Skip to Content
Your feet deserve to be loved and cared for in the most special way. And why not? Meeting errands is possible only because our feet support us all through the day. Once you finally find time for yourself, you must relieve the stress that builds up in your feet, pamper them and let them experience a heavenly pedicure massage.
Keeping your feet well-groomed is as important as being well-dressed. Regular home remedies for a pedicure and natural pedicure foot massages stimulate your nerve endings and enhance the blood circulation. This, in turn, helps in nourishing the skin, allowing your feet to be healthy and happy.
So, if you are on a lookout for a step-by-step pedicure at home procedure, then we are here with a comprehensive yet the best one to make you and your feet happy while remaining in the comfort of your home.
How To Do Pedicure At Home: Tips & Tricks
1. Soak Your Feet
To begin with, you will need to clean your nails using acetone. Take the help of a cotton ball to remove the pre-existing nail paint. Cut the nails according to the desired shape and length.
How To Soak Feet?
- Soak your feet in a basin, pedicure tub or pedicure machine filled with warm water.
- Add a few drops of shampoo, body wash or hand soap to the water.
- To help your feet relax and provide them pedicure benefits, add a few crystals of rock salt to the water.
- Keep your feet soaked for about 10 minutes.
2. Scrub Your Feet
This is one of the most important steps for removing the rough, dry and dead skin off your feet. Exfoliation helps to bring a fresher and healthier skin to the forefront. Here is how you should scrub your feet.
How To Scrub Feet?
- Using a two-sided foot file or a pumice pedicure stone, scrub your feet gently. You must be firm while scrubbing the heels, soles, and the sides of your feet.
- Apply cuticle cream under your toenails to smoothen the dead skin. After 5 minutes, push your cuticles with the help of a two-sided cuticle pusher (pedicure tool).
- Use a cuticle remover cream to remove the cuticles. This will help in the healthy growth of your nails.
- Dry your feet using a towel.
3. Moisturize Your Feet
Once your feet are dry, you can provide them with a gentle massage using a heavy moisturizer or pedicure cream. This will allow your feet to feel nourished and refreshed at the same time.
How To Moisturize Feet?
- Use sesame and sandalwood oil or a mixture of almond oil and olive oil to massage your feet.
- Do this process for about 10 minutes and let your skin absorb the salve.
4. Shape And Polish Your Nails
Let your nails look gorgeous. Design them the regular or the French way. As you paint them with the most beautiful colour, you are certain to fall in love with the look of your feet.
How To Shape And Polish Nails?
- Use your favourite shade to paint your nails.
- Apply one or two coats of the colour.
- Leave your nails to dry for about 10 minutes.