Shampooing is a significant part of one’s hair care routine. It is the best way to keep hair healthy and nourished by replenishing it with nutrients. Therefore, choosing a formula that best suits your hair type is very important. While the market is full of abundant options, these best keratin shampoos have been the talk of the town forever.
Keratin protein forms the building blocks of your hair. If your hair lacks keratin protein, it begins to look dry, frizzy and damaged. While eating a protein-rich diet can help restore keratin to your hair, adding a good keratin shampoo to your hair regime can also do wonders. It can make your hair healthy, silky, and velvety by providing the ultimate nourishment of keratin protein. To help you choose the best, we bring a list of our top picks in keratin shampoos.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
How Do We Choose the Best Keratin Shampoos for You?
Over the years, Keratin shampoos have picked up pace in the global market due to their numerous benefits. They maintain the vitality of your hair and add smoothness and sheen that’s to die for. In India, you can get good quality keratin shampoos ranging from Rs 449 to Rs 1,999. Here are some important factors that we considered before creating this list.
When picking up keratin shampoos, we ensure that the product offers nourishment to your hair. Here, you will find products infused with natural ingredients and vitamins so that your hair can feel healthy all the time.
Many organic brands have launched keratin shampoos that are super safe for you and do not contain parabens, sulphates, or chemicals that may harm your hair. The brands we’ve listed below have great customer reviews online and are a top choice for many Indians.
List of the Top Keratin Shampoos in India
On this page:
- 1. TRESemme Keratin Shampoo
- 2. Wella Professionals SP Luxe Oil Keratin Protect Shampoo
- 3. L’Oréal Professional XTenso Care Keratin Shampoo
- 4. Godrej Shampoo Keratin Rich Shampoo
- 5. OGX Ever Straightening Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo
- 6. St Botanica Pro-Keratin & Argan Oil Smooth Therapy Shampoo
- 7. Schwarzkopf Professional Keratin Micellar Shampoo
- 8. Mamaearth Onion Shampoo
- 9. Keratine Professional Smoothening Shampoo
- 10. Bodywise Keratin Hair Fall Control Shampoo
- 11. Beardo Keratin Shampoo
- What is keratin shampoo?
- What does keratin shampoo do to your hair?
- Which keratin shampoo is best?
- Does keratin shampoo make your hair grow?
- Can keratin ruin your hair?
- Does keratin straighten hair?
- Can keratin treatments cause hair loss?
- Does keratin shampoo really work?
- How long does keratin last?
- How to use Tresemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo?
- How do keratin shampoos work?
- Is Tresemme Keratin Shampoo suitable for all hair types?
- Is Tresemme Keratin Shampoo sulphate-free?
- What is the benefit of using a keratin-based shampoo?
- Which is the best shampoo and conditioner after keratin treatment?
1. TRESemme Keratin Shampoo
TRESemme has been a trusted beauty brand for years. This US-based hair care brand was established in 1947 by Godefroy Manufacturing Company. It retails hair shampoos, conditioners, masks, and keratin treatments that are loved by professionals across the world.
Prominent Features of the TRESemme Keratin Shampoo:
- Made with a unique low-sulfate formulation making it ideal for natural and chemically-treated hair
- Your hair would get smoother and shinier through regular use of this keratin shampoo. It also offers effective frizz control for three days
- Its patented micro-moisture technology smoothen and protect dry hair from damage
- Offers a fabulous blend of keratin and argan oil to give the ultimate nourishment, hydration and elasticity to your hair
- Enriched with the goodness of argan oil for nourished and straightened hair
- Low sulphate formula
- Suitable for use after oil treatment
- Hair stays frizz-free for 3 days
- May face issues with sealing the pump knob
Why We Picked the TRESemme Keratin Shampoo?
One of the most iconic keratin shampoos of all time, this product by TRESemme is loaded with argan oil and keratin. It has a dual-action formula that controls frizz and adds a nice shine to your hair. Moreover, it smells amazing, and you must give it a try!
2. Wella Professionals SP Luxe Oil Keratin Protect Shampoo
Franz Ströher founded Wella AG in 1880, and it has now become one of the most-selling hair care products in the world. This German brand sells high-quality products that are relied on by professionals as well.
