Table of Contents
- 1 What is Zyprexa?
- 2 What does Zyprexa contain?
- 3 What is Zyprexa used for?
- 4 How Does Zyprexa Work?
- 5 How to Take Zyprexa?
- 6 Zyprexa Price In India
- 7 Common Dosage for Zyprexa?
- 8 When to Avoid Zyprexa?
- 9 Side-Effects of Zyprexa (Olanzapine)
- 10 Effects of Zyprexa on Organs?
- 11 Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- 12 Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- 13 Effects/Results After Consuming Zyprexa
- 14 FAQs
- 15 Is Zyprexa addictive?
- 16 Can I have Zyprexa (Olanzapine) with alcohol?
- 17 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 18 Can I have Zyprexa (Olanzapine) when pregnant?
- 19 Can I have Zyprexa when feeding a baby?
- 20 Can I drive after taking Zyprexa?
- 21 What happens if I overdose on Zyprexa (Olanzapine)?
- 22 What happens if I eat expired Zyprexa?
- 23 What happens if I miss a dose of Zyprexa?
- 24 Storage Requirements for Zyprexa (Olanzapine)
- 25 Pro Tips When Taking Zyprexa
What is Zyprexa?
Zyprexa is an antipsychotic medication used to treat mood disorders.
Manufactured By – Eli Lilly & Co
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Coupons For 1Mg | Pharmeasy Coupons
What does Zyprexa contain?
The main ingredient of Zyprexa is olanzapine.
What is Zyprexa used for?
Zyprexa (Olanzapine) is used for the treatment of:
- Bipolar disorder
How Does Zyprexa Work?
Zyprexa acts by controlling certain messengers inside your brain which are responsible for altering your mood.
How to Take Zyprexa?
- Zyprexa (Olanzapine) tablet must be swallowed as a whole with a glass of water.
- You must not chew, crush or break the tablet while taking it.
- You may consume Zyprexa on an empty or full stomach.
Zyprexa Price In India
|5/10mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 59.80|
Also Read: Cosentyx Price | Humulin Price
Common Dosage for Zyprexa?
Zyprexa is generally prescribed once or two times daily. Your doctor may alter your dosage and its frequency depending upon the severity of your condition.
When to Avoid Zyprexa?
Avoid Zyprexa if:
- You are allergic to any component of Zyprexa
- You have difficulty in swallowing
- You have low WBC count
- You have enlarged prostate
- You have gastrointestinal disease
- You have glaucoma
Side-Effects of Zyprexa (Olanzapine)
Some of the reported side effects of Zyprexa are:
- Stomach upset and pain
- Dry mouth
- Increased hunger
- Weight gain
- Swallowing difficulty
- Reduced heartbeat
Also Read: Xifaxan Side Effect | Zinc Sulphate Side Effect
Effects of Zyprexa on Organs?
Long-term use of Zyprexa (Olanzapine) is not safe for the patients with kidney and liver disease. Your doctor may adjust your dose as per your requirement.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Some of the common allergic reactions reported with Zyprexa are:
- difficulty breathing, and
- swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
One needs to be careful about the following drug interactions with Zyprexa:
- Muscle relaxants
Effects/Results After Consuming Zyprexa
The effect of Zyprexa (Olanzapine) can be observed within 1 hour of administration. Your disease symptoms will start to improve after taking this medication.
Is Zyprexa addictive?
Zyprexa is generally not addictive in nature but may cause some withdrawal symptoms while stopping this medication.
Can I have Zyprexa (Olanzapine) with alcohol?
It is better to avoid alcohol when on Zyprexa. Consult your doctor about limiting alcohol with this medication. Co-consumption of alcohol with Zyprexa causes excessive sleepiness and drowsiness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
You must consult your doctor regarding the foods to be avoided.
Can I have Zyprexa (Olanzapine) when pregnant?
In most cases, it is not safe to take Zyprexa if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication.
Can I have Zyprexa when feeding a baby?
Zyprexa (Olanzapine) is known to pass in mother’s milk to the baby. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive after taking Zyprexa?
It is generally safe to drive while taking Zyprexa. However, if you experience drowsiness, dizziness, a headache or any side effect that alters your consciousness then it may not be safe to drive.
What happens if I overdose on Zyprexa (Olanzapine)?
An overdose of Zyprexa will not improve your symptoms. It may even cause serious side-effects like stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Consult your doctor immediately in case of overdose.
What happens if I eat expired Zyprexa?
If by mistake you consume a dose of expired Zyprexa (Olanzapine), the chances of harm are very less. It is advised to check the label for expiry date always before use.
What happens if I miss a dose of Zyprexa?
As soon as you remember, take the missed dose. However, if it is already time for next dose, carry on with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
Storage Requirements for Zyprexa (Olanzapine)
- Always store Zyprexa at a temperature around 25 degree Celsius
- Storing in moisture-prone places like bathroom may damage the tablet
- Keep Zyprexa away from direct heat and sunlight
- Store it where your children and pets can’t reach
Pro Tips When Taking Zyprexa
- Do not try to self-adjust the dose. Take it in the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not share your medication with anyone even if they have a similar condition.
- Discuss the pros and cons of Zyprexa (Olanzapine) if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy or if you are breastfeeding.
- This medication, when administered with certain medication, may cause excessive drowsiness.
- Share your complete medical history with your doctor before taking Zyprexa.