Achieving straight, frizz-free, and smooth hair is a dream for many. While there are many methods by which you can get straight hair, Keratin Treatment tops all the charts.
There are many Keratin treatment products in the online market, and finding the most effective one can be difficult, with all of them claiming to be the best. To save your time and effort, we have compiled a list of the best Keratin treatment products you can get your hands on.
What is Keratin Hair Treatment?
On this page:
- What is Keratin Hair Treatment?
- How To Choose the Best Keratin Hair Treatment?
- List of Top 10 Keratin Treatment Products in India
- 1. OGX Brazilian Keratin Therapy Spray
- 2. Keratin Research Brazilian Keratin Hair Treatment
- 3. L’ANZA Keratin Healing Oil Treatment
- 4. Peter Coppola Smoothing Treatment
- 5. Lasio Keratin-Infused Treatment One Day Formula
- 6. TRESemme Keratin Smooth With Argan Oil Shampoo
- 7. Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Million Gloss Shampoo
- 8. Wella Spa Luxe Oil Keratin Protect Shampoo
- 9. Giovanni 2Chic Brazilian Keratin And Argan Oil Shampoo
- 10. Khadi Global Keratin Power and Bhringraj Herbal Hair Shampoo
- Final Word
- Why Trust The Good Look Book Reviews?
Keratin treatment is an effective and instant way to straighten, smoothen, and silkiness to your hair. Keratin is a protein that is naturally present in our hair. However, exposure to the sun, pollution, and chemicals can lead to extensive damage, which is where a keratin treatment is beneficial. It is the process of artificially adding keratin to porous hair to rebuild and nourish them.
Frequently getting any treatment can cause damage in the longer run. Hence, a careful selection of hair products is mandatory after a Keratin treatment. Even though some Keratin treatment products cost a bit on the higher side, it keeps the effect for longer and poses as little damage as possible.
How To Choose the Best Keratin Hair Treatment?
As much as we love smooth and frizz-free tresses, it can be a little tricky to choose the most suitable keratin treatment for your hair. In India, you can get good quality keratin treatments ranging from Rs 800 to Rs 6,999. If you’re buying it for the first time, here are some factors that you must consider beforehand.
Knowing your hair type is the first step to getting the desired results for your hair. If you have dry or dull hair, choose an intensely nourishing formula. While people with color-treated or chemically-exposed hair can go for repairing and rejuvenating treatments.
A good quality keratin treatment will contain hydrating ingredients such as cocoa butter, avocado oil, almond oil, aloe vera, argan oil, coconut oil, etc. Try to avoid harmful chemicals such as parabens, silicones, and sulfates to maintain the integrity of your hair.
List of Top 10 Keratin Treatment Products in India
1. OGX Brazilian Keratin Therapy Spray
OGX is a leading haircare brand that manufactures shampoos, conditioners, and keratin treatment products. It was founded in 1971 and is based out of Clearwater, Florida.
Prominent Features of the OGX Brazillian Keratin Therapy Spray:
- It is a great keratin treatment product for hair, as it protects against heat damage
- Infused with a combination of Brazilian coconut oil and hydrolyzed keratin protein, it seals and protects the hair
- This keratin product protects hair from any damage caused by curling or flat irons and other styling tools, making it one of the best keratin treatment sprays in India
- Smells amazing
- Doesn’t cause stickiness
- Keeps hair detangled and frizz-free
- May cause dryness in hair when reapplied
Why We Picked the OGX Brazillian Keratin Therapy Spray?
This magical formula by OGX will surely calm down the frizz and make your hair look sleek and well-done all the time. It is infused with coconut oil, keratin proteins, avocado oil, and cocoa butter that deeply nourish your hair. Moreover, it smells like a dream and makes you feel rejuvenated with every use. you may also like to know about different types of Night cream brands available in India.
2. Keratin Research Brazilian Keratin Hair Treatment
Keratin Research is another US-based hair care and treatment manufacturer that is loved by millions across the board. The brand makes hair straightening, softening, and smoothening products that are easily available on Amazon for you.