Prominent Features of the Wella Professionals Keratin Shampoo:
- Gentle cleanser that contains keratin and makes for a luxurious wash
- It makes hair squeaky clean, soft, and smooth
- Infused with jojoba, almond, and argan oils and penetrates deep into the hair follicles to replenish shine, restore health and boost radiance
- Ideal for dull, damaged hair as it adds softness and shine to your tresses
- Regular use of this shampoo helps you manage your hair better without weighing them down
- The product weighs 200 ml
- Deep nourishment
- Mild formula
- Restores hair health and lustre
- A little on the pricey end
Why We Picked the Wella Professionals Keratin Shampoo?
Enriched with the goodness of jojoba, argan, and almond oils, this shampoo is highly recommended for people dealing with frizzy hair. It contains nourishing ingredients that will penetrate into your hair and hydrate them properly.
3. L’Oréal Professional XTenso Care Keratin Shampoo
Talking about hair products and not including L’Oreal is not possible! The brand is quite prominent in India and has an ever-growing clientele across the world. It majorly retails cosmetics, hair care, and perfumes. If you’re looking for products that can give you more beauty benefits, check out the best baby shampoos & list of top shampoos in India.
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Professional XTenso Care Shampoo:
- Powered by pro-keratin and in-cell that work together to provide nourishment and strength
- Hosts the goodness of botanical extracts and recharges the moisture levels in the hair cuticles
- Also controls hair volume and rebuilds the hair fibres
- It is a sustainable product – thanks to its packaging
- The bottle weighs 230 ml
- Dual-action formula
- Might be a little difficult to find offline
Why We Picked the L’Oreal Professional XTenso Care Shampoo?
Super hydrating shampoo that controls frizz and makes your tresses shiny and smooth instantly. It helps replenish dull hair and manages volume by nourishing the hair well. Its anti-breakage formula will ensure that your hair is strong and protect them from any more damage.
4. Godrej Shampoo Keratin Rich Shampoo
Godrej is a multinational brand that deals in multiple sectors in the market today. It was launched in 1897 by Ardeshir Godrej and Pirojsha Burjorji Godrej and has its headquarters in Mumbai.
Prominent Features of the Godrej Keratin Rich Shampoo:
- It helps undo heat and pollution-induced damage to hair
- Makes hair shiny and bouncy
- It is also colour safe
- Moreover, it is specially created keeping Indian hair in mind
- Also helps replenish depleted moisture levels while keeping your hair supple and shiny
- Ideal for normal to dry hair
- Best keratin shampoo for dry hair
- Made for Indian hair
- May not help with straightening hair
Why We Picked the Godrej Keratin Rich Shampoo?
This shampoo contains hydrolysed keratin that creates a barrier around your hair to protect them from external damage or heat. It is also colour-safe, and anyone with chemically-treated hair can choose this without a second thought. If you’ve been looking for a nourishing shampoo to take good care of your hair, this is your pick!
5. OGX Ever Straightening Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo
OGX is another widely popular haircare brand that hails from the US. The company was established in 1987 and makes beneficial, reliable, and sustainable hair products.
Prominent Features of the OGX Ever Straightening Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo:
- It boasts a plant-powered formula infused with coconut oil, avocado oil, cocoa butter, and keratin proteins
- This exclusive blend of robust nutrition makes for a superwash for your hair, making it smoother, straighter, and bouncier
- It works like magic and adds a brilliant luxurious glow to your hair
- Great pick for curly and wavy hair
- Bottle weighs 385 ml
- Best for curly and wavy hair
- Free of paraben and sulfate
- May not efficiently straighten hair
Why We Picked the OGX Ever Straightening Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo?
Formulated with keratin protein, coconut oil, avocado oil & cocoa butter, this shampoo is perfect for keeping your hair strong and shiny. It keeps the frizz away and keeps your hair straight at all times.
6. St Botanica Pro-Keratin & Argan Oil Smooth Therapy Shampoo
When it comes to skincare and haircare, St Botanica is topping the charts across categories. The brand was launched in 2015 and has retained a top position in the market with its highly efficient product range.
