Facial hair is fairly common for both genders. While women often find it embarrassing to sport facial hair, it is one of their utmost priorities to get these brittle intruders removed. Even though their growth differs according to different body types and lifestyle habits, these little hairs can be difficult to manage for women, especially the upper lip hair.
So, if you’re quite paranoid about getting rid of upper lip hair, then check out the below-listed methods to remove upper lip hair in the best ways possible. Also, check how you can remove your pimple marks naturally & ways to reduce melanin naturally.
9 Best Methods For Upper Lip Hair Removal At Home
- Turmeric and Milk – Cleanses Skin and beautifies it
- Egg White – Soothes the skin along with removing upper lip hair
- Gram Flour/Flour – Loosens up the hair follicles for easy removal of hair
- Lemon and Sugar – Bleaches the hair and exfoliates the skin
- Honey And Lemon – Mild wax that helps to pull out the hair from the follicles
- Potato Juice – Acts as a hair-bleaching agent
- Oatmeal and Banana – Gives a soft and smooth skin
- Chickpea flour and turmeric paste – Controls unnatural hair growth and lightens the colour of the hair
- Chamomile, Sugar And Lemon Wax – Instantly removes the unwanted hair leaving the skin feeling soft and smooth.
Here you can also check how to Use V-Wash.
How To Get Rid Of Upper Lip Hair: Tips & Tricks
Turmeric And Milk
Turmeric is known to be one of the essential ingredients in many beauty products. Owing to their role as a cleanser and healer, turmeric and milk can do wonders if applied on the skin together. This home remedy also keeps your skin healthy, glowing and moisturized.
How To Apply Turmeric And Milk?
- Mix 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder well with 1 tablespoon of milk. Apply gently on your upper lip hair using your finger or an ice cream popsicle.
- Leave this mixture on for half an hour.
- Once hard, rub it gently and wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry.
- Repeat it after every two days.
A great home remedy for removing all those unwanted facial hairs, egg whites offer a soothing effect on your skin. While acting as a natural hair remover, it soothes the skin around the follicles, simultaneously forcing the hair out of its follicle.
How To Apply Egg White?
- Take 1 egg white and mix it with 1 teaspoon of cornflour and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Whisk the mixture till it turns into a sticky paste.
- Apply the paste on the upper lip area and let it dry for approx. 30 minutes.
- Once dry, peel it off.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this twice a week to see the best results.
An exfoliating agent, chickpea flour removes toxins by penetrating deep into the layers of the skin. A natural remedy that has whitening and skin-brightening properties, chickpea flour offers radiant skin free from any unwanted outgrowth.
How To Apply Gram Flour?
- Take 1 tablespoon of chickpea flour and mix it with some water and a pinch of turmeric.
- Apply the paste on your upper lip and let it dry.
- Once hard, scrub it off in the opposite direction of the facial hair growth.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process twice a week to notice the change.
Lemon And Sugar
Lemon is known to be a great bleaching agent. Aids in lightening the hair and the mixture of lemon and sugar also helps in exfoliating the skin and forcing the hair to leave its follicles.
How To Apply Lemon and Sugar?
- Squeeze 1 lemon in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of sugar to it.
- Stir well so that it forms a paste.
- Apply the paste all over the upper lip and let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
- Repeat this every alternate day to get better results.
Honey And Lemon
Honey acts as wax with a mild effect on the skin. Effective in pulling out hair from the follicles, this mixture also helps in bleaching the hair, which makes them light to notice.
How To Apply Honey And Lemon?
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with ½ tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Apply on the upper lip area.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Soak the washcloth in warm water. Squeeze out the excess water and use the cloth to wipe off the mixture gently.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times a week.
A great source of starch which acts as a bleaching agent, potato juice, when clubbed with lentils, honey and lemon juice, is quite effective in unclogging the pores and removing the hair easily.
How To Apply Potato Juice?
- Soak 2 tablespoons of yellow lentils in water overnight.
- Strain them in the morning and blend them with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of freshly extracted potato juice.
- Add honey and mix well.
- Apply this on the upper lip and let it dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Once dried, scrub the paste off in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
Oatmeal And Banana
A great source of antioxidants, oatmeal helps in reducing the redness on the skin and itching thereafter. A staple and good source of permanent upper lip hair removal, this mixture hydrates and moisturizes the skin, along with providing you with clear soft skin.
How To Apply Oatmeal and Banana?
- Mash ½ spoon of oatmeal and 1 ripe banana to make a thick consistent paste.
- Apply it evenly on the upper lip area using an ice cream popsicle.
- Let it dry.
- Once hard, rub against the direction of hair growth.
- Wash off with lukewarm water to get rid of unwanted hair.
- Repeat once every week.
Chickpea Flour And Turmeric Paste
Effective in removing unwanted facial hair, chickpea flour is a great exfoliating agent. Along with turmeric, which helps in lightening the colour of the hair and controlling unnatural hair growth, this chickpea flour is quite the best upper lip hair removal method.
How To Apply Chickpea Floor And Turmeric Paste?
- Take fresh turmeric root (approx. 2 inches) and grind it to make a paste.
- Take 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour and add some warm water to it to make a thick paste.
- Add the ground turmeric paste to the mixture and apply to the upper lip area.
- Scrub in slow circular motions after the pack is 60% dry.
- When fully dried, remove the remaining layer with a damp piece of cotton cloth.
- Use it every alternate day or 3 times a week to see faster results.
Chamomile, Sugar And Lemon Wax
If you need an immediate removal of unwanted upper lip hair, then try out this effective sugaring method. One of the best ways to remove upper lip hair naturally in one day, chamomile, sugar and lemon wax treatment is easy to make.
How To Apply Chamomile, Sugar And Lemon Wax?
- Take 4 chamomile tea bags and put them in a saucepan. Add water to the level that these tea bags are completely submerged. Do not use excess water.
- Boil for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Take a ¼ cup of this chamomile tea and put it back in a saucepan.
- Add 2 cups of sugar and ¼ cup of fresh lime juice over medium heat.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- If the consistency is quite flowy, reduce the mixture for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Use a popsicle stick to apply it over the upper lip area.
- Place a cotton waxing strip over it and hold for a few seconds.
- Pull in the opposite direction of hair growth.
Other than this, you can also try out the other permanent upper lip hair removal techniques like:
Laser Hair Removal Techniques
One of the best ways to remove the unwanted outgrowth of hair permanently is laser hair removal for the upper lip. In this method, the outgrowths are removed with the help of a laser-oriented hair-removal machine. While an upper lip hair removal machine is not available anywhere online, the upper lip laser hair removal costs nearly Rs. 2000 to Rs. 4000 per session.
Hair Removal Creams
You can also try out the various hair removal creams that are available for hair removal. While there are no permanent upper lip hair removal creams available in the market, the other creams that can help in removing unwanted hair instantly can be easily found online. Two of the best hair removal creams available are Veet Gel and Olay Smooth Finish.