Conditioning your tresses after every wash can take your hair care up a notch. The pollution, dust, and weather can strip your hair of nourishment and moisture. Good hair conditioners keep your tresses moisturised and provide nourishment to the follicles. However, there is no size fits all approach, and it is necessary to choose the conditioner that best suits your hair type. Here is a list of the best hair conditioner brands in India. From frizzy to dry, damaged, chemically treated, and dull, there is one for every hair type.
How Do We Choose the Best Conditioners for You?
Choosing the right hair conditioner doesn’t have to be as complicated as you think. In India, you can easily find good-quality conditioners ranging from Rs 90 to Rs 999 or more. Here, we will guide you with a few easy steps to choose a conditioner that suits and complements your hair in every way. Here are some factors we considered before creating this list.
Every hair type demands a different formula, and you must be aware of it before purchasing any hair care product. If you have dry or frizzy hair, go for thick, rich, and deep-nourishing formulas. For people with thin hair, you can check out a conditioner that adds volume to your hair, but make sure not to go for heavy products that might weigh your hair down. People with colour-treated hair should go for highly-nourishing formulas.
We added conditioners such as shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil, argan oil, rice water, keratin, chickpea, oats, etc., that truly help replenish your hair.
List of the Top 20 Hair Conditioner Brands in India
L’Oreal is a French personal care brand that is loved in India as much as it is loved abroad. It has been India’s favourite hair conditioner brand. It has a myriad of conditioner variants that are specifically formulated according to different hair types.
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Paris Total Repair Conditioner:
- Has a keratin-infused formula to repair dull and damaged hair
- It reinforces damaged hair fibre to maintain good hair health
- Contains Ceramide that keeps the hair smooth and shiny
- The powerful Keratin XS Technology protects the hair from heat and styling damage
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 192.5 ml
- Has a mesmerising fragrance
- Makes the hair look and feel healthier
- Salicyclic acid keeps the scalp clean
- Not ideal for super dry hair
- Fragrance may not be very long-lasting
Why We Picked L’Oreal Paris Conditioners?
These conditioners by L’Oreal provide the ultimate shine to your hair, making them beautiful as ever. L’Oreal conditioners help to moisturize your hair, and their added amino acids help to strengthen them from within. The L’Oreal Paris Total Repair conditioner is one of its best-selling products and has proven to soften rough, dry, and damaged hair for millions of people across the globe.
Healthy hair is the best kind of hair. Dove makes that possible for us. Dove is a personal care brand owned by Unilever that manufactures its products worldwide. Dove has a collection of the gentlest hair conditioners in India that make the hair soft and strong.
Prominent Features of the Dove Hair Fall Rescue Conditioner:
- Enriched with Nutrilock Actives that deeply condition your hair
- Contains sunflower oil that helps you detangle your hair easily
- Its Moisture-Lock technology will calm frizzy hair and prevent them from drying
- Thick and creamy formula that spreads and absorbs easily into the hair
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 175 ml
- Contains no parabens, dyes, or sulphates
- Helps in detangling
- Adds a natural shine
- It might not suit every hair type
Why We Picked Dove Conditioners?
The Dove hair conditioner provides total nourishment and cares for your hair. The brand has recently launched its Dove Hair Fall Rescue Conditioner, which is specifically created with sunflower oil to make the hair soft and frizz-free. With more and more essential nutrients and amazing variants, Dove has gained popularity as one of the most preferred hair conditioner brands in India.
TRESemme is an American hair care brand that has recently gained recognition in the Indian market. The hair care giant believes that ‘Every Woman Deserves To Look & Feel Fabulous’. It was launched in 1947 by Godefroy Manufacturing and is now owned by Unilever.
Prominent Features of the TRESemme Keratin Smooth Conditioner:
- The Keratin-rich conditioner helps in making the hair smooth and strong
- Also contains argan oil that deeply nourishes your hair, leaving them soft and luscious
- Dual-action formula lends more sheen and softness
- Works well for both natural and chemically-treated hair
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 335 ml
- Best conditioner for Indian hair
- Has a low amount of sulphate
- Controls frizziness
Why We Picked the TRESemme Conditioners?
The TRESemme conditioning range is developed with an advanced formula to give you a tamed salon-like look. These keratin smooth conditioners control the frizz for up to 48 hours and transform your hair into a gorgeously smoothened mane. If you’re looking for an affordable conditioner that gives you results as you’ve just come out of a hair salon, go for TRESemme.
Sunsilk is a hair care brand owned by Unilever. The brand makes its users swoon over its fresh fragrance. The British hair care brand was founded in 1954 and has a huge customer base in India.
