Rose Water is a powerful essence used to get healthy and glowing skin. As a versatile potion, rose water is also used in the kitchen to add fragrance to certain foods. It is also used as a skin tonic, perfume, and mist. The powerful aroma of roses has plenty of antioxidizing properties that help strengthen the skin cells and revive the mood completely.
If you are doubtful about the authenticity of rose water available in the market, then choose to prepare it at home in no time. Read below to know how to make rose water at home.
Major Benefits Of Rose Water
- Controls excess oil secretion
- Cures acne
- Reduces skin redness
- Revitalizes hair growth
- Strengthens skin cells
- Cures sun-burns
- Slows aging
- Maintains pH balance of your skin
- Treats digestion problems
- Prevents infections
- Improves sleep
DIY Rose Water Preparation Methods
From herbal teas to face packs, rose water is extensively used for various purposes. Here are the two best ways to make rose water at home.
- Take about 7-8 roses and remove all the petals.
- Wash the rose petals to remove the dirt off them.
- Fill about 1.5 litres of distilled water in a pot and dissolve the petals in it.
- Allow the water to simmer until the petals lose their color. Cover the pot with a lid.
- Once the water cools down, strain the mixture to separate the petals from the water.
- Store the water in a container. Refrigerate it for about one week before you start using.
Moreover facing issues with dry skin. Do check our latest blog where we have mentioned some of the best home remedies for dry skin in India that you must try.
- Take a brick or a stone and keep it in the middle of a pot.
- Place a glass bowl on top of the stone or brick.
- Put the rose petals around the brick. Don’t let any petal fall into the bowl.
- Pour distilled water over the rose petals. The water must be above the top of the brick.
- Invert the lid of the pot and add ice on top of it. This will allow the steam to collect on the lid surface.
- Once the required water has dripped down completely, boil it and let it simmer for some time.
- Store this freshly prepared rose water in the refrigerator.
How To Apply Rose Water?
For the Eyes:
3. Place the cotton gently over your eyelids.
For The Skin:
1. Add a few drops of rose water in your moisturizer.
For Makeup Removal:
1. Prepare a mixture of rose water and coconut or almond oil.
In addition to this do have a look at our latest blog where we have covered some of the top home remedies for oily skin. Do have a look and let us know if you find it helpful.