With the dynamic lifestyle taking a toll on the health of our hair, it becomes essential to restore its natural quality and texture. From pollution to heating devices, women have to fight immense issues to achieve strong and shiny hair.
Choosing the right shampoo is probably one of the first few steps that can turn your hair from a bane to a boon. The best shampoo in India can be chosen after an analysis of one’s hair and scalp requirements. We are here to make your job easier with our list of 15 well-researched and evaluated shampoos available in India. Find the right one here.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Shampoos for You?
Shampoos are an absolute necessity for maintaining the health and cleanliness of our hair and scalp. An average Indian shampoos their hair at least thrice a week, increasing the demand for good-quality products in the market. In India, you can find a decent shampoo ranging from Rs 90 to Rs 1,999, depending on your hair needs and budget. Here, we have discussed a few factors that help us decide which shampoo is best for you.
The two main types of scalps are oily and dry. If you have a flaky or itchy scalp, you will probably have dry hair. People with dry hair should go for hydrating shampoos that are formulated with nourishing oils or conditioning agents. On the other hand, if you have an oily scalp, try going for a balancing shampoo that moisturises your hair just enough and doesn’t weigh them down.
Shampoos should be cleansing and nourishing at the same time. Try and find a product with natural ingredients, vitamins, natural oils, and protein-rich agents that nourish your locks and keep them shiny.
Types of Shampoos
Understand what your hair needs before buying shampoo for you. Some of the most common types of shampoos are clarifying, colour-protecting, and volumizing. See what your hair needs before making an investment. Here you can also check the best Keratin Shampoos & list of top shampoos on Amazon.
List of Top 15 Shampoos in India
L’Oreal Professionnel Expert Serie Pure Resource Shampoo
When it comes to the best shampoo for oily hair in India, L’Oreal Professionnel Expert Serie Pure Resource Shampoo is your answer. This French brand has been the ultimate go-to for many Indians for its top-class hair care products. The company exports worldwide and has headquarters in Clichy, France.
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Professional Expert Serie Pure Resource Shampoo:
- It takes care of greasy hair and rinses away hard water residues with its aqua crystal formulation
- Rich in citramine and vitamin E, this shampoo deeply purifies the scalp to make your hair feel nourished and protected
- It also gives your hair a refreshing citrus odour while adding to the pleasant experience
- Comes in a bottle with a pump dispenser
- Weighs 250 ml
- Rich in anti-oxidants
- Has anti-hard water agent
- Pleasant fragrance
- May make the hair greasy
Best Suited For:
Normal to Oily Scalp
Why We Picked the L’oreal Serie Expert Pure Resource Shampoo?
It removes grime, excessive oils and dirt from the roots to make your hair look smooth and light. It also restores your hair’s radiance while giving it long-lasting shine and manageability. It also has a hard water agent which helps you wash your hair even if you’re using hard water.
Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo
Moroccanoil is a prominent hair care and body care brand that hails from the US. It was founded in 2007 and is widely known for its classic argan oil around the world. You can find a wide range of body, hair, and bath care products under this brand.
Prominent Features of the Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo:
- It transforms dull and lifeless hair into bouncy and voluminous
- Infused with plant extracts, antioxidant-rich oil and other essential nutrients that gently cleanse fine and limp hair to make them look healthier
- Has glycerin and argan Moroccan oil
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 250 ml
- Lightweight formula
- May cause some dryness
Best Suited For:
Fine and Limp Hair
Why We Picked the Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo?
If you like powerful oil-infused products that are sensational and effective, you must try this one! It imparts extra volume to your hair while deeply cleansing your scalp and providing a lustrous shine to it. It naturally pumps up your hair’s body to make it look healthy and manageable.
TRESemmé Hair Spa Rejuvenation Shampoo
Founded in 1947, TRESemmé is a leading haircare brand hailing from America. Over the last decade, it has become widely popular in India and continues to expand its customer base with its unique range of products. The brand is now owned by Unilever.
Prominent Features of the TRESemmé Hair Spa Rejuvenation Shampoo:
- It is a healthy and nourishing shampoo that imparts spa-like calm and relaxation to your hair
- Its advanced formula pampers your hair with every wash and makes it look thicker and shinier
- Infused with hydrating marine minerals complex and essential nutrients
- Gives you a spa-like treatment at home within 3-4 minutes
- Comes in a bottle
- Instant hydration
- Smells amazing
- Packaging is not travel-friendly
Damaged hair and people experiencing hair fall
Why We Picked the TRESemmé Hair Spa Rejuvenation Shampoo?
Enriched with nourishing marine minerals, this shampoo will offer you just the right nourishment and hydration to make your locks shiny and healthy. You will experience a good difference in the bounce, quality, and texture of your hair while using this product. It also nourishes your scalp and provides a fresh scent to your hair, a