What is Zincovit?
Zincovit is mainly used to prevent or treat vitamin or mineral deficiency and neuropathies. Sleep disturbances and altered heartbeats are the major side effect at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of acute dermatitis and bleeding disorders.
Zincovit Composition: Minerals (Zinc, Copper, Iodine, Magnesium, Manganese, Molybdenum, Selenium, Chromium) + Vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12, C, D3, E)
Manufactured By: Apex Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Prescription: Not required as it is available as OTC
Form: Tablet, Capsules, syrups and drops.
Price: Rs. 90 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Multivitamin + Multimineral
Uses of Zincovit
Zincovit is used to prevent or treat following conditions:
- Pregnancy: Used to meet the increased nutritional demand of the body during pregnancy.
- Neuropathies: Used to treat various kind of neuropathies (nerve dysfunction)
- Bone strengthening: Used for Bone strengthening in cases weak bones.
- Weight loss: Used in cases of weight loss as it helps to regain the weight.
- Hair fall: Used to treat hair fall and other conditions.
- Vitamin and zinc deficiency: Used to prevent or treat Vitamin and zinc deficiency
- Growth booster: Used during growth period of children
- Post surgery: Used for recovery after surgery or illness
- Fatigue: Used in cases of fatigue or weakness
- Skin diseases: Used to treat patients with skin diseases.
- Loss of appetite: Used to boost digestion and increase appetite.
How does Zincovit work?
- Zincovit contains various Minerals and Multivitamins.
- Zincovit helps in increased calcium absorption and strengthening bone as it contains Vitamin D3.
- It helps in boosting the immunity as it contains minerals like Zinc.
- Zincovit also helps in breakdown of proteins and metabolizes carbohydrates.
How to take Zincovit?
- Zincovit is present in the form of tablets and in the form of syrup (Zincovit syrup).
- Zincovit tablet is taken via mouth with a glass of water preferably with or without food.
- Zincovit tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- In you are consuming Zincovit suspension, bottle should be shaken up well before consumption and a measuring cup should be used.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
Common Dosage for Zincovit
- Zincovit should used with caution in patients with liver impairment as prolonged use of Zincovit can affect the liver.
- Common Adult dose of Zincovit tablet is a single tablet in a day.
- The dosage and strength of Zincovit can be increased depending on the condition or as stated by the physician.
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
- Paediatrician should be consulted before administering in paediatric population.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Zincovit?
Overdose of Zincovit can cause serious undesirable effects and will not give faster results. In case of any undesirable effects, immediately consult the doctor or trained medical staff.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Zincovit?
Dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Zincovit?
Expired Zincovit might not exhibit effects or any undesirable effects. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Zincovit?
The time taken by the drug to show effects vary from 1 day to 1 week of starting the Zincovit therapy.
Q. Till when does the effect of Zincovit stays?
Patient may start to feel the strength and high immune power after completing the prescribed dose.
When to Avoid Zincovit?
Do not Consume Zincovit if:
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to Selenium or other components.
- Bleeding disorders: In cases of patients with bleeding disorders.
- Copper deficiency: In cases of abrasion and copper deficiency.
- Toxicity: In cases of Aluminium toxicity
- Dermatitis: In cases of Acute dermatitis and acute eczema
Precautions While Taking Zincovit:
- Dose alteration: Dose alteration without doctor’s advice is to be avoided.
- Allergy: Zincovit should be used with extra caution in patients with hypersensitivity or allergic history to Zincovit or any of its content.
Warnings When Taking Zincovit
- Consume the tablet with or after food, preferably with a glass of milk to prevent stomach upset.
- Dose alteration without proper medical advice is to be avoided.
- Always inform the doctor in case of any history of allergy.
Side-Effects of Zincovit:
The side effects associated with Zincovit are:
- Confusion (less common)
- Drowsiness (less common)
- Joint pain (common)
- Muscle weakness (common)
- Fatigue or weakness (common)
- Increased Urination (less common)
- Altered Heartbeat (common)
- Sleeping disturbances (less common)
- Exhaustion (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Zincovit?
- Zincovit is known to cause allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lip and throat.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Zincovit on organs?
Zincovit should used with caution in patients with liver impairment as prolonged use of Zincovit can affect the liver.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Zincovit. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Zincovit. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Zincovit
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Zincovit
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Actinomycin (mild)
- Alendronate (moderate)
- Allopurinol (mild)
- Amiodarone (moderate)
- Arsenic trioxide (mild)
- Ascorbic acid (moderate)
- Aspirin (moderate)
- Atorvastatin (mild)
- Anti-diabetic drugs (mild)
3. Effects of Zincovit on Lab Tests
Zincovit does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Zincovit’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or kidney diseases and gastric ulcer.
Q. Can I have Zincovit with alcohol?
No, as consuming alcohol with Zincovit may cause liver damage. The doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Zincovit.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Zincovit when pregnant?