Prominent Features of the Sunsilk Lusciously Thick & Long Nourishing Conditioner:
- Infused with Keratin Yoghurt complex to nourish your hair
- Have essential nutrients needed to maintain good hair health
- Regular usage can help make your hair thicker and healthier
- It instantly adds a natural bounce to your locks
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 180 ml
- Gives you smooth and silky hair
- Smells amazing
- It might make your scalp a little oily
Why We Picked the Sunsilk Conditioners?
Sunsilk has a huge variety of shampoos and conditioners that cater to various hair concerns. This one has a fresh fruity fragrance along with an enriched Keratin Yoghurt complex present in the Sunsilk Hair Conditioner to nourish your hair from within.
Loaded with essential nutrients, Sunsilk conditioners can add a lustre to your hair, making them long and strong. It is one of the best hair conditioners that prevail in the Indian market.
Khadi is a leading producer of herbal products in India. With no harmful ingredients, Khadi conditioners are perfect for getting smooth and silky hair naturally. The brand was founded in 1963 and has its head office in New Delhi.
Prominent Features of the Khadi Natural Shikakai and Honey Herbal Hair Conditioner:
- The blend of shikakai and honey helps repair and nourish damaged hair
- Contains reetha that helps control hair fall and keeps the scalp clean
- Also has jojoba that deeply conditions your hair
- Makes sure to keep both your hair and scalp healthy
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 210 ml
- Has no parabens or SLS
- Ayurvedic ingredients
- It will help soften rough hair
- It might not work on highly-damaged hair
Why We Picked the Khadi Conditioners?
These conditioners are made from natural extracts of plants that help to strengthen hair without posing any damage to the scalp. Khadi conditioners also have great antimicrobial properties to protect your scalp from infections and dandruff. There are numerous khadi conditioner variants that you can purchase according to your need.
The Body Shop
The Body Shop is famed for its cosmetics, skin, and hair care products. It is headquartered in London, United Kingdom and sells over a range of 1000 products worldwide. The company was founded in 1976 by Anita Roddick.
Prominent Features of The Body Shop Shea Butter Richly Replenishing Conditioner:
- Contains shea butter from Ghana that restores dull, dry, and damaged hair
- Makes frizzy hair soft and more easily manageable
- Helps repair dry and prone-to-breaking hair
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 250 ml
- Instantly revitalises dull hair
- Has a thick and smooth formula
- Smells great
- A little pricey
Why We Picked The Body Shop Shea Butter Richly Replenishing Conditioner?
The Body Shop sells a wide variety of conditioners in refreshing fragrances while providing beautiful shiny hair. These conditioners are made from the goodness of essential oils that help to rejuvenate your hair within. This Shea butter conditioner is a holy grail for anyone dealing with frizzy and damaged locks. Try it out, and you’ll see why we’re so crazy about this one!
Himalaya is a company that manufactures herbal healthcare products. Its products are sold in over 92 countries across the globe It is one of the greatest producers of personal and hair care products. The brand was founded in 1930 by Muhammad Manal and has its head office in Bengaluru today.
Prominent Features of the Himalaya Gentle Daily Care Protein Conditioner:
- Contains the goodness of chickpeas and oats that help strengthen your locks
- Lotus helps nourish the scalp and hair to keep them soft
- It helps prevent damage by daily wear & tear, heat damage, brushing, and more
- The blend of four protein-rich herbs makes the hair strong and voluminous
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 200 ml
- Contains natural ingredients
- Has a pH-balanced formula
- It might not help the hair detangle easily
Why We Picked the Himalaya Conditioners?
Himalaya conditioners are formulated with a repair and regeneration formula to remove knots from hair and detangle them thoroughly. It makes your hair soft and adds lustre. These conditioners are made from natural ingredients that promote hair growth and nourish your scalp. If you love using natural products on your hair, go for Himalaya conditioners.
Biotique offers a unique amalgamation of quality and sustainability in all its products. It is derived from nature’s gifts that personify the beauty of hair and skin. The Noida-based brand was launched in 1992 by Vinita Jain and is a sensation today.
Prominent Features of the Biotique Watercress Nourishing Conditioner:
- Contains Nyctanthes that have an anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory effect on the hair & scalp
- Watercress makes the scalp healthy to promote hair growth
- Has neem bark, ananas juice, carrot juice, cucumber juice, etc., that help repair damaged hair
- Works well on normal and colour-treated hair
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 120 ml
- Natural formula
- Spreads easily
- It might not nourish hair as expected
Why We Picked Biotique Conditioners?
Biotique conditioners are a blend of refreshing fragrances and natural ingredients. It eliminates hair problems like fizziness, flakiness, and dryness. The Biotique conditioners come with a pH-balanced formula that leaves your hair fresh and lustrous, ready to flaunt wherever you go!
Schwarzkopf is a German company that pioneers the hair care industry worldwide. It provides a multitude of hair care products that are greatly admired in India as well. Schwarzkopf conditioners are specifically produced to provide healthy and vivacious hair. It has revolutionized the hair care industry by providing some fantastic conditioners.
