kidneys and liver. Your doctor may adjust your dosage if you have any of these conditions.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Some of the allergic reactions associated with Zentel 400 MG Tablet tablet are rashes and itching of skin, swelling of any part of face, tongue or throat, and shortness of breath.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
One needs to be careful of the following drug interactions when consuming Zentel:
Effects/Results After Consuming Zentel
The peak effect of Zentel tablet can be seen in about 2 to 5 hours. The average duration of action of this tablet is about 9 hours.
Is Zentel addictive?
No, Zentel 400 MG Tablet is not addictive in nature.
Can I have Zentel with alcohol?
It is better to avoid alcohol when on Zentel 400 MG Tablet. Co-consumption of alcohol with this tablet may increase side effects and damage your liver. Consult your doctor about limiting alcohol with this medication.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
You must avoid Grapefruit Juice while on Zentel. Your doctor may advise you regarding other foods which are to be avoided.
Can I have Zentel 400 MG Tablet when pregnant?
In most cases, it is not safe to take Zentel if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication.
Can I have Zentel when feeding a baby?
It may not be safe to take Zentel 400 MG Tablet if you are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication.
Can I drive after taking Zentel?
Zentel 400 MG Tablet may cause side effects which may decrease your level of alertness. Hence if you experience an episode of headaches, blurred vision, dizziness or drowsiness then avoid driving.
What happens if I overdose on Zentel?
Taking more medication than prescribed is not going to heal you faster. In fact overdose with a result in severe side effects.
What happens if I eat expired Zentel 400 MG Tablet?
If by mistake you consume a dose of an expired tablet, the chances of harm are very less. Always check the label for expiry date before use.
What happens if I miss a dose of Zentel?
As soon as you remember, take the missed dose. However, if it is already time for the next dose, carry on with your regular schedule. Do not try to compensate for the missed dose by taking a double dose.
Storage Requirements for Zentel 400 MG Tablet
- Store Zentel tablet below 25 degree Celsius temperature
- Avoid moisture prone places like a bathroom for storage
- Always keep this medicine away from direct sunlight
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets
Pro Tips When Taking Zentel
- If you eat Zentel tablet on empty stomach then it may cause acid reflux.
- Don’t consume more than 1 tablet/day unless prescribed to.
- Take Zentel 400 MG Tablet on a fixed time every day and maintain enough gap between dosage.
- Do not try to self-adjust the dose. Take it in the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not share your medication with anyone even if they have a similar condition.
- Your doctor must know your medical history and allergies if any, before prescribing Zentel.