Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Zyloric tablet?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Zyloric tablet?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Zyloric tablet?
- Q. Onset time of Zyloric tablet and till when does the effect of Zyloric tablet stays?
- Warnings When Taking Zyloric tablet
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Zyloric tablet?
- 1. Food Interactions with Zyloric
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Zyloric
- 3. Effects of Zyloric on Lab Tests
- 4. Zyloric’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Zyloric tablet with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Zyloric tablet when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Zyloric tablet when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Zyloric tablet?
- Storage requirements for Zyloric tablet
- Q. What is Zyloric tablet?
- Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Zyloric tablet to show results?
- Q. Should Zyloric tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Zyloric tablet make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Zyloric tablet doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Zyloric tablet effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Zyloric tablet safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Zyloric tablet?
- Q. Is Zyloric tablet legal in India?
What is Zyloric Tablet?
Used mainly to treat and manage excess uric acid production in conditions like gout, kidney stones, etc. Excessive urine production, altered taste sensation are the common and major side effects at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of heart, liver and thyroid problems.
Zyloric tablet Composition: Allopurinol 100mg.
Manufactured By: GlaxoSmithKline.
Prescription: Not required as it is available as OTC (over the counter) drug.
Price: Rs. 19.26 for 10 tablets of 100mg.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Hyperuricemia agent.
Uses of Zyloric tablet
Zyloric tablet serves a great purpose in the prevention or treatment of the following conditions:
- Renal Calculi: Used in cases of patients with renal calculi (kidney stones).
- Acidosis: Used to treat and manage increased acid production in the urine.
- Gout: In cases of Gout as it decreases the chance of uric acid stones in a nascent stage of uricosuric therapy.
- Chemotherapy: In cases of patients undergoing chemotherapy, it helps to reduce the uric acid production.
Also Read: Zincovittablet Uses | Zinetac Uses
How does Zyloric tablet work?
- Zyloric tablet contains Allopurinol as its main active ingredient.
- Xanthine oxidase is responsible for uric acid production in the body.
- Allopurinol works by blocking the xanthine oxidase and therefore, decreases the uric acid production inside the body.
How to take Zyloric tablet?
- Zyloric is available in the form of a tablet, usually taken orally with a glass of water, with or after food.
- Take the tablet with or after food as it helps in better absorption of the drug.
- Evenly spaced time intervals between two doses should be maintained.
- The dose should not be altered in any form without the proper guidance of the doctor.
- It is advisable to go through the leaflet inside the drug package for better understanding about the Do’s and don’ts of the drug.
Common Dosage for Zyloric tablet
- Zyloric tablet dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- Usually recommended dose for an adult in case of kidney stone is 1-2 times a day but it may vary depending on the case. The doctor can decide the dosage as per the condition of the patient.
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Zyloric tablet?
Overdose of Zyloric tablet can cause serious undesirable effects. Always adhere to the prescribed dose only and in case of overdose, immediately inform the doctor or trained medical staff.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Zyloric tablet?
The dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to an overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Zyloric tablet?
Expired Zyloric tablet might not exhibit effects or any undesirable effects. However, one should abstain from consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Zyloric tablet and till when does the effect of Zyloric tablet stays?
- The effect of Zyloric tablet can be seen within the first 2-3 days of starting the therapy.
- Average duration of action is 24 hours.
- Time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual patient.
- Complete prescribe dose should be taken.
When to Avoid Zyloric tablet?
Do not Consume Zyloric tablet if:
- Allergy: In cases of patients with known allergy to any of its constituents.
- Lactose intolerance: In cases of patients with lactose intolerance.
- Blood pressure: In cases of high BP, patients with high sodium levels in blood.
- Thyroid disorder: In cases of patients with dysfunctional thyroid.
- Heart problems: If cases of the known history of high blood potassium levels, congestive heart failure, heart disease is there
Precautions While Taking Zyloric tablet:
- Allergy: In case of any allergic reaction, seek medical help immediately.
- Dose alteration: Don’t alter/Change the schedule of the dose as per your own convenience.
- Dose administration: Zyloric tablet should be taken preferably with or after food for better absorption.
