Table of Contents
- What is Zerodol?
- Uses of Zerodol
- How does Zerodol work?
- How to take Zerodol?
- Zerodol Common Dosage
- When to Avoid Zerodol?
- Precautions While Taking Zerodol
- Side-Effects of Zerodol:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Zerodol Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Zerodol
- FAQs – 12 Important Questions Answered about Zerodol
- Authored By –
1What is Zerodol?
Zerodol is mainly used to prevent or treat signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, pain etc. (back pain, osteoarthritis). Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis is the major side effect at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver, kidney or heart impairment and gastric ulcers.
Zerodol Composition: Aceclofenac 100mg
Manufactured By: Ipca Laboratories Ltd
Prescription: Required as it belongs to Schedule ‘H’ but also available as OTC
Form: Tablet, gel and injections.
Price: Rs. 37.40 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: NSAID + Analgesic
2Uses of Zerodol
Zerodol is used to prevent or treat following conditions:
- Back pain: Used to treat back pain.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: Used in cases of ankylosing spondylitis.
- Frozen Shoulder: Used to treat pain in cases of frozen shoulder
- Osteoarthritis: Used in cases of Osteoarthritis.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Used in cases of rheumatoid arthritis.
Also Read: Wysolone Uses | Zanduvigorex Uses | Zanocin Uses
3How does Zerodol work?
- Zerodol contains Aceclofenac as its main active ingredient.
- Aceclofenac is a Non steroidal anti inflammatory drug (NSAID) used to treat pain and other signs of inflammation.
- It works by inhibiting the COX (Cyclo oxygenase) enzymes which further blocks prostaglandin secretion.
- Prostaglandins are accountable for producing inflammatory signs and inhibition of prostaglandin aids in providing relief from the symptoms
4How to take Zerodol?
- Zerodol is usually available in the form of tablets.
- Zerodol Tablet is taken by mouth with a glass of water preferably with or after meals as food helps to prevent any potential gastric irritation the drug might cause when taken empty stomach.
- Zerodol Tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- Zerodol Tablet should be taken with equal time interval between two doses, if more than one dose a day is prescribed.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
5Zerodol Common Dosage
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- Common Adult dose of Zerodol Tablet is a single 100mg tablet once or twice a day with an interval of at least 4-6 hours between two doses.
- The drug dose can be altered to 3 tablets a day with equally spaced time interval between the doses in cases where the symptoms are severe.
- It is not recommended to be administered to children without paediatric consultation
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Zerodol?
Overdose of Zerodol can cause undesirable effects like chest pain, confusion and can also lead to complications in few cases.
Therefore, strictly adhere to the prescribed dose and seek medical help immediately in case of any symptoms of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Zerodol?
Dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Zerodol?
Consuming expired Zerodol tablet might not exhibit desirable effects or any side effects. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Zerodol?
The effect of Zerodol can be seen within 1.5 to 3 hours of oral administration of the drug.
Q. Till when does the effect of Zerodol stays?
- Average drug effect duration is 12-16 hours.
- Time taken by drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
6When to Avoid Zerodol?
Do not Consume Zerodol if:
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to Zerodol or any other NSAIDs or any of its constituents.
- Gastric bleeding: In cases of patients with history of gastric ulcer, bleeding or perforations as it can cause swelling and bleeding of stomach, colon or anus.
- Heart diseases: In cases of patients with heart diseases.
- Asthma: In cases of patients with Asthma.
- Liver/ Kidney impairment: In cases of patients with liver disease and kidney disease or impairment.
7Precautions While Taking Zerodol
- Elderly patients: Zerodol or any other NSAID should be used with caution in elderly patients as they are at high risk of serious side effects and fatalities.
- Liver/ Kidney diseases: Dose alteration may be required by the physician in patients with kidney, heart or liver impairments.
- GI lesions: Zerodol should be used with extra caution in patients with a history of gastrointestinal lesions.
Warnings When Taking Zerodol
- There should be the equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Consume plenty of fluids to counteract the potential undesirable effects of the drug.
- Always consume the tablet with or after meals to prevent any gastric irritation.
