Skip to Content
Are you going through skin discolouration? We know how difficult it gets when your skin becomes patchy and dry due to the formation of excess melanin. Though it might seem easy to go for laser treatments or chemical-based melanin reduction creams for faster results, the problem remains unresolved until your skin heals from within.
Melanin is a natural pigment and a primary determinant of skin and hair colour. This natural pigment is essential to fight your skin against UV rays. However, the excess formation of melanin causes the skin to darken, causing discolouration. If you are someone who has been googling how to reduce melanin from skin then you are at right page.
Here are some simple ways to reduce melanin from skin:
5 Simple Ways To Reduce Melanin From Skin: Tips & Tricks
1. Lemon Juice With Honey
Lemon is a citrus fruit that is rich in Vitamin C which helps in lightening the dark spots on our skin. Due to its high antioxidant properties, it helps to protect the skin from the harmful UV rays. It acts as a natural bleaching agent when mixed with honey to reduce discolouration.
How To Apply Lemon Juice With Honey?
- Squeeze a lemon in a bowl
- Mix it with 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mix well until it forms a paste
- Apply it every day for 5 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water
2. Turmeric & Curd
Turmeric is an easily available spice in Indian kitchens. It is a rich source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components that help reduce discolouration from your skin. The curd is full of good bacteria that adds a glow to your skin. Thus, a turmeric and curd paste is perfect to reduce melanin from the skin and make it glow.
How To Apply Turmeric & Curd?
- Take half tablespoon turmeric
- Mix it with 3 tablespoons of curd
- Add a few drops of rose water
- Mix it well until it forms a paste
- Apply it on your face until the paste dries
- Rinse with lukewarm water
3. Mashed Tomato With Rose Water
Tomato is also a citrus fruit that contains a compound called lycopene which is a powerful antioxidant. This antioxidant fights free radicals from our body and reduces open pores as well as blackheads. Regular application of tomatoes on your face can make your skin even toned and beautiful.
How To Apply Mashed Tomato With Rose Water?
- Simply cut a tomato in two halves
- Use a blender to mash the pieces
- Mix a few drops of rose water with mashed tomatoes
- Apply it on your skin daily for 10 minutes
- Rinse with lukewarm water
4. Potato Paste
Potato is another rich source of anti-oxidants. It also contains an enzyme named catecholase that reduces melanin from the skin naturally. This enzyme works wonders on your skin and reduces the excess levels of melanin.
How To Apply Potato Paste?
- Cut a potato in 4 halves
- Use a blender and mash the halves
- Blend it until it forms a thick paste
- You can also add a few drops of lemon juice
- Apply it on your skin for 15 minutes daily
- Wash it with cold water