Prominent Features of the Keratin Research Brazillian Keratin Hair Treatment:
- This is the best keratin cream for hair straightening
- It saves you from the countless hours and damage of blow dryers and hair straighteners
- Advanced yet fast and simple to use, this keratin treatment product instantly straightens, smoothens, repairs, conditions, and strengthens the hair
- Has an intense conditioning remedy that restores vitality by repairing the hair from the inside out
- Efficiently reduces frizz
- Highly moisturising
- Long-lasting results
- May cause split ends
Why We Picked the Keratin Research Brazillian Keratin Hair Treatment?
This Keratin Research straightening Treatment is designed to straighten hair, remove frizz, and add shine, silkiness and softness to your hair. The results are instant! Nothing else to do! The Keratin Research Original Formula Treatment will last for over 3 months and in some cases as long as 9 months. This Keratin treatment product is suitable for virgin, coloured, and previously chemically-treated hair.
3. L’ANZA Keratin Healing Oil Treatment
L’ANZA is an American hair care company that retails clean and sustainable products across the globe. It was founded in 2002 and has its head office in Santa Monica, California.
Prominent Features of the L’ANZA Keratin Healing Oil Hair Treatment:
- It provides a radiant shine to hair and leaves it even softer and smoother
- A keratin treatment product that not just repairs but heals the scalp
- Delivers maximum shine that lasts for a long time
- Ideal for all hair types, this healing oil comes in a pump press dispenser
- Taking a pea-sized amount of this solution is more than enough
- A little product goes a long way
- Has an amazing fragrance
- Keeps frizz away
- It may not be easily available in India
Why We Picked the L’ANZA Keratin Healing Oil Hair Treatment?
One of the best keratin treatments on the market, this L’ANZA Healing Oil can completely change the way your hair looks and feel. It can repair dull and damaged hair, leaving them smooth and frizz-free. The product comes with a pump dispenser so you can easily control the amount you need and prevent wastage. You might want to check out this article, on the best aloe vera gel brands in case you want to buy one.
4. Peter Coppola Smoothing Treatment
Peter Coppola is one of the most loved hair healing and treatment brands in the world. It makes top-notch keratin treatments for dull, damaged, and colored hair.
Prominent Features of the Peter Coppola Keratin Smoothing Treatment:
- It is a formaldehyde-free formula that is excellent at taming and smoothening unruly, thick, coarse or unmanageable hair
- This keratin treatment product provides an advanced healing formula for dry, frizzy and damaged hair
- Has a low-pH mechanism to provide health and shine to your hair
- It comes with an amazing keratin treatment kit consisting of a smoothening treatment, clarifying shampoo, blow-out spray, tint brush, wide-toothed comb, and a bowl
Why We Picked the Peter Coppola Keratin Smoothing Treatment?
This keratin treatment comes in a set of five products, including a smoothening treatment, shampoo, blow out spray, brush-bowl set, and a tail comb to ensure that you can take care of your hair without any hassle. It will help soften your hair and add a natural sheen that you will absolutely love!
5. Lasio Keratin-Infused Treatment One Day Formula
Lasio is a New York-based hair care brand that was founded by Nadine Ramos. The brand focuses on making hair care solutions for modern women and quite a market in the US.
Prominent Features of the Lasio Keratin Treatment Product:
- It is one of the most amazing hair straightening and hair health solutions
- It is one such product that provides a one-day formula and gives soft and smooth hair
- Giving a silky-smooth finish to your hair for up to 4 months, the formula not just makes your natural locks shine but also alters the broken hair into manageable hair strands
- Reduces frizz
- Adds luster and moisture to hair
- Visible results within the first few uses
- May not work on super curly hair
Why We Picked the Lasio Keratin Treatment Product?
This product by Lasio is one of the best products to tame curly and wavy hair. It coats your hair in proteins that effectively nourish each strand and therefore, reduce frizziness. If you’re looking for an at-home treatment that actually works, this could be your go-to option!
6. TRESemme Keratin Smooth With Argan Oil Shampoo
TRESemme is one of the most popular hair care brands in the world. The company started its business in 1947 and is now owned by Unilever.