8Side-Effects of Zerodol:
The side effects associated with Zerodol are:
- Nausea (common)
- Vomiting (common)
- Abdominal pain (less common)
- Toxic epidermal necrolysis (less common)
- Diarrhoea (less common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Indigestion (common)
- Flatulence (less common)
- Constipation (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Zerodol?
- Zerodol is known to cause allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lip and throat.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Zerodol on organs?
- Zerodol should used with caution in patients with liver impairment as Zerodol can affect the liver.
- It can cause stomach bleeding in patients with gastric ulcer.
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Zerodol. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Zerodol. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Zerodol
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Zerodol
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Digoxin (mild)
- Corticosteroids (mild)
- Benzydamine (moderate)
- Oxyphenbutazone (mild)
- Lithium (mild)
- Nimesulide (mild)
- Metamizole (moderate)
- Anti hypertensive (mild)
3. Effects of Zerodol on Lab Tests
Zerodol does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Zerodol’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or kidney diseases and gastric ulcer.
Q. Can I have Zerodol with alcohol?
No, it is advisable to avoid alcohol consumption while on Zerodol therapy as it can increase the chances of stomach bleeding. Therefore, the doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Zerodol.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Zerodol when pregnant?
No, it is not safe to consume during pregnancy (especially just before the term of pregnancy). Always inform the doctor before taking Zerodol in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Zerodol when feeding a baby?
No, it is not safe to administer Zerodol tablet to Lactating mothers and the drug should be used only when necessary and with caution after informing the doctor about the case.
Q. Can I drive after taking Zerodol?
It is safe to drive after consuming Zerodol tablet but one should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs.
Also Read: Zenfloxoz Side Effect | Zentel Side Effect | Zincovittablet Side Effect
10Buyer’s Guide – Zerodol Composition, Variant and Price
|Zerodol Variants||Zerodol Composition||Zerodol Price (Rs.)|
|Zerodol 30gm Gel||Aceclofenac 1.5% w/w + Linseed Oil 3% w/w + Menthol 1.25% w/w + Methyl Salicylate 2.5% w/w||Rs. 34 for 1pack|
|Zerodol P Tablet||Aceclofenac 100mg + Paracetamol 325 mg||Rs. 46.19 for 10 tablets|
|Zerodol MR Tablet||Aceclofenac 100mg + Tizanidine 2mg||Rs. 78.62 for 10 tablets|
|Zerodol S Tablet||Aceclofenac 100mg + Serratiopeptidase 15mg||Rs. 82.25 for 10 tablets|
11Substitutes of Zerodol
The following are alternative drugs for Zerodol:
- Dolokind Tablet:
- Manufactured by Mankind Pharma
- Price- Rs. 24.14
- Dolowin Tablet:
- Manufactured by Micro Labs Ltd
- Price- Rs. 43
- Aceclo Tablet:
- Manufactured by Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Price- Rs. 36.65
- Hifenac Tablet:
- Manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Price- Rs. 40
Also Read: Zinetac Price | Zyloric Price
Storage requirements for Zerodol
- Store the Zerodol tablet at a dry place away from direct heat or sunlight at room temperature.
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
12FAQs – 12 Important Questions Answered about Zerodol
Q. What is Zerodol?
Ans. Zerodol is a unicomponent drug that contains Aceclofenac as its main active ingredient. Aceclofenac is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) with analgesic (Pain reliever) and anti-inflammatory properties, used mainly to treat signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, pain, etc.
Q. What are the uses of Zerodol ?
Ans. It used mainly to treat signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, pain etc.
Q. What are the side effects of Zerodol ?
Ans. The most common side effects of Zerodol are Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Toxic epidermal necrolysis, Diarrhoea
Q. How effective is Zerodol?
Ans. The effect of Zerodol can be seen within 1.5 to 3 hours of oral administration of the drug and the average drug effect duration is 12-16 hours.
Q. Should Zerodol be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Zerodol should not be taken empty stomach to prevent any potential stomach upset.
Q. Does Zerodol make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Zerodol may cause drowsiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Zerodol doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Zerodol should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken. And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Zerodol.
Q. Does Zerodol effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Zerodol safe for children?
Ans. Zerodol should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Zerodol?
Ans. Any liver disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Zerodol.
Q. Is Zerodol legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Similar Reads –
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.