Prominent Features of the Schwarzkopf Professional Spa Essence Nourishing Conditioner:
- It has a Pro-cilium Keratin-based formula that strengthens and nourishes your hair
- Leaves a glossy effect on the hair
- Has a spa-like finish, making your hair super smooth
- Works well on natural and chemically-treated hair
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 1000 ml
- Professional treatment for your hair at home
- Leaves hair smooth
- Smells nice
- Needs to be left on for some time to see the results
Why We Picked Schwarzkopf Conditioners?
The conditioners help to repair the cells and recreate the hair surface biomimetically. Its conditioners also consist of a cell perfector technology that provides added care to your hair, making them soft and shiny. This one by the brand has a keratin-rich formula that adds strength, volume and shine to your hair instantly!
BBlunt is India’s new-age hair care brand that has come up with a fantastic range of hair conditioners. The BBlunt hair conditioners are perfect for fighting brittle hair.
Prominent Features of the BBlunt Born Again Conditioner:
- The blend of quinoa and hydrolyzed keratin helps restore damaged hair
- Provitamin B5 nourishes and protects your hair from external damage
- Comes in a unique mess-free flip bottle
- Weighs 200 grams
- Salon-tested product
- Best for chemically-treated hair
- Controls frizz
- It might not work well if used with a different brand of shampoo
Why We Picked BBlunt Conditioners?
Let your hair flow effortlessly with BBlunt conditioners that nourish your hair from within. The hydrolyzed keratin, along with jojoba, Vitamin E, wheat germ oil, and a special hair moisture complex. It is especially one of the best hair conditioners for dry hair
Established in 1945, Pantene is one of the largest-selling hair care brands in the world today. The company is owned by Procter & Gamble and has a huge customer base in India as well. It has collaborated with stars like Priyanka Chopra and Selena Gomez for its campaigns, making it an even more loved brand globally.
Prominent Features of the Pantene Pro-V Hair Fall Conditioner:
- Contains fermented rice water that makes your hair stronger and shinier
- Pro Vitamin helps nourish your hair strands
- Prevents hair fall and damage if used regularly
- Also prevents damage from heat styling tools
- Comes in a tube and weighs 200 ml
- One of the best conditioners for dry and frizzy hair
- Long-lasting fragrance
- Hair looks and feels healthy after use
- The fragrance might not be preferred by everyone
Matrix Professional is another leading haircare brand that’s relied on by both beginners and professionals in India. Its products are used in many Indian salons and are a true favourite of hair care lovers.
Prominent Features of the Matrix Opticare Professional Conditioner:
- This conditioner is specially formulated by professionals to keep your hair moisturised and lustrous
- Enriched with shea butter, it repairs dry hair and nourishes hair
- Regular usage can help make the hair more manageable
- This conditioner also helps retain straight hair for up to 72 washes
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 196 grams
- Prevents hair fall
- Best for straight hair
- A little expensive
- It might cause some hair fall
Founded in 1880 by Franz Ströher, Wella AG is one of the most established haircare brands around the globe. It manufactures shampoos, conditioners, bleaches, and hair colours used by professional hair stylists worldwide. The German-origin company has its head office in Geneva, Switzerland, and Los Angeles, United States.
Prominent Features of the Wella Professionals Invigo Nutri Enrich Deep Nourishing Conditioner:
- Has a blend of nutrient-rich vitamins that restore the vitality of your hair
- It instantly moisturises dry or stressed hair for nourished hair full of vitality
- Has a fruity fragrance that will revitalise your sense
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 200 ml
- Best for dry and damaged hair
- Gives instant nourishment
- It might not suit every hair type
Garnier is a popular name in the Indian haircare market. This French brand was founded in 1904 by Alfred Amour Garnier and has its headquarters in Clichy, France. You can also find skincare and cosmetic products under this brand that are a huge hit in India.
Prominent Features of the Garnier Fructis Conditioner:
- It contains fruit concentrates and lemon peel extract to nourish your hair from the roots
- Also has apple extract and vitamin C to clean and rejuvenate your scalp
- The conditioner is suitable for all hair types and can be used by men as well
- It prevents frizz and split ends and reduces split ends and hair breakage
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 175 ml
- Helps remove dandruff
- Nourishing formula
- Prevents hair fall
- The consistency might be a little runny
Founded in 2018 by Vipul Gupta, Re’equil has managed to garner a considerable customer base in India within a very short span. The brand makes clean and highly effective skincare and hair care products. The company is based out of Chandigarh and is a popular choice one eCommerce sites.