Prominent Features of the St Botanica Keratin Shampoo Therapy:
- It contains pro-vitamin B5, keratin, and argan oil to add more dimension and volume to flat, limp hair
- It also adds thickness and texture to any hair type and makes hair strong and manageable
- It boasts a healthy ingredient list of several rare and exotic botanical extracts and oils such as shikakai, and bhringraj to keep your hair strong, rejuvenated and conditioned
- Helps balance the pH of the scalp and reduce hair damage caused by chemicals and rough hair treatments
- Suits all hair types and acts as the perfect solution for all your hair woes
- Botanical extracts
- Reduces hair damage
- Paraben and SLS free
- May not be very hydrating for dry hair
7. Schwarzkopf Professional Keratin Micellar Shampoo
Schwarzkopf is a widely known hair care brand that retails shampoos, conditioners, and hair colours across the globe. The brand was founded by Hans Schwarzkopf more than a century ago and remains a popular choice today.
Prominent Features of the Schwarzkopf Professional Keratin Shampoo:
- This shampoo is curated using advanced haircare technology to control frizz
- Reduces detangling by providing intensive nourishment
- It is enriched with highly concentrated cationic polymers and silicone oils to offer supreme smoothness, hydration, and shine
- Has a frizz control formula that makes even the thickest, frizziest, coarsest and curliest hair smooth and manageable
- Intensive shine
- Improved elasticity
- Advanced technology
- Very costly
8. Mamaearth Onion Shampoo
Mamaearth started off as a baby and mother care brand but has now expanded to a lot of segments in the skincare, haircare, and personal care range. The brand was founded in 2016 by Varun and Ghazal Alagh and has its head offices in Gurgaon.
Prominent Features of the Mamaearth Onion Shampoo:
- Enriched with onion oil and plant keratin that helps strengthen and nourish your hair
- Has gentle surfactants that offer a clean scalp without stripping off natural oils
- Suitable for chemically-treated hair as well
- Comes in a bottle with a pump dispenser
- Weighs 400 ml
- Free of sulphate, silicone, and parabens
- Has no mineral oil
- Has a nice sweet fragrance
- Might be a little too mild
9. Keratine Professional Smoothening Shampoo
Keratine is another popular haircare brand that you can definitely count on. This Delhi-based company has been counted among the top sellers on Amazon.
Prominent Features of the Keratine Profesional Smoothening Shampoo:
- Has a blend of proteins that help strengthen and soften your hair
- Enriched with vitamins and minerals that repair damaged hair
- Scientifically formulated shampoo that prevents thinning of hair
- Has sweet almond extract, wheat amino, meadowfoam seed oil and olive fruit extract
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 500 ml
- Professional range
- Ideal for chemically-treated and damaged hair
- Immense nourishment
- May need a lot of product to cleanse
10. Bodywise Keratin Hair Fall Control Shampoo
Bodywise is a personal wellness, skincare, and hair care brand that caters to Indian women. All of its products are environment and skin-friendly, so you only get the best.
Prominent Features of the Bodywsie Keratin Hair Fall Control Shampoo:
- Has a keratin-infused formula that strengthens your hair
- Also has Biotin, vitamin B3, and B5
- Regular usage can help reduce hairfall and thinning
- Comes in a bottle with a pump dispenser
- Weighs 250 ml
- Suitable for all hair types
- Makes hair thick and strong
- May cause some dryness
11. Beardo Keratin Shampoo
Founded in 2015, Beardo is a grooming and personal care brand that caters to men in India. The brand manufactures hair care and skincare products and fragrances that are affordable and efficient.
Prominent Features of the Beardo Keratin Shampoo:
- Has botanical keratin that helps keep your hair strong and shiny
- The blend of almond oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil, and camellia seed oil delivers intense nourishment
- Prevents frizzy hair
- Comes in a bottle with a pump dispenser
- Weighs 300 ml
- Suitable for all hair types
- Blend of oils keeps hair nourished and shiny
- Smells great
- Might not aid in stopping hairfall
Maintaining straight hair is quite easy if you use the right products on your hair. In this article, we have listed some of the best keratin shampoos in India based on their formula, ingredients, and chemical content. While we really love the products from TRESemme, Wella, and L’oreal, let us know which ones you love the most. Check out these shampoos and give your hair the tender, loving care it deserves.
What is keratin shampoo?
