Facial hair is one of the most troubling things to manage. Most women wreck their brains on how to remove facial hair. Facial hair removal is actually an easy process, just needs to be conducted with care. Threading facial hair can cause your face to look red and spotty, waxing facial hair can make your skin swollen and sore while facial hair bleaches are full of chemicals that harm your skin. Using a facial hair removal cream also does not suit those who have sensitive skin.
The best option is to try some home remedies to remove facial hair. These remedies will not tell you how to remove facial hair permanently because natural methods take time in showing effects and do not show results overnight.
Here are some ways of how to remove facial hair naturally.
Simple Ways To Remove Facial Hair: Tips and Tricks
These natural facial hair removal methods help you get rid of facial hair and do not have any harmful effects on the skin. In fact, using these regularly also helps slow down facial hair growth.
1. Sugar and Lemon Juice
For ages, sugar has been used to remove hair. It sticks to the hair and not the skin which keeps the skin safe and just removes the hair. Lemon is used to lighten the skin tone and bleach the remaining hair.
How To Apply Sugar And Lemon Juice?
- Take 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and enough water to make a granular paste.
- Mix these ingredients in a bowl and heat it.
- Allow it to cool a little and then apply it to the desired area.
- Make sure you apply the mixture in the direction of the hair growth.
- Let it dry.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water, rubbing in circular motion.
- Use this mixture three times a week.
2. Lemon and Honey
This method is similar to that of waxing. The good thing is that it uses natural ingredients and does not harm the skin in any way. Honey also hydrates the skin and make sit supple and soft.
How To Apply Lemon And Honey?
- Take 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of organic honey in a bowl.
- Mix them well and heat the mixture for about 3 minutes.
- If the mixture is not smooth enough, add a little water to it.
- Let it cool down.
- Apply cornstarch on the areas you wish to remove hair from.
- Apply the cooled mixture in the direction of hair growth.
- Using a waxing strip or a piece of cloth. Pull out the hair in the opposite direction.
- You can use this method to wax other body parts as well.
3. Oatmeal and Banana
Oatmeal contains avenanthramide class of antioxidants that reduce skin redness and itching. Hence, using an oatmeal-based scrub gives you soft, hydrated, and smooth skin in addition to a face free from unwanted hair.
How To Apply Oatmeal And Banana?
- Take 2 tablespoons of oatmeal and one ripe, mashed banana.
- Blend both the ingredients together.
- Apply the paste on desired areas.
- Massage the paste in a circular motion for about 15 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
4. Egg White and Corn-starch
Egg white sticks to the skin and makes a thin layer. It is easy to pull out hair after this layer has dried.
How To Apply Egg White And Corn Starch?
- Take an egg, break it and separate the yolk from the egg white.
- Add 1 teaspoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoon sugar to the egg white.
- Whisk it till it forms a smooth paste.
- Apply it on the areas that have unwanted hair.
- Keep it on for about 20-25 minutes, till it is completely dry.
- Once it’s dry, peel it off.
- This method is not suitable for acne-prone and sensitive skin.
5. Alum and Rose Water
Alum is a product that has been used traditionally to decrease hair growth. It has proved to be very effective in inhibiting the growth of hair. It can also be used as an after-wax product as it cools the skin as well.
How To Apply Alum And Rose Water?
- Take half a teaspoon of alum powder.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of rosewater to it and make a paste.
- Dip a cotton ball into the mixture.
- With the help of the cotton ball, apply the paste to the desired area.
- Allow it to dry and then follow up with another application of the mixture.
- Repeat this 5-6 times if you have normal skin and 3-4 times if you have sensitive skin.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Moisturize your skin after that.
6. Papaya and Turmeric
The papain enzyme present in raw papaya dilates the hair follicles, causing the hair to fall out. Papaya is also very good for the skin. It works as an exfoliator, removing the dead skin cells.
How To Apply Papaya And Turmeric?
- Peel raw papaya and cut it into pieces.
- Blend it and take 2 tablespoons of this paste.
- Add half a teaspoon turmeric powder to the paste and mix well.
- Apply this paste on the desired area.
- Massage for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash with cold water.
7. Indian Nettle and Turmeric
When combined with turmeric, Indian nettle penetrates the skin and thins the hair over time. It is very effective in the removal of hair.
How To Apply Indian Nettle And Turmeric?
- Take a handful of Indian Nettle leaves and wash them properly.
- Grind them to make a paste.
- Add half a teaspoon of turmeric powder to the paste.
- Apply this paste on the areas where you have unwanted hair.
- Let it stay for a couple of hours.
- Wash it off.
- You can apply it before going to bed and wash it off in the morning.
8. Wheat Bran and Gram Flour
Wheat and gram flour exfoliate the skin and make it soft. This paste sticks to the skin when it dries. When you rub the dried paste, the hair starts coming off with it.
How To Apply Wheat Bran And Gram Flour?
- Take 2 tablespoons wheat bran and 1 tablespoon gram flour in a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of fresh milk cream or curd and half a teaspoon of turmeric.
- Mix it well and make a paste.
- Apply the paste on your face and leave to dry for 20 minutes.
- Rub your face in gentle, circular strokes using wet fingers.
- Massage for about 5 minutes.
- Wash it off.
9. Apricot and Honey
Apricots are a great source of antioxidants. Honey not only replaces wax in hair removal but also hydrates the skin and keeps it soft.
How To Apply Apricot And Honey?
- Take 2 tablespoons of dried apricot powder.
- Add 1 tablespoon honey to the powder.
- Apply this on your face.
- Leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- Massage the mixture into your skin with your fingers using gentle, circular strokes for about 10 minutes.
- Wash it off. You can use lukewarm water for this.
10. Orange And Lemon Peel With Oatmeal
Orange and lemon help brighten the skin and oatmeal is a good exfoliator. This paste is very sticky and forms a film on the face when it dries. Once we start massaging it, the hair stuck to the dried paste comes off as well.
How To Apply Orange And Lemon Peel With Oatmeal?
- Take 1 tablespoon powdered orange peel, 1 teaspoon powdered lemon peel, 1 teaspoon oatmeal and 1 teaspoon powdered almond in a bowl.
- Mix all these ingredients well.
- Add rose water.
- Add olive oil and make a paste.
- Apply it on your face.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Massage it in gentle, circular strokes, against the direction of the hair growth.
- You can do this for about 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with chilled water.