Prominent Features of the Re’equil Murumuru Damage Repair Conditioner:
- Enriched with organic murumuru butter, this conditioner adds volume and repairs brittle hair
- Fortified with hydrolysed proteins to help strengthen your hair
- It is dermatologically tested and is ideal for curly hair
- Regular usage will help make your hair shiny
- Comes in a tube and weighs 150 ml
- Silicone free conditioner
- Protein-rich formula
- Perfect for curly hair
- A little overpriced
Toni & Guy
Toni & Guy is a globally-renowned hair care brand that hails from London, England. The brand was founded in 1963 by Toni Mascolo and Guy Mascolo. It retails shampoos, conditioners, hair creams, mists, etc.
Prominent Features of the Toni & Guy Nourish Conditioner:
- This conditioner is made with a fibre-strengthening system that makes your hair strong and resilient
- Best for dull and damaged hair, this conditioner provides deep nourishment to prevent dullness and breakage
- Your hair will look soft and healthy with every use
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 250 ml
- Intense nourishment
- Best for dull and damaged hair
- Gives you a salon-like finish
- It might cause damage to your scalp
- Can induce split-ends
Forest Essentials taps into the wealth of Ayurveda to bring wonderful skin care and hair care products. The luxury ayurvedic brand was founded in 2000 by Mira Kulkarni and is headquartered in New Delhi.
Prominent Features of the Forest Essentials Hair Conditioner:
- This hair conditioner packs the goodness of rich and nutritive coconut milk, liquorice, bhringraj, and shikakai extracts
- It helps to intensely repair and make your hair more manageable
- It will also add some lustre to your hair and detangles dry and damaged hair
- Additionally, it is free from any parabens and chemicals
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 50 ml
- Ayurvedic preparation
- Eco-friendly packaging
- Mild formula
- It may take some time to see the results
Founded in 2016, Mamaearth is the brainchild of Varun and Ghazal Alagh. Mamaearth was launched as a mom-and-baby care brand but soon expanded to skincare, haircare, and personal care verticals. The company is headquartered in Gurgaon.
Prominent Features of the Mamearth Onion Conditioner:
- The Mamaearth Onion Hair Conditioner is powered by rich nutritive almond and coconut oils and onion extracts
- It keeps your hair soft and smooth while boosting blood circulation on the scalp and promoting hair growth
- Suitable for all hair types, this conditioner is free from silicones, parabens, and mineral oils and is a dermatologically tested product
- Almond and coconut oils help nourish your scalp
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 250 ml
- Reduces hair fall
- Safe for coloured and chemically treated hair
- Made Safe brand
- The thick formula might not spread easily
Wow Skin Science
Wow Skin Science is a leading skincare, haircare, and personal wellness brand making waves in India today. It was launched in 2014 by Manish Chowdhary and has seen a lot of success within a short span of time. The company is headquartered in Gurgaon and has a prominent online presence.
Prominent Features of the Wow Coconut & Avocado Oil Conditioner:
- Contains organic virgin coconut oil and avocado oil with wheat protein to address common hair problems
- It deep conditions your hair and adds natural volume and thickness to your mane
- The blend of natural oils ensures deep nourishment of your hair
- Comes in a bottle with a pump dispenser and weighs 300 ml
- Safe for colour-treated hair
- Has no sulphates or parabens
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- It might not work well for dry scalp and hair
Organix, or OGX, is a popular hair care brand that was founded in 1987 in Clearwater, Florida. The brand makes top-notch shampoos, conditioners, serums, oils, etc., loved by millions across the globe.
Prominent Features of the Organix Morocco Argan Oil Conditioner:
- The Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil conditioner is perfect for restoring moisture to your dry hair
- Its renewing formula penetrates deep into the hair to strengthen and soften your hair
- Aside from repairing your damaged hair, this conditioner adds a silky soft touch and feel to your hair
- Also protects the hair from heat styling tools and UV damage
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 385 ml
- Works well for all hair types
- Highly-nourishing formula
- Smells really good
No matter which hair type you have, a good conditioner is much needed to keep them healthy, strong, and luscious. In this article, we have listed some of the best conditioner brands in India on the basis of their ingredients, formula, and chemical content to help you make the right choice. While we really love the products from L’Oreal, Pantene, Tresemme, and Dove, let us know which one you loved the most!
Brands like Pantene, Dove, TRESemme, and L’Oreal have some of the best hair conditioners in India.
Himalaya’s Protein Conditioner, Forest Essentials’ Bhringraj Conditioner, and Khadi Natural’s Honey & Shikakai Conditioner are some of the best available in India.
No, your hair needs nourishment, and conditioners efficiently help you with that. However, excessively using conditioners can cause harm and even weigh your hair down.
Why Trust The Good Look Book Reviews?
We have a skilled team of researchers who try and study several products before creating these lists. For the conditioners blog, we tested factors such as formula, ingredients, chemical content, and side effects to make sure that you only get the best product suggestions here.