Keratin Shampoo contains keratin protein. Keratin Protein is the primary protein from which our hair is made. Due to pollution and dirt, the damage our hair suffers can be undone by providing keratin protein to your hair and its roots. Hence, keratin shampoo works to provide that protein to your hair to repair the damage.
What does keratin shampoo do to your hair?
Keratin Shampoo provides keratin protein to your hair. The keratin protein repairs the damage done to your hair due to pollution and dirt. Providing keratin to your hair can be very helpful in improving the texture and quality of your hair.
Which keratin shampoo is best?
A number of keratin Shampoos are available in the market, some of them being Dove Damage Solution Intense Hair Repair Shampoo, Wella SP Luxe Oil Keratin Protect Shampoo, Khadi Global Keratin Power & Bhringraj Herbal Shampoo and many more. All these shampoos are amazing and work wonders for your hair.
Does keratin shampoo make your hair grow?
Yes, keratin shampoo can make your hair grow. It supplies keratin protein to your hair and its roots, providing them nourishment. This nourishment provided by keratin can initiate the growth of hair. If your hair lacks protein, then a keratin shampoo can very well repair the damage and make the hair grow in volume and length.
Can keratin ruin your hair?
No, keratin does not ruin your hair, rather, it brings shine, strength, and volume to your hair. Keratin is a protein that is naturally present in the hair and a natural thing that cannot damage your hair. It might not cause any advantages, but it sure would not cause any harm.
Does keratin straighten hair?
Yes, keratin protein makes your hair a little straight in the process of repairing it with the help of keratin protein. Keratin is the natural protein found in the hair, which gives the hair structure and texture.
Can keratin treatments cause hair loss?
Yes, keratin treatment can cause hair loss. The excessive heat provided to your hair during the treatment can be harmful to the hair. It is not the protein that causes harm but the excessive heat without which the treatment is incomplete.
Does keratin shampoo really work?
Keratin Shampoos are very good for your hair, as keratin is a natural protein present in the hair. It works to make your hair quality and texture much better. But it completely depends on person-to-person and the amount of protein your hair needs.
How long does keratin last?
On average, keratin lasts for about 6 months. The rest depends on the products you use after getting it done, also, the texture of your hair matters a lot in this process. Keratin treatments use heat (and sometimes formaldehyde) to bond keratin proteins to the hair to make it smoother and straighter.
How to use Tresemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo?
It is very easy to use Tresemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo, a small amount of shampoo is enough to get the desired result. Apply on damp hair to create lather. Then rinse thoroughly with cold water to remove any traces of the shampoo.
How do keratin shampoos work?
Keratin is the protein that is primary in the formation of hair. Keratin shampoos work by infusing your hair with keratin protein which strengthens and protects your hair, making it soft and shiny. The hair is made up of 89% keratin, if this amount decreases, it causes frizz and damage. So, to make up for the amount of keratin lost due to dirt and pollution, the shampoo provides additional protein.
Is Tresemme Keratin Shampoo suitable for all hair types?
Yes, Tresemme Keratin Shampoo is suitable for all hair types. It goes deep into the hair strands to make them healthy and beautiful.
Is Tresemme Keratin Shampoo sulphate-free?
Tresemme Keratin Shampoo is not Sulphate-free. It is quite effective in straightening the hair due to the presence of keratin. However, it should not be used in excess. The SLS present in the shampoo can damage the hair and scalp skin. It contains Sodium Lauryl Sulphate(SLS).
What is the benefit of using a keratin-based shampoo?
Keratin-based shampoos supply the hair with keratin which strengthens your hair. It helps in getting rid of split ends, making your hair healthier and tangle-free while also protecting your hair from harmful UV rays of the sun and pollution.
Which is the best shampoo and conditioner after keratin treatment?
Post-Keratin Treatment, shampoos used should be sulphate-free. All the shampoos which do not contain sulphates can be used, but the best among them is the Morrocan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner. L’Oreal X-Tenso Nutri-Reconstructor Shampoo can also be used post-treatment.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We have a team of category-specific researchers who study and understand what makes one product better than the other. For the keratin shampoo blog, we considered factors such as formula, ingredients, and efficacy to create a useful list for you. Since we aim to offer you reliable shopping suggestions, you will never find a shady product here.