Celebrity gaffes or political humour, as many would call them are quite popular amongst the masses. These sometimes unintentional statements are quickly lapped up the moment they are served in the form of statements, quotes or even tweets. Laugh your heart out or smirk it off with these zingers by famous personalities.
1.“Will Someone from Kim Jong-un’s regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works !”
The above rhetoric was by Trump toward Kim Jong-un, warning the North Korean Premier on the consequences of an attack on the United States.
2.”He was a great cheerleader for the country. But not great on the trade.”
This is yet another outrageous line from President Trump on Ronald Reagan in his Pennsylvania speech.
3. If a person selling pakoras earns Rs 200 at the end of the day, will it be considered employment or not”
Narendra Modi’s idiosyncrasy on the employment standards in India.
4. “Cows Exhale Oxygen!”
This bizarre and hilarious claim was made by Uttarakhand Animal Husbandry Minister Rekha Arya when the Uttarakhand Assembly was in session.
5. “Indian prisons are pretty decent as far as Mr Mallya is concerned. Justice should be same for Indian people. Just because he is Vijay Mallya who defrauded banks to the tune of Rs 9,000 crore and ran away and he needs a “difficult jail” is not acceptable “
Rahul Gandhi’s atrocious views on Vijay Mallya during his 4-day visit to the United Kingdom and Germany in August, 2018.
6. “The spirit of much of what has been the #MeToo movement is to divide men and women.”
– Sean Penn, (Hollywood actor & Filmmaker) on the #MeToo movement
7. “My big plan is to keep breathing.”
William Shatner, the famous Canadian actor and filmmaker on how he planned to celebrate his 87th birthday.
8. “If only beard dandruff was a turn-on”
Jim Gaffigan, American stand-up comedian & actor tweeting the above line while probably having big dreams about beard dandruff.
9. “My online shopping style:
Put everything I like in the cart.
Edit until I’m down to one item.
Decide it’s not even worth typing out my credit card info.
Watch free porn”
Anna Kendrick, the American actress and singer’s hilarious take on online shopping
10. “Having matching donor organs in case anything happens to me is a true blessing”.
Ryan Reynolds, the Canadian-American actor’s funny quote on Father’s Day.
11.“Halloween is the best day to escape prison because everyone will think it’s just your outfit”.
Trevor Noah, South African comedian’s hilarious life hack on Halloween
12. “I hope she wins [more awards], because people get us confused and I get all the perks. Seriously, they’re like ‘Here’s a gift certificate for Regina King, for $5,000 for Barneys’ and I’m just like, ‘I’m her!’ They’re like, ‘We love you Ms. King!’ I’m like, ‘Thank you.’ “
Regina Hall on often being mistaken for Regina King, during a speech t the New York Film Critics Circle Awards.
13. “Civil and not mechanical engineers should apply for Civil Services”.
The eligibility criteria for Civil Services literally went for a toss with this statement by Biplab Deb, Chief Minister of Tripura.
14. “My new book, THE PARADOXICAL PRIME MINISTER, is more than just a 400-page exercise in floccinaucinihilipilification. Pre-order it to find out why! “
Shashi Tharoor’s tweet using a 29-letter word ‘floccinaucinihilipilification’ kept the netizens entertained with social media being flooded with memes around Tharoor’s too-impeccable English vocabulary skills😊
15. “Now all our service workshops won’t need any hydraulic lifts anymore to do Bolero check-ups!”
Mahindra Group chairperson Anand Mahindra replied to a tweet that tagged him in a Telegu movie video clip which showed the star of the movie lifting a Mahindra Bolero SUV.
16. “Don’t know much about birds but easy to identify the husband in this picture.”
Virender Sehwag kept his audiences entertained during an important India- Pakistan match with his hilarious take on marriage by tweeting a picture of two birds in which just one bird was chirping.
17. “Can’t decide between a midnight blue minivan with all wheel drive and foldable rear seats or a coffin.”
Here, Ryan Reynolds used a coffin as a metaphor for a blue minivan ! Now, this sounds quite amusing. Doesn’t it?