Prominent Features of the TRESemme Keratin Smooth with Argan Oil Shampoo:
- It is an ideal keratin treatment product to tame frizzy hair
- This sulfate-free shampoo provides natural strength and shine to the hair
- Suitable for both natural and chemically treated hair, this shampoo nourishes the hair and the follicles giving you a healthier mane
- Dual-action formula tames frizz and makes hair smoother
- Low-sulfate formula
- Suitable for chemically-treated hair as well
- Smells great
- It May cause some hair fall
7. Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Million Gloss Shampoo
Having a great range of shampoos that cater to different hair requirements, Schwarzkopf also markets its Gliss Hair Repair Million Gloss Shampoo as one of the best keratin shampoos. This German brand has a solid customer base across the globe today.
Prominent Features of the Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Million Gloss Shampoo:
- A product for the needs of dull hair, the shampoo is designed to make the hair shinier, voluminous and glossy
- An active cleanser of excess oil from the scalp, this shampoo leaves your hair feeling smooth
- Hydrates your scalp making it healthier for hair growth
- Has liquidized sea-collagen that boosts hair growth and makes them healthier
- Gives a stunning gloss to your hair
- Best for dull and lifeless hair
- You May need a lot of products to cleanse your hair
8. Wella Spa Luxe Oil Keratin Protect Shampoo
Founded in 1880 by Franz Ströher, Wella is popular hair care and colour brand. This German company has been the number one choice for many professional hair experts across the globe. Earlier owned by Procter & Gamble, Wella is now occupied by Coty Inc.
Prominent Features of the Wella Sp Luxe Oil Keratin Protect Shampoo and Mask:
- Infused with Keratin technology, it makes your hair straighter, frizz-free and gives a smoother look
- Blended with the goodness of Jojoba and Argan oils, Luxe Oil Keratin protect shampoo makes your hair damage-free
- Gives the hair a lustrous silky shine
- Smooth and frizz-free hair in one wash
- Suitable for all hair types
- Might cause hair fall
9. Giovanni 2Chic Brazilian Keratin And Argan Oil Shampoo
A brand that endorses natural and paraben-free products for hair, Giovanni creates a unique formulation of hair care products. Offering a range of gels, mousse, hair sprays, shampoos and conditioners, Giovanni’s haircare range has diversified ever since the growth of the natural products industry. Offering many hair care products that cater to frizzy and damaged hair, Giovanni endorses natural hair straightening formula. Grab Giovanni’s 2chic Brazilian Keratin And Argan Oil Shampoo.
Prominent Features of the Giovanni Ultra-Sleek Shampoo:
- A product safe to be used over both natural and chemically treated hair, this Keratin shampoo contains no formaldehyde or other harmful ingredients
- Offering your hair a silky smooth texture and soft shine, this product is purely organic and provides you with healthy and voluminous hair
- Infused with jojoba seed oil, argan oil, keratin extract, aloe vera leaf juice, rooibos tea extract, coconut oil, macadamia seed extract, and shea butter extract.
- Has a refreshing coconut fragrance
- Contains no parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, artificial colors, phthalates, formaldehyde
- It May cause some dryness
10. Khadi Global Keratin Power and Bhringraj Herbal Hair Shampoo
Launched in 2014, Khadi Global has successfully secured its position as one of the top brands that endorse organic and Ayurvedic products. Offering high-quality products to its users, Khadi Global aims to deliver the natural goodness of pure herbs that are quite beneficial in today’s polluted world.
Prominent Features of the Khadi Global Keratin Power and Bhringraj Herbal Hair Shampoo:
- A natural hair care system that gives you smooth, shiny and radiant hair
- Promotes a healthy scalp along with deep conditioning your hair
- Ideal for all hair types, this product is made from purely natural ingredients
- Cares for your hair and scalp by strengthening the roots of your hair
- Ayurvedic product
- Suitable for all hair types
- Doesn’t cause dryness
- Not effective on dandruff
Maintaining curly, wavy, and frizzy hair demands a lot of time and effort. If you’re unable to give your hair constant attention, getting a keratin treatment can be super beneficial. Above, we have mentioned some of the most amazing keratin treatment products in India. Some of our top favorites are from OGX, Wella, and L’ANZA. Don’t forget to check the full list before making a purchase. For those who are looking to know about herbal face pack solutions check our list of top ayurveda Face Packs.
