Facial hair is one of the most troubling things to manage. Most women wreck their brains on how to remove facial hair. Facial hair removal is actually an easy process, just needs to be conducted with care. Threading facial hair can cause your face to look red and spotty, waxing facial hair can make your skin swollen and sore while facial hair bleaches are full of chemicals that harm your skin. Using a facial hair removal cream also does not suit those who have sensitive skin.
The best option is to try some home remedies to remove facial hair. These remedies will not tell you how to remove facial hair permanently because natural methods take time in showing effects and do not show results overnight.
Here are some ways of how to remove facial hair naturally.
25 Simple Ways To Remove Facial Hair: Tips and Tricks
These natural facial hair removal methods help you get rid of facial hair and do not have any harmful effects on the skin. In fact, using these regularly also helps slow down facial hair growth.
1. Sugar and Lemon Juice
For ages, sugar has been used to remove hair. It sticks to the hair and not the skin which keeps the skin safe and just removes the hair. Lemon is used to lighten the skin tone and bleach the remaining hair.
How To Apply Sugar And Lemon Juice?
- Take 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and enough water to make a granular paste.
- Mix these ingredients in a bowl and heat it.
- Allow it to cool a little and then apply it to the desired area.
- Make sure you apply the mixture in the direction of the hair growth.
- Let it dry.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water, rubbing in circular motion.
- Use this mixture three times a week.
2. Lemon and Honey
This method is similar to that of waxing. The good thing is that it uses natural ingredients and does not harm the skin in any way. Honey also hydrates the skin and make sit supple and soft.
How To Apply Lemon And Honey?
- Take 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of organic honey in a bowl.
- Mix them well and heat the mixture for about 3 minutes.
- If the mixture is not smooth enough, add a little water to it.
- Let it cool down.
- Apply cornstarch on the areas you wish to remove hair from.
- Apply the cooled mixture in the direction of hair growth.
- Using a waxing strip or a piece of cloth. Pull out the hair in the opposite direction.
- You can use this method to wax other body parts as well.
3. Oatmeal and Banana
Oatmeal contains avenanthramide class of antioxidants that reduce skin redness and itching. Hence, using an oatmeal-based scrub gives you soft, hydrated, and smooth skin in addition to a face free from unwanted hair.
How To Apply Oatmeal And Banana?
- Take 2 tablespoons of oatmeal and one ripe, mashed banana.
- Blend both the ingredients together.
- Apply the paste on desired areas.
- Massage the paste in a circular motion for about 15 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
4. Egg White and Corn-starch
Egg white sticks to the skin and makes a thin layer. It is easy to pull out hair after this layer has dried.
How To Apply Egg White And Corn Starch?
- Take an egg, break it and separate the yolk from the egg white.
- Add 1 teaspoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoon sugar to the egg white.
- Whisk it till it forms a smooth paste.
- Apply it on the areas that have unwanted hair.
- Keep it on for about 20-25 minutes, till it is completely dry.
- Once it’s dry, peel it off.
- This method is not suitable for acne-prone and sensitive skin.
5. Alum and Rose Water
Alum is a product that has been used traditionally to decrease hair growth. It has proved to be very effective in inhibiting the growth of hair. It can also be used as an after-wax product as it cools the skin as well.
How To Apply Alum And Rose Water?
- Take half a teaspoon of alum powder.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of rosewater to it and make a paste.
- Dip a cotton ball into the mixture.
- With the help of the cotton ball, apply the paste to the desired area.
- Allow it to dry and then follow up with another application of the mixture.
- Repeat this 5-6 times if you have normal skin and 3-4 times if you have sensitive skin.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Moisturize your skin after that.
6. Papaya and Turmeric
The papain enzyme present in raw papaya dilates the hair follicles, causing the hair to fall out. Papaya is also very good for the skin. It works as an exfoliator, removing the dead skin cells.
How To Apply Papaya And Turmeric?
- Peel raw papaya and cut it into pieces.
- Blend it and take 2 tablespoons of this paste.
- Add half a teaspoon turmeric powder to the paste and mix well.
- Apply this paste on the desired area.
- Massage for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash with cold water.
7. Indian Nettle and Turmeric
When combined with turmeric, Indian nettle penetrates the skin and thins the hair over time. It is very effective in the removal of hair.
How To Apply Indian Nettle And Turmeric?
- Take a handful of Indian Nettle leaves and wash them properly.
- Grind them to make a paste.
- Add half a teaspoon of turmeric powder to the paste.
- Apply this paste on the areas where you have unwanted hair.
- Let it stay for a couple of hours.
- Wash it off.
- You can apply it before going to bed and wash it off in the morning.
8. Wheat Bran and Gram Flour
Wheat and gram flour exfoliate the skin and make it soft. This paste sticks to the skin when it dries. When you rub the dried paste, the hair starts coming off with it.
How To Apply Wheat Bran And Gram Flour?
- Take 2 tablespoons wheat bran and 1 tablespoon gram flour in a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of fresh milk cream or curd and half a teaspoon of turmeric.
- Mix it well and make a paste.
- Apply the paste on your face and leave to dry for 20 minutes.
- Rub your face in gentle, circular strokes using wet fingers.
- Massage for about 5 minutes.
- Wash it off.
9. Apricot and Honey
Apricots are a great source of antioxidants. Honey not only replaces wax in hair removal but also hydrates the skin and keeps it soft.
How To Apply Apricot And Honey?
- Take 2 tablespoons of dried apricot powder.
- Add 1 tablespoon honey to the powder.
- Apply this on your face.
- Leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- Massage the mixture into your skin with your fingers using gentle, circular strokes for about 10 minutes.
- Wash it off. You can use lukewarm water for this.
10. Orange And Lemon Peel With Oatmeal
Orange and lemon help brighten the skin and oatmeal is a good exfoliator. This paste is very sticky and forms a film on the face when it dries. Once we start massaging it, the hair stuck to the dried paste comes off as well.
How To Apply Orange And Lemon Peel With Oatmeal?
- Take 1 tablespoon powdered orange peel, 1 teaspoon powdered lemon peel, 1 teaspoon oatmeal and 1 teaspoon powdered almond in a bowl.
- Mix all these ingredients well.
- Add rose water.
- Add olive oil and make a paste.
- Apply it on your face.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Massage it in gentle, circular strokes, against the direction of the hair growth.
- You can do this for about 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with chilled water.
11. Fenugreek & Green Gram
Fenugreek and green gram have been used together traditionally as a remedy to remove unwanted hair. It does not only remove unwanted hair but also make your skin beautiful and glowing.
How To Apply Fenugreek & Green Gram?
- Grind fenugreek seeds with 2 teaspoons green gram.
- Add a little rosewater rose water and water to make a thick paste.
- Take a cotton ball and apply the paste on the specific areas.
- Allow the paste to dry for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and moisturize the areas.
12. Lavender & Tea Tree Oil
Lavender and tea tree oil are the most essential remedies to remove unwanted hair from your body. These essential oils also help in soothing razor burns and killing bacteria from your hair follicles.
How To Apply Lavender & Tea Tree Oil?
- Mix both of the essential oils together.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture on the unwanted hair areas.
- Repeat the same procedure for three months for effective results.
13. Onion & Basil
Onion and basil are two ingredients that are quite common in a kitchen. These two things together work to gently remove the unwanted hair from your skin. The thin transparent membranes of onion must be taken and applied to the unwanted hair areas.
How To Use Onion & Basil?
- Cut two onion halves and take out the onion membranes
- Crush the basil and onion membranes together
- Mix them and grind them together
- Apply the paste to the unwanted hair areas
- Leave it on your skin for about 20 minutes.
- Wash it from your skin with cold water.
- Repeat it three to four times a week.
14. Barley & Milk
Barley has proven to be one of the best remedies to remove facial hair. Barley and milk work together to remove facial hair and also make your skin gentle after its application.
How To Apply Barley & Milk?
- Grind barley into powder-like form.
- Add a few drops of lemon and milk to the barley powder.
- Make a thick paste and apply it to your unwanted hair areas.
- Leave it on your skin for 30 minutes.
- Rub the mixture off your skin.
- Follow it 3-4 times a week to see amazing results.
15. Sugar and Molasses
The gooey sticky mixture of molasses and sugar works wonders in the removal of unwanted hair. It sticks on your skin and can be pulled off after a while. It leaves your skin soft and makes it tan-free as well.
How To Apply Sugar and Molasses?
- Mix sugar, molasses, and drop of lemon in a bowl.
- Heat the mixture and cool it down for a few minutes.
- Apply it in the direction of hair growth.
- Put a cloth or wax strip and pull it off.
- It is an instant method of hair removal.
Garlic is a proven herb that has effectively helped in removing unwanted facial hair. This method has been used by many women for safe removal of unwanted hair. People who are allergic to garlic must avoid using this home remedy though.
How To Apply Garlic?
- Take 1 teaspoon of garlic juice in a bowl.
- Apply the garlic juice to your unwanted hair areas.
- Leave it on your skin for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- You can continue this practice once every day to see effective results.
17. Sapindus Mukorossi (Reetha)
Reetha is an age-old remedy primarily used for washing hair. Little did anyone know that it can also be used for removing hair permanently.
How to Apply Reetha?
- Soak Reetha seeds overnight in water.
- Rub them together until it becomes a little foamy.
- Apply the same foam to unwanted hair on your skin.
- Leave it for 30-40 minutes and rinse with water.
- Keep applying the same every alternate day until the unwanted hairs get extracted
18. Gelatin & Milk
Gelatin and milk work together to form a gooey and sticky paste. This home remedy gives an instant result. It also leaves your skin gentle and beautiful after application.
How To Apply Gelatin & Milk?
- Mix gelatin, milk and a drop of essential oil to the mixture.
- Heat the mixture on a low flame. Make sure the mixture isn’t so hot.
- Apply it immediately on the affected areas and leave it until it dries.
- Peel off the gelatin and milk mask.
- This mixture can be applied whenever you want instant results.
19. Potato & Lentils
The mixture of dried lentils and potato is a wonderful hair removal home remedy. Dried lentils make it quite easy for unwanted hair to be pulled off easily. While potatoes have natural bleaching properties that make the hair less visible as well.
How to Apply Potato & Lentils?
- Soak lentils in water overnight.
- Remove the water and grind the lentils in the food processor.
- Now, add some potato juice to the mixture.
- Add some honey and lemon juice to the mixture.
- Apply the paste to the affected areas and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
- Repeat the same for 1-2 times a week for better results.
20. Green Gram & Rose Water
Green gram is a great exfoliator and is traditionally used to remove unwanted hair from your skin. Green gram, when used with rose water, helps in removing hair and makes skin soft and supple.
How to Apply Green Gram & Rose Water?
- Add 2 tablespoons of gram flour with 1-2 tablespoons of rose water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the mixture and make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste to the affected areas and leave it for 25 minutes.
- Rub the mask gently on your skin.
- Repeat this for 3-4 weeks for better results.
21. Papaya & Aloe Vera
Papaya contains an enzyme named ‘papain’. Papain dilates the hair follicles that make them weak enough to be extracted. It also works as an efficient exfoliator for removing the dead skin cells making it glow.
How To Apply Papaya & Aloe Vera?
- Mix papaya pulp, Aloe Vera gel, gram flour, turmeric powder, mustard oil and a drop of essential oil.
- Apply this thick paste on the unwanted hair areas.
- Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rub it with a fresh cloth in the opposite direction of the hair.
- Wash it off with water and massage your skin with a moisturizer.
- Use this home remedy 3 to 4 times a week for three months for positive results.
22. Camphor and White Pepper
Camphor is one of the strongest home remedies for hair removal. It may cause a burning sensation on sensitive skin; hence it must be avoided by people who have a sensitive skin type. This mixture must only be used for hair removal on legs.
How to Use Camphor & White Pepper?
- Add 2 tablespoons of camphor and white pepper in a bowl.
- Add a few drops of almond oil and mix well.
- After making a thick paste, apply it over your legs.
- Leave the mixture for 15 minutes. If you feel any burning sensation, then rinse the mixture from your legs.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Repeat the same for 2-3 times a week for better results.
23. Chickpea Flour & Turmeric
Chickpea flour and turmeric mixture is an age-old remedy that has been used by Indian mothers to keep their baby’s skin soft and supple. This mixture also enables to remove unwanted hair from the body on a regular application.
How To Apply Chickpea Flour & Turmeric?
- Add two tablespoons chickpea flour and one teaspoon turmeric in a bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon fresh cream and 1/2 cup milk to the mixture.
- Mix well to form a thick paste.
- Apply the mixture on the unwanted hair areas and massage gently.
- Leave it for 20-25 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this home remedy every alternate day for better results.
24. Sugar Molasses & Corn Syrup
Sugar molasses and corn syrup work wonder when you wish to remove unwanted hair from your skin. Sugar molasses has a high level of magnesium that balances out the hormonal level.
How to Apply Sugar Molasses & Corn Syrup?
- Take one cup of sugar and add water to it.
- Heat it and add dark corn syrup to the mixture.
- Add a few drops of lemon and mix well.
- Let it cool for some time.
- Apply the mixture in the direction of the growth of your hair.
- Put a cloth on it and pull it off.
- Your unwanted hair will get instantly
25. Thanaka Powder & Safflower (Kusuma)
Thanaka powder is an Ayurvedic remedy which is traditionally used to remove body hair. Both safflower and Thanaka powder work well towards removing unwanted hair from the skin.
How To Apply Thanaka Powder & Safflower?
- Add ½ tablespoon Thanaka powder and Safflower oil in a bowl.
- Add a pinch of turmeric to it and mix well.
- Apply it to the affected area.
- Massage gently and leave it overnight.
- Wash it in the morning with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the same activity 3-4 times a week.