On this page:
- What is Zerodol P?
- Uses of Zerodol P
- How does Zerodol P work?
- How to Take Zerodol P?
- Common Dosage of Zerodol P
- Overdosing on Zerodol P
- Missing a dose of Zerodol P
- Consuming expired Zerodol P
- Onset time of Zerodol P
- Effect duration of Zerodol P
- When to Avoid Zerodol P and Precautions
- Side-Effects of Zerodol P:
- Reported allergic reactions to Zerodol P
- Effects of Zerodol P on organs
- Buyer’s Guide – Zerodol P Composition, Variants and Price
- Substitutes of Zerodol P
- Frequently Asked Questions – Important Questions Answered about Zerodol P
What is Zerodol P?
Zerodol P is mainly used to prevent or treat signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, pain etc. (back pain, osteoarthritis) and fever. Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis is the major side effect at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver, kidney or heart impairment and gastric ulcers.
Zerodol P Composition: Aceclofenac 100mg + Paracetamol 325mg
Manufactured By: Ipca Laboratories Ltd
Prescription: Required as it belongs to Schedule ‘H’ but it is also available as OTC
Form: Tablet, gel and injections.
Price: Rs. 44 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: NSAID + Analgesic + Antipyretic
Uses of Zerodol P
Zerodol P is used to prevent or treat following conditions:
- Back pain
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Frozen Shoulde
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
How does Zerodol P work?
- Zerodol P contains Aceclofenac and Paracetamol as its main active ingredient.
- Aceclofenac is a Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug (NSAID) used to treat pain and other signs of inflammation.
- It works by inhibiting the COX (Cyclo oxygenase) enzymes which further blocks prostaglandin secretion.
- Prostaglandins are accountable for producing inflammatory signs and inhibition of prostaglandin aids in providing relief from the symptoms.
- Paracetamol selectively inhibits the COX enzymes in the brain which aids for its analgesic and antipyretic property.
How to Take Zerodol P?
- Zerodol P is usually available in the form of tablets.
- It can taken by mouth with a glass of water with or after meals as food helps prevent any potential gastric irritation the drug might cause when taken on an empty stomach.
- It should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- The tablet should be taken in equal time intervals between two doses, if more than one dose a day is prescribed.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
Common Dosage of Zerodol P
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- The common Adult dose of Zerodol P Tablet is a single tablet once or twice a day with an interval of at least 4-6 hours between two doses.
- It is not recommended to be administered to children without pediatric consultation.
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
Overdosing on Zerodol P
Overdose of Zerodol P can cause undesirable effects like chest pain, confusion and can also lead to complications in a few cases. Therefore, strictly adhere to the prescribed dose and seek medical help immediately in case of any symptoms of overdose.
Missing a dose of Zerodol P
The dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose as it may lead to an overdose of the drug.
Consuming expired Zerodol P
Consuming expired Zerodol P tablet might not exhibit desirable effects or any side effects. However, one should abstain from consuming the expired drug.
Onset time of Zerodol P
The effect of Zerodol P can be seen within 30 minutes of oral administration of the drug.
Effect duration of Zerodol P
Average drug effect duration is 6 hours. Time taken by drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
When to Avoid Zerodol P and Precautions
Do not consume Zerodol P if:
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to Zerodol P or any other NSAIDs or any of its constituents.
- Gastric bleeding: In cases of patients with history of gastric ulcer, bleeding or perforations as it can cause swelling and bleeding of stomach, colon or anus.
- Heart diseases
- Liver/ Kidney impairment
- Elderly patients: Zerodol P or any other NSAID should be used with caution in elderly patients as they are at high risk of serious side effects and fatalities.
- There should be equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Consume plenty of fluids to counteract the potential undesirable effects of the drug.
- Always consume the tablet with or after meals to prevent any gastric irritation.
Side-Effects of Zerodol P:
The side effects associated with Zerodol P are:
- Nausea (common)
- Vomiting (common)
- Abdominal pain (less common)
- Toxic epidermal necrolysis (less common)
- Diarrhoea (less common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Indigestion (common)
- Flatulence (less common)
- Constipation (less common)
- Loss of appetite (less common)
Reported allergic reactions to Zerodol P
Zerodol P is known to cause allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lip and throat. In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
Effects of Zerodol P on organs
Zerodol P should used with caution in patients with liver impairment as Zerodol P can affect the liver. It can cause stomach bleeding in patients with gastric ulcer.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Zerodol P. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Zerodol P. We explore these in details below.
