Skip to Content
- What is Zinetac?
- Uses of Zinetac
- How does Zinetac work?
- How to take Zinetac?
- Zinetac Common Dosage
- When to Avoid Zinetac?
- Precautions While Taking Zinetac:
- Side-Effects of Zinetac:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 1. Food Interactions with Zinetac
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Zinetac
- 3. Effects of Zinetac on Lab Tests
- 4. Zinetac’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Zinetac with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Zinetac when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Zinetac when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Zinetac?
- Buyer’s Guide – Zinetac Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Zinetac
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Zinetac
- Q. What is Zinetac?
- Q. What are the uses of Zinetac?
- Q. What are the side effects of Zinetac?
- Q. How long does it take for Zinetac to show results?
- Q. Should Zinetac be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Zinetac make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Zinetac doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Zinetac effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Zinetac safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Zinetac?
- Q. Is Zinetac legal in India?
- Authored By –
1What is Zinetac?
It is predominantly used to prevent or treat heartburn, acidity, stomach ulcers and conditions like GERD (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease). Gynecomastia (swollen male breasts) is the rare but major side effect seen at repetitive high doses (prolonged use). It should be totally avoided in case of gastric bleeding and in patients with allergic history.
Zinetac Composition: Ranitidine 150mg
Manufactured by: Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Prescription: To be sold by prescription but it is also available as OTC (Over the counter)
Form: Tablets and Injections
Price: Rs 22.62 for 30 Tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: H2 receptor antagonist (Antihistamine).