Keratin is a type of structural protein found in our hair, nails, and skin. It can be understood as the building block that strengthens the outer layers of our hair as well as skin. This protective protein is vital as it prevents scratching or tearing of the internal cells.
Keratin is a vital structural protein in our body that performs a protective function for our hair, nails, and skin. When used on the hair, it can improve hair health by restoring the natural keratin bonds damaged by pollution or excessive styling. Thus, restructuring your hair to make it sleeker, straighter, and shinier.
A keratin treatment generally involves the use of a cleansing shampoo, followed by keratin-infused chemicals. Depending on your choice of the salon, the products used might have formaldehyde or not. Ideally, formaldehyde-free products are better since they do not cause any skin irritation or rashes. This is followed by intensive heat treatment with a flat iron. The first wash comes about 72 hours after the treatment.
LANZA Keratin Healing Oil Treatment and Lasio Keratin-Infused Treatment One Day Formula are some of the best keratin treatments in India. Both these products not just make your hair straight, but also more manageable and frizz-free. Additionally, the silky-smooth finish lasts for as long as 4 months, so you don’t end up burning a hole in your pocket.
Keratin treatment helps repair the bonds in your hair to improve hair health, and give you smoother, straighter hair. The idea is for keratin-loaded chemical products to penetrate the porous hair, and rebuild their internal structure.
While a keratin treatment improves the structural texture of your hair, a smoothening treatment simply works on the surface level. Keratin treatment gives you considerably healthier, shinier, and straighter hair, while smoothing reduces frizz, makes your hair more manageable, and is slightly straighter. Both the processes involve intense chemical and heat use, so it is imperative to understand your needs before going in for the treatment. Additionally, a keratin treatment lasts for about 3-4 months, while smoothing may last for as long as 6 months depending on care.
Kerasmooth is the best keratin treatment for unruly, rough hair. It not just strengthens and rebuilds your hair, but also makes them smoother and softer. Basically, it brings together the best of keratin and smoothing, to give you gorgeous, lush hair.
While the cost of the treatment depends on the length of your hair as well as the type of products that your salon decides to use, it can vary anything between Rs 3000-10,000. Since keratin treatments are a huge investment, you need to ensure that you get the best type of products applied to your hair from an experienced professional.
Since your hair is subjected to so much heat and chemicals in a keratin treatment, they tend to be weak and malleable. To ensure that they do not get bent out of shape, you must take extra precautions like preventing tucking them behind your ears and not braid or tie your hair for at least a few days. While sleeping, you must put your hair down, so that they remain straight. You can lie on your back and keep them on your shoulders. If you see some dents after waking up, you can run a wide-toothed comb to remove any kinks, or use a flat iron for stubborn kinks. Once you are through with this post-treatment care, you can tie up your hair or sleep as you like.
The longevity on your treatment depends largely on post-treatment care. You must frequently use hair masks to keep your hair soft, invest in some good sulphate-free shampoos, and avoid excessive heat styling. An average keratin treatment lasts for as long as 3-4 months, but with the right care this span can be almost double.
Doing a keratin treatment at home is not as complicated as it may sound. All you have to do is wash your hair thoroughly, pat dry them lightly so they remain damp, work in your keratin mask while ensuring that each strand is properly coated, and leave it on for as long as 20-30 mins (or as the product suggests). Then, rinse thoroughly with water, and comb and blow-dry your hair straight. After about 48 hours, wash your hair with a sulphate-free shampoo and follow up with a conditioner. And voila, you have softer, healthier hair!
Why Trust The Good Look Book Reviews?
We have a team of category-specific researchers who understand what makes a certain product better than the rest before including it on our lists. For keratin treatment, we considered factors such as ingredient list and chemical content before creating the perfect list for you. Our goal is to offer the most reliable product suggestions to make shopping much more fun and hassle-free for you.