Food Interactions with Zerodol P
No particular food items to be avoided.
Medicine Interactions with Zerodol P
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products they use. One must notify the doctor about the herbal products that they are currently consuming. One should never alter the drug regimen without doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Digoxin (mild)
- Corticosteroids (mild)
- Benzydamine (moderate)
- Oxyphenbutazone (mild)
- Lithium (mild)
- Nimesulide (mild)
- Metamizole (moderate)
- Anti hypertensive (mild)
Effects of Zerodol P on Lab Tests
Zerodol P does not affect any lab tests as such.
Zerodol P’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any liver or kidney diseases and gastric ulcer.
Buyer’s Guide – Zerodol P Composition, Variants and Price
|Zerodol P Variants||Zerodol P Composition||Zerodol P Price (Rs.)|
|Zerodol 30gm Gel||Aceclofenac 1.5% w/w + Linseed Oil 3% w/w + Menthol 1.25% w/w + Methyl Salicylate 2.5% w/w||Rs. 34 for 1 pack|
|Zerodol P Tablet||Aceclofenac 100mg + Paracetamol 325 mg||Rs. 46.19 for 10 tablets|
|Zerodol MR Tablet||Aceclofenac 100mg + Tizanidine 2mg||Rs. 78.62 for 10 tablets|
|Zerodol S Tablet||Aceclofenac 100mg + Serratiopeptidase 15mg||Rs. 82.25 for 10 tablets|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: 1mg medicines | Practo medicines
Substitutes of Zerodol P
The following are alternative drugs for Zerodol P:
- Dolostat PC Tablet:
- Manufactured by Blue Cross
- Price- Rs.21
- Dolokind Plus Tablet:
- Manufactured by Mankind Pharma Ltd
- Price- Rs.31.21
- Aceclorite Plus Tablet:
- Manufactured by MHS Pharmaceuticals
- Price- Rs.29
- Axinac P Tablet:
- Manufactured by Axenic Health.
- Price- Rs.36
Frequently Asked Questions – Important Questions Answered about Zerodol P
Q. Can I have Zerodol P with alcohol?
A. No, it is advisable to avoid alcohol consumption while on Zerodol P therapy as it can increase the chances of stomach bleeding. Therefore, the doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Zerodol P.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
A. No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Zerodol P when pregnant?
A. No, it is not safe to consume during pregnancy (especially just before the term of pregnancy). Always inform the doctor before taking Zerodol P in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Zerodol P when feeding a baby?
A. No, it is not safe to administer Zerodol P tablet to lactating mothers and the drug should be used only when necessary and with caution after informing the doctor about the case.
Q. Can I drive after taking Zerodol P?
A. It is safe to drive after consuming Zerodol P tablet but one should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs.
Q. What is Zerodol P?
A. Zerodol P is a combinational drug that contains Aceclofenac and Paracetamol as its main active ingredient. Aceclofenac is a Non steroidal anti inflammatory drug (NSAID) with analgesic (Pain reliever) and anti inflammatory properties whereas, Paracetamol is analgesic as well anti pyretic in nature. It is used mainly to treat signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, pain etc. and conditions like pain of osteoarthritis.
Q. What are the uses of Zerodol P ?
A. It is used mainly to treat signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, pain etc. and conditions like pain of osteoarthritis.
Q. What are the side effects of Zerodol P ?
A. The most common side effects of Zerodol P are nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, toxic epidermal necrolysis and diarrhoea.
Q. How effective is Zerodol P?
A. The effect of Zerodol P can be seen within 30 minutes of oral administration of the drug and the average drug effect duration is 6 hours.
Q. Should Zerodol P be taken on an empty stomach?
A. Zerodol P should not be taken on an empty stomach to prevent the stomach from getting upset.
Q. Does Zerodol P make you drowsy?
A. Yes, Zerodol P may cause drowsiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Zerodol P doses?
A. Ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
A. Zerodol P should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken. The doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Zerodol P.
Q. Does Zerodol P effect my menstrual cycle?
A. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug.
Q. Is Zerodol P safe for children?
A. Zerodol P should not be administered to children without proper consultation and recommendation by the pediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Zerodol P?
A. Any liver disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Zerodol P.
Q. Is Zerodol P legal in India?
A. Yes, it is legal in India.
Similar Reads –
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.