Skip to Content
- What is Zinc Sulphate?
- Uses of Zinc Sulphate
- How Does Zinc Sulphate Work?
- How to Take Zinc Sulphate?
- Zinc Sulphate Price In India
- Common Dosage for Zinc Sulphate?
- When to Avoid Zinc Sulphate?
- Side-Effects of Zinc Sulphate
- Effects of Zinc Sulphate on Organs?
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Effects/Results After Consuming Zinc Sulphate
- Is Zinc Sulphate addictive?
- Can I have Zinc Sulphate with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Zinc Sulphate when pregnant?
- Can I have Zinc Sulphate when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Zinc Sulphate?
- What happens if I overdose on Zinc Sulphate?
- What happens if I eat expired Zinc Sulphate?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Zinc Sulphate?
- Storage Requirements for Zinc Sulphate
- Pro Tips When Taking Zinc Sulphate
What is Zinc Sulphate?
Zinc Sulphate is a nutritional supplement given in cases of nutritional deficiencies.
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Practo Coupon
Uses of Zinc Sulphate
Zinc Sulphate is used in the treatment of:
- Zinc deficiency
- Promote wound healing
- Boosting immunity
- As an antioxidant
- Eye Abnormalities
- Skin Ulcer
Also Read: Xifaxan Uses | Zyprexa Uses
How Does Zinc Sulphate Work?
Zinc is a very essential element in the development of body tissues. In case the zinc level goes down, Zinc Sulphate is given to increase the zinc level in the body.
How to Take Zinc Sulphate?
Zinc Sulphate tablet must be swallowed as a whole with a glass of water. You must not chew, crush or break the tablet while taking it. You must consume Zinc Sulphate on an empty stomach.
Zinc Sulphate Price In India
|Specifics||Zinc Sulphate Price|
|50mg Bottle of 60 Tablets||Rs 456|
Common Dosage for Zinc Sulphate?
Zinc Sulphate is generally prescribed once or twice daily. Your doctor may alter your dosage and its frequency depending upon the severity of your condition.
When to Avoid Zinc Sulphate?
Avoid Zinc Sulphate if:
- You are allergic to any component of Zinc Sulphate
- You are hypersensitive
- You are on antibiotic therapy
Side-Effects of Zinc Sulphate
Some reported side effects of Zinc Sulphate are:
- stomach upset
- Sore throat
- Mouth sores
Also Read: Cosentyx Side Effect | Humulin Side Effect
Effects of Zinc Sulphate on Organs?
Long-term use of Zinc Sulphate is not safe for the patients with kidney and liver disease. Your doctor may adjust your dose as per your requirement.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Some of the common allergic reactions reported with Zinc Sulphate are
- difficulty breathing, and
- swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
One needs to be careful about the following drug interactions with Zinc Sulphate:
- Nalidixic acid
Effects/Results After Consuming Zinc Sulphate
The effect of Zinc Sulphate can be observed within 1 day of administration. Your symptoms will start to improve after taking this medication.
Is Zinc Sulphate addictive?
Zinc Sulphate is not addictive in nature.
Can I have Zinc Sulphate with alcohol?
It is better to avoid alcohol when on Zinc Sulphate. Consult your doctor about limiting alcohol with this medication. Co-consumption of alcohol with Zinc Sulphate causes excessive sleepiness and drowsiness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
You must not consume foods high in calcium or phosphorus, milk, bran, grains, or cereals while on Zinc Sulphate. You must consult your doctor regarding other foods to be avoided.
Can I have Zinc Sulphate when pregnant?
In most cases, it is not safe to take Zinc Sulphate if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication.
Can I have Zinc Sulphate when feeding a baby?
Zinc Sulphate is known to pass in mother’s milk to the baby. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive after taking Zinc Sulphate?
It is generally safe to drive while taking Zinc Sulphate. However, if you experience drowsiness, dizziness, a headache or any side effect that alters your consciousness then it may not be safe to drive.
What happens if I overdose on Zinc Sulphate?
An overdose of Zinc Sulphate will not improve your symptoms. It may even cause serious side-effects like stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Consult your doctor immediately in case of overdose.
What happens if I eat expired Zinc Sulphate?
If by mistake you consume a dose of expired Zinc Sulphate, the chances of harm are very less. It is advised to check the label for expiry date always before use.
What happens if I miss a dose of Zinc Sulphate?
As soon as you remember, take the missed dose. However, if it is already time for next dose, carry on with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
Storage Requirements for Zinc Sulphate
- Always store Zinc Sulphate at a temperature around 25 degree Celsius
- Storing in moisture-prone places like bathroom may damage the tablet
- Keep Zinc Sulphate away from direct heat and sunlight
- Store it where your children and pets can’t reach
Pro Tips When Taking Zinc Sulphate
- Do not try to self-adjust the dose. Take it in the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not share your medication with anyone even if they have a similar condition.
- Discuss the pros and cons of Zinc Sulphate if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy or if you are breastfeeding.
- Consume this medication either 1 hour before a meal or 2 hours after taking a meal.
- You must take Zinc Sulphate with food with if it upsets your stomach.
Also read about other medicine's: Leflunomide | Xeljanz