The tattoo industry is currently at its very high and most of us millennials are obsessing over this tattoo trend. Tattoos have the ability to power up our personalities. While some of us plan this procedure in detail, some of us take a hasty decision. Tattoos that are created in a spur of a moment can turn out to be a bad decision later in the days.
Technology driver treatments like laser, chemical peels and plastic surgeries can instantly erase the tattoos that are no longer appealing to you. These methods of tattoo removal cost an exorbitant amount and are the most effective. But if you don’t want to dig deep into your pockets then you can rely on DIY methods that can lighten your tattoo over a period of time.
How To Remove Tattoo Safely? Tips and Tricks
If you’re a part of this bunch, then we have a list of ways in which you can get rid of your unwanted tattoo. Let’s get you stocked up with details about permanent laser solution and some DIY remedies of tattoo removal at home.
Laser tattoo removal is the most common and effective way to shed off unwanted tattoos. This method breaks down the pigments of your tattoo and disposes them off from your body. It is considered a painful treatment but the use of anesthesia can make the process smooth and painless.
Depending on the size and color of the tattoo, your dermatologist will sum up the number of sittings you require for complete removal of ink from your skin. Each sitting lasts for approximately 20 minutes. Smaller and older tattoos are easier to take off while complex tattoos on areas like your chest might take longer. Laser tattoo removal cost can come up to Rs.8000 for one sitting.
Also, do check out our latest guide on how you can o get rid of open pores. Do check and let us know if you find it helpful.
Hack 1: Use Homemade Tattoo Removal Cream
Using permanent tattoo removal creams that are commercially available can harm your skin. We suggest making one at home using natural products. This can help lighten your inked skin overtime without any side effects.
You know that you can do pedicure at home and it’s not that expensive. Do read.
How To Make And Apply Homemade Tattoo Removal Cream?
- Mix together 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel, 1 tablespoon of gel extracted from Paederia Tomentosa leaves and 2 capsules of Vitamin E
- Whisk or grind the ingredients together for a fine cream-like consistency
- Spread it on your skin and let it stay for 10 minutes until soaked
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water thereafter
Hack 2: Use Salt Scrub
Use salt as a scrub to exfoliate your skin’s inked layers. This process needs to be repeated several times until you start to notice the tattoo fade.
How To Apply Salt Scrub?
- Take some salt in a bowl and add a few drops of water or lemon juice to it
- Whisk the mixture together and apply on affected areas
- Scrub it on your skin for a few minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water thereafter
Hack 3: Use Lemon Juice
Being a natural bleaching agent, lemon acts as a detergent that can wipe off unwanted tattoos. If your tattoo is small and light in color, lemon will be the most effective solution to get rid of it.
How To Apply Lemon Juice?
- Squeeze a lemon’s juice in a small bowl
- Soak a cotton pad into the liquid
- Apply it on your tattoo and let it stay until dry
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water thereafter
Hack 4: Use Honey
Honey is a natural ingredient that can fade away the tinted layers of your skin while keeping it moisturized.
How To Apply Honey?
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of honey, Aloe Vera juice, yogurt and salt
- Whisk them together to form a paste
- Gently rub on affected areas and let it stay for half an hour
- Wash it off with mildly warm water
Hack 5: Use Sand Powder
Sand powder is household medicare that can help detach the skin cells from the inked surface resulting in the removal of tattoo marks.
How To Apply Sand Powder?
- Mix 2-3 tablespoons of sand powder with Aloe Vera gel to form a paste
- Apply it on the tattoo and let it stay until completely dry
- Rinse it off with plain water thereafter
Hack 6: Use Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a house to treat multiple skin problems. It not just helps fade away the inked marks but can also act as a cooling agent to keep your skin fresh and nourished.
How To Apply Aloe Vera?
- Scoop our some fresh Aloe Vera gel
- Mix it with yogurt and massage on your tattoo for a few minutes
- Rise it off with plain water thereafter
Further Tips On How To Remove Tattoo From Skin
- Consult a dermatologist before going for laser tattoo removal
- You will have to follow the natural methods multiple times to achieve even the slightest of results
- Always apply a moisturizer after undertaking any remedy
In addition to this if you are facing tanning problem then here are some of the best natural ways to remove tan. Do check and let us know if it was helpful to you.