Table of Contents
- 1 What is Zyrtec?
- 2 Uses of Zyrtec
- 3 How Does Zyrtec Work?
- 4 Zyrtec Price in India
- 5 How to Take Zyrtec?
- 6 Common Dosage for Zyrtec
- 7 Precautions – When to Avoid Zyrtec?
- 8 Side-Effects of Zyrtec
- 9 Effects of Zyrtec on Organs
- 10 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 11 Effects/Results after Consuming Zyrtec
- 12 Storage Requirements about Zyrtec
- 13 Pro Tips When Taking Zyrtec
- 14 FAQs – Things to Know About Zyrtec
- 15 Is Zyrtec addictive?
- 16 Can I have Zyrtec with alcohol?
- 17 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 18 Can I have Zyrtec when pregnant?
- 19 Can I have Zyrtec when feeding a baby?
- 20 Can I drive after taking Zyrtec?
- 21 What happens if I overdose on Zyrtec?
- 22 What happens if I eat expired Zyrtec?
- 23 What happens if I miss a dose of Zyrtec?
- 24 When Was Zyrtec Made?
Zyrtec Composition – Cetirizine 10 MG
Manufactured By – Dr Reddys Laboratories Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 17
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What is Zyrtec?
Zyrtec is the brand name for Cetirizine. It is a second generation antihistamine. Zyrtec acts as a selective antagonist for the histamine receptor.
Manufactured By – Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd
Other variants and composition –
|Zyrtec 10Mg Tablet||Cetirizine 10 MG|
|Zyrtec Syrup||Cetirizine 5 MG /5ML|
|Zyrtec 10Ml Drops||Cetirizine 10 MG /ML|
|Zyrtec Od Tablet||Cetirizine 10 MG|
|Zyrtec-D Tablet||Cetirizine 5 MG+, Pseudoephedrine 120 MG|
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: 1Mg Promo Code | Medlife India
Uses of Zyrtec
- Zyrtec is used to treat itching and hay fever.
- It is also used to cure acute and chronic urticaria.
- Zyrtec is also used in Kimura disease.
Also Read: Venlafaxine Uses | Viagra Uses | Vicodin Uses
How Does Zyrtec Work?
Zyrtec is used to prevent allergic reactions. It blocks the production of certain natural substance such as histamine which is used to form allergic reactions.
Zyrtec Price in India
|Zyrtec (per pack)||Rs 17.00|
How to Take Zyrtec?
- Swallow the tablet wholly. Do not crush, chew or break it.
- Zyrtec is in tablet or liquid form.
- It is recommended to take Zyrtec in the evening.
Common Dosage for Zyrtec
The dosage for Zyrtec is different for different conditions. So it is safe to consult the doctor before taking the dosage. The dosage is only between 5mg and 10mg per day.
Other medicine's Dosage: Warfarin Dosage
Precautions – When to Avoid Zyrtec?
While taking Zyrtec you should follow the following steps:
- Don’t delay or miss a scheduled meal or snack
- Don’t take Zyrtec along with other certain medications.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for initial days while taking Zyrtec.
Side-Effects of Zyrtec
Some common side effects of Zyrtec are:
- Weakness or tiredness
- Cough or stuffy nose
- Dry mouth
- Diarrhoea or constipation
- Rashes or itching
- Loss of hearing
- Dark coloured urine
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
Effects of Zyrtec on Organs
Patients who have liver problems will have more damaged effects on liver while consuming Zyrtec as it is metabolized in the liver.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drugs which cause serious effects while interacting with Zyrtec are:
- Antidepressant drugs,
- anxiety drugs,
- sleeping pills,
- tranquilizers and;
- other antihistamines.
Effects/Results after Consuming Zyrtec
Zyrtec will show its effect within 1 to 2 hours and may take up to 8 hours to get out of the system.
Storage Requirements about Zyrtec
Zyrtec can be stored in a closed container at room temperature away from heat, moisture and direct light.
Pro Tips When Taking Zyrtec
- Zyrtec should be taken in the prescribed dosage and one must only increase the dosage when the physician prescribes it.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Zyrtec as it may cause negative effects on the body.
- Avoid alcohol while taking Zyrtec.
FAQs – Things to Know About Zyrtec
Is Zyrtec addictive?
No, Zyrtec is not addictive.
Can I have Zyrtec with alcohol?
No. Having Zyrtec with alcohol will cause dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty in concentration by affecting the nervous system.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Zyrtec when pregnant?
Zyrtec is not reported to have any side effects on mother or baby in the time of pregnancy.
Can I have Zyrtec when feeding a baby?
Taking Zyrtec while breastfeeding can cause serious side effects on the baby as it may pass through the breast milk.
Can I drive after taking Zyrtec?
You should avoid driving if you feel drowsy.
What happens if I overdose on Zyrtec?
It would cause dizziness, drowsiness, and agitations.
What happens if I eat expired Zyrtec?
It will not be effective but sometimes it may cause changes in your eyesight.
What happens if I miss a dose of Zyrtec?
If you miss a dose of Zyrtec take it as soon as you remember it within the next 12 hours. If you don’t, then just go back to your regular dosage.
When Was Zyrtec Made?
Zyrtec was made in the year 1995.