Warnings When Taking Zyloric tablet
- There should be equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- It is advisable to strictly adhere to the prescribed dose.
- Concomitant use of aluminum hydroxide with Zyloric tablet should be delayed by 3 hours.
Side-Effects of Zyloric tablet
The side effects associated with Zyloric tablet are:
- Nausea (Common)
- Vomiting, (less common)
- Stomach pain, (less common)
- Gas in the stomach, (Common)
- Excessive production of urine, (Common)
- Ulcers in the stomach, (less common)
- Tiredness, (Common)
- Fatigue, (less common)
- Anxiety (Common)
- Headache. (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Zyloric tablet?
- In case of any allergic signs like
- Breathing difficulty
- Swelling of face,lip
- Immediate medical help should be taken in case of any above signs appear.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Zyloric tablet. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Zyloric tablet. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Zyloric
Excess consumption of juice to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Zyloric
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Antacids (Moderate)
- Azathioprine (mild)
- Aspirin (Moderate)
- Theophylline (mild)
- Phenytoin (mild)
- Antibiotics (mild)
- HIV medication (Moderate)
- Immunosuppressant (mild)
- Diuretics (Moderate)
- Anticoagulants (Moderate)
- Aluminium hydroxide (Moderate)
3. Effects of Zyloric on Lab Tests
Zyloric tablet doesn’t affect any lab tests as such.
4. Zyloric’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Heart, liver or thyroid diseases.
Q. Can I have Zyloric tablet with alcohol?
No, as consuming alcohol with Zyloric tablet can cause increased uric acid production and it may worsen the condition. The doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Zyloric tablet.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
Excessive intake of juices to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Zyloric tablet when pregnant?
No, it should be avoided in pregnancy unless stated otherwise by the doctor as it is not safe. Always inform the doctor before taking Zyloric tablet in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive for case-specific recommendations.
Q. Can I have Zyloric tablet when feeding a baby?
Lactating mothers should not use it unless necessary and the drug should be used with caution under the doctor’s guidance.
Q. Can I drive after taking Zyloric tablet?
Yes, Zyloric tablet does not affect the ability to drive. Although, driving or operating heavy machinery should be avoided in such cases after 24 hours of taking the drug.
Also Read: Wysolone Side Effect | Zanduvigorex Side Effect | Zanocin Side Effect
Buyer’s Guide – Zyloric tablet Composition, Variant and Price
|Zyloric Variants||Zyloric Composition||Zyloric Price|
|Zyloric 300mg tablet||Allopurinol 300mg||Rs. 76.00 for 10 Tablets|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Practo
Substitutes of Zyloric tablet
The following are alternative drugs for Zyloric tablet:
- Ciploric 100mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Cipla.
- Price – Rs. 18.48
- Louric 100mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Olcare Laboratories Pvt Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 51.75
- Uricare 100mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – East West Pharma.
- Price – Rs. 18.69
- Lodiric 100mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Novartis.
- Price – Rs. 15
Storage requirements for Zyloric tablet
- Store the Zyloric tablet at a dry, moisture free place away from direct heat or sunlight at temperature below 25OC
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
- Avoid freezing the medicine
Also Read: Zenfloxoz Price | Zentel Price | Zerodol Price
FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Zyloric tablet
Q. What is Zyloric tablet?
Ans. The zyloric tablet is a solo drug that contains Allopurinol as its main active ingredient and is used to treat acidosis and gout etc.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Zyloric tablet to show results?
Ans. The effect of Zyloric tablet can be seen within the first 2-3 days of starting the therapy. Although, time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every patient.
Q. Should Zyloric tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Zyloric tablet should not be taken empty stomach as it can lead to gastric irritation and delayed drug absorption.
Q. Does Zyloric tablet make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Zyloric tablet may cause drowsiness/ sleepiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Zyloric tablet doses?
Ans. The ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Zyloric tablet should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken.
And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Zyloric tablet.
Q. Does Zyloric tablet effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Zyloric tablet safe for children?
Ans. The zyloric tablet should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Zyloric tablet?
Ans. Any liver disorder, pregnancy or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Zyloric tablet.
Q. Is Zyloric tablet legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.