No, it is not safe to consume during pregnancy (especially just before the term of pregnancy). Always inform the doctor before taking Zincovit in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Zincovit when feeding a baby?
Lactating mothers should not use it unless it is absolutely necessary.
The drug should be used with caution and the doctor should always be informed
Q. Can I drive after taking Zincovit?
Zincovit has no affect on the ability to drive but one should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs.
Also Read: Zanduvigorex Side Effect
Buyer’s Guide – Zincovit Composition, Variant and Price
|Zincovit Variants||Zincovit Composition||Zincovit Price (Rs.)|
|Zincovit 15ml Drops||Choline 25 MCG, Flaxseed oil 3 MG, L-lysine 10 MG, Vitamin A 1000 IU, Vitamin B1 0.8 MG, Vitamin B2 0.6 MG, Vitamin B3 3 MG, Vitamin B5 1 MG, Vitamin C 40 MG, Vitamin D3 200 IU, Vitamin E 2.5 IU||Rs. 50 for 1pack|
|Zincovit 200ml Syrup||D-panthenol 1.25 MG, Elemental copper 25 MCG, Elemental selenium 10 MCG, Elemental zinc 5 MG, Iodine 38 MCG, L-lysine 5 MG, Niacinamide 7.5 MG, Potassium iodide 50 MCG, Vitamin A 1250 IU, Vitamin B1 0.75 MG, Vitamin B12 0.5 MCG, Vitamin B2 0.75 MG, Vitamin B6 0.5 MG, Vitamin D3 100 IU, Vitamin E 2.5 IU||Rs. 127 for 1 pack|
|Zincovit Tablet||Ascorbic acid 75 MCG, Biotin 150 MCG, Calcium pantothenate 10 MG, Copper sulphate 2 MG, Cyanocobalamin 7.5 MCG, D-alpha-tocopherol acetate 15 MG, Elemental boron 150 MCG, Elemental chromium 25 MCG, Folic acid 1 MG, Magnesium oxide 30 MG, Manganese sulphate 2.8 MG, Molybdenum 25 MCG, Niacinamide 50 MG, Potassium iodide 150 MCG, Pyridoxine 2 MG, Riboflavine 10 MG, Selenium dioxide 70 MCG, Silicon dioxide 1 MG, Thiamine mononitrate 10 MG, Vitamin A 5000 IU, Vitamin D3 400 IU, Zinc sulphate 63 MG||Rs. 90 for 15 tablets|
|Zincovit SF 200ml Syrup||Elemental copper 25 MCG, Elemental selenium 10 MCG, Elemental zinc 5 MG, Iodine 90 MCG, L-lysine 100 MG, Vitamin A 375 MCG, Vitamin B1 0.75 MG, Vitamin B2 0.75 MG, Vitamin B3 7.5 MG, Vitamin B5 1.25 MG, Vitamin B6 0.5 MG, Vitamin C 40 MG, Vitamin E 2.5 MG /5ML||Rs. 119 for 1 pack|
Substitutes of Zincovit
The following are alternative drugs for Zincovit:
- Hi Vit Tablet:
- Manufactured by Diana Pharma
- Price- Rs. 85
- Bexoplex Capsule:
- Manufactured by Biotech Pharma
- Price- Rs. 71
- Visyneral Tablet:
- Manufactured by USV Pvt Ltd
- Price- Rs. 35.2
Storage requirements for Zincovit
- Store the Zincovit tablet at a dry, moisture free place away from direct heat or sunlight at room temperature.
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
FAQs – 12 Important Questions Answered about Zincovit
Q. What is Zincovit?
Ans. Zincovit is a synthetically derived form of the drug used as a nutritional supplement in cases where there is a nutritional deficiency or increased metabolic demand by the body.
Zincovit contains various elements, vitamins and Minerals as its active ingredient.
It is being used in cases of pregnancy, weight loss, and hair fall, etc.
Q. What are the uses of Zincovit?
Ans. It is being used in cases of pregnancy, weight loss, and hair fall etc.
Q. What are the side effects of Zincovit?
Ans. The most common side effects of Zincovit are Confusion, Drowsiness, Joint pain, Muscle weakness, Fatigue or weakness
Q. How effective is Zincovit?
Ans. The time is taken by the drug to show effects vary from 1 day to 1 week of starting the Zincovit therapy.
Q. Should Zincovit be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Zincovit should not be taken empty stomach to prevent any potential stomach upset.
Q. Does Zincovit make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Zincovit may cause drowsiness in a few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Zincovit doses?
Ans. The ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Zincovit should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken. And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Zincovit.
Q. Does Zincovit effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Zincovit safe for children?
Ans. Zincovit should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Zincovit?
Ans. Any liver disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Zincovit.
Q. Is Zincovit legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
- 1mg Lab Test Coupon Codes for all users
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.