What is Zolpidem?
Zolpidem is sold under the brand name Ambien. It comes under the class of sedative or hypnotic. Zolpidem is the medicine prescribed for sleeping disorders.
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: Netmeds Coupons | Netmeds Offers Today
Uses of Zolpidem
- Zolpidem helps people who have trouble sleeping.
- It is used to cure insomnia.
- Zolpidem is used to increase the sleep onset.
- It prevents seizures and relaxes the muscles.
How Does Zolpidem Work?
Zolpidem activates the GABA neurotransmitter and binds it to the receptors. It slows down the activity of the brain and leads the way for trouble less sleeping.
How to Take Zolpidem?
- Zolpidem should be taken after meals with a full glass of water.
- Do not exceed your dosage from the prescription.
- Swallow Zolpidem wholly. Do not crush, break or chew the tablet.
Zolpidem Price in India
|Zolpidem (Volume of 10)||Rs 59.00|
Also Read: Warfarin Price
Common Dosage for Zolpidem
- The dosage is different for different individuals. So it is safe to consult the doctor before taking the dosage.
- For women, the usual dosage is about 5mg once a day.
- In the case of men, the dosage can be increased from 5 mg to 10 mg per day according to their condition.
Also Read: Xyzal Dosage | Zyrtec Dosage
Precautions – When to Avoid Zolpidem?
While taking Zolpidem you should follow the following steps:
- Don’t delay or miss a scheduled meal or snack
- Don’t take Zolpidem along with other certain medications.
- Avoid Zolpidem if you feel nausea and vomiting.
Side-Effects of Zolpidem
Some common side effects of Zolpidem are:
- Increased saliva production
- Mental/mood changes
- Suicide thoughts
- Trouble walking
- Memory problems
- Yellowing of eyes or skin
- Allergies like rashes, itches, swells.
Effects of Zolpidem on Organs
High dosage of Zolpidem may damage the liver by affecting its functions.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drug interaction varies according to how Zolpidem works. Antifungals, Antidepressants, and Antibiotics may remove or reduce the potency of Zolpidem
Effects/Results after Consuming Zolpidem
The result will be effective while taking Zolpidem for the prescribed dosage. The result will be immediate within one hour and extended up to 11 hours.
Storage Requirements about Zolpidem
Zolpidem can be stored in a closed container at room temperature of about 20 to 25 degree Celsius away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Pro Tips When Taking Zolpidem
- Zolpidem should not be taken in a higher dosage than recommended.
- Take Zolpidem before 8 hours of waking up to avoid interruptions in your sleep.
- Avoid driving or operating any other machinery the next day if you have had more than 5 mg of dosage as you would feel dizzy.
FAQs – Things to Know About Zolpidem
Is Zolpidem addictive?
Zolpidem is reported to be addictive in some cases as it is a sedative.
Can I have Zolpidem with alcohol?
No. Having Zolpidem with alcohol will cause confusion, dizziness, and depression.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
No, unless your doctor advised you to avoid some food items according to your conditions.
Can I have Zolpidem when pregnant?
Zolpidem is recommended during pregnancy. Although you can consult your doctor.
Can I have Zolpidem when feeding a baby?
Zolpidem is passed through the breast milk but there is no evidence to report that it causes any negative effects on infants.
Can I drive after taking Zolpidem?
Don’t drive if you feel dizzy after taking Zolpidem. Wait for a few hours before driving.
What happens if I overdose on Zolpidem?
The effect of taking an overdose of Zolpidem will be fatal.
What happens if I eat expired Zolpidem?
It will not be effective and cause adverse effects and it is advisable to discard the expired drugs soon.
What happens if I miss a dose of Zolpidem?
If you miss a dose of Zolpidem, take it as soon as possible. If it is already time for the next dose, continue with it.
When Was Zolpidem Made?
Zolpidem was made in the year 1992 at the USA.
Also read about other medicine's: Venlafaxine | Viagra | Vicodin