Bright complexion is a sign of healthy skin. All of us cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize our skin while taking care of it but sometimes, it just isn’t enough. We need a quick fix to brighten our skin tone. That dreamy skin complexion is achievable with only a healthy lifestyle and a few tricks up our sleeves. Let’s get you one step closer to transforming your dull face skin into a glowing one.
10 Easy Ways To Improve Complexion
Skin-friendly and long-lasting, here are 10 surprisingly easy ways you can improve your skin complexion. Follow them religiously for instantly flawless skin tone and texture.
Hack 1: Apply Ice
Working on reducing inflammation, open pores and wrinkles, applying ice on your skin is one of the easiest ways to achieve a smooth skin texture. It leaves your skin looking fair and even and also minimizes the puffiness on your face. Also do check our latest blog on best natural ways to get a glowing face.
How To Apply Ice?
- Wrap a cube of ice in a washcloth
- Massage it on your face for 15 minutes
- Pat dry the wetness
Hack 2: Apply Tea Bags
Tea bags help in the reduction of dark circles and acne. These bags can heal your skin’s dark spots leaving an improved skin tone.
How To Apply Tea Bags?
- Let the tea bags rest in the fridge until cold
- Make them sit over your eyes or any other dark spot for about 10 minutes
- Pat dry thereafter
We have also created a full step by step guide on how use concealer for a flawless look. Do check.
Hack 3: Use Shea Butter
Natural in its true sense, Shea butter can act as a moisturizer to tone down redness and inflammation. It is free from any harmful synthetic chemicals, giving your skin a soothing and glowing effect.
How To Apply Shea Butter?
- Take pea-sized shea butter in your hands
- Dab it over your face while avoiding oily and sensitive areas
- Massage it for better absorption
Hack 4: Apply Coffee And Honey Scrub
Exfoliate your skin gently with a coffee and honey scrub. Coffee gives you anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. Honey moisturizes your skin for better complexion. This scrub can brighten your skin, unclog pores and also soften lines.
How To Apply Coffee And Honey Scrub?
- Make a paste using 1 tablespoon of coffee powder and 2 tablespoons of honey
- Whisk well and apply the paste on your skin
- Let it sit there for about 30 minutes
- Rinse with plain water
Hack 5: Apply Banana Face Mask
Treat acne and pimples with a banana mask that contains antioxidants to nourish your skin and destroy bacteria. Applying a mashed banana can rejuvenate your skin for a flawless and fair finish.
How To Apply Banana Face Pack?
- Mix a ripe banana, 1 teaspoon of honey and 2 teaspoons of lemon in a bowl
- Whisk them together to create a mashed banana paste
- Apply this paste on your skin and let it sit there for 15 minutes
- Wash it off using cold water
Hack 6: Apply Yogurt Mask
Yogurt mask works as the best anti-aging formula. The lactic acid in yogurt not just dissolves dead cells but also tightens and lightens your skin. It helps maintain the skin’s pH balance for a brighter effect.
How To Apply Yogurt Mask?
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil or honey into 3-4 tablespoons of yogurt
- Mix them well and apply on your face for about 20-30 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
Hack 7: Coconut Oil Cleansing
Promoting the rejuvenation of your skin, virgin coconut oil works overtime to polish your skin’s texture. It acts as a great moisturizer with its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties for a brighter look. However, we recommend to not use it too much in case you have very oily skin.
How To Apply Coconut Oil?
- Take a quarter-sized drop of virgin coconut oil in your hands
- Massage it on your face in circular motion for a few minutes
- Damp a washcloth in hot water and press it against your face to wipe the oil off
Hack 8: Use Tomatoes
Tomato pulp can drastically improve your blemishes and suntan. The astringent content of tomatoes can cleanse your pores and tighten them. The antioxidants present can work on the dark spots for youthful and bright skin.
How To Apply Tomato Pulp?
- Mash a tomato to gather its pulp
- Apply the pulp over your face and let it stay until dry
- Rinse with cold water
Hack 9: Use Milk And Rosewater
Milk is enriched with whitening, moisturizing and healing properties. Rosewater, on the other hand, is an agent of astringent that can tone your skin, clear pores and remove all impurities. Combine the two together and it’s bound to dazzle up your skin.
Did you find apply foundation a difficult task then have read our blog where we have covered how you can apply foundation perfectly. Do check it out and let us know if it was helpful for you.
How To Apply Milk And Rosewater?
- Put some raw milk mixed with rosewater in a bowl
- Soak a cotton pad in the mixture
- Dab the cotton pad over your skin
- Let it stay overnight
- Cleanse your face with cold water the next morning
Hack 10: Use Turmeric And Lemon
Lemon imparts skin bleaching properties that can lighten your skin effortlessly. Turmeric, on the other hand, can improve your skin’s texture with its antibacterial and antiseptic features.
How To Apply Turmeric And Lemon?
- Combine 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Soak a cotton pad in the mixture
- Dab the cotton pad over your skin to create a thin layer
- Let it stay for 20 minutes
- Cleanse your face with cold water thereafter
More Tips and Tricks To Improve Complexion:
- Wash your face at least 2 times daily
- Use a gentle and soft face wash
- Try not to touch your face too often
- Do not pop any pimples or they could leave marks
- Use a face toner and moisturizer daily
- Lessen the application of makeup
- Always wear sunscreen before you head out of the house
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water in a day
- Do not compromise on your 8 hours sleep
- Eat healthy food including fruits and green vegetables
- Exercise for 30 minutes daily
- Quit smoking
- Avoid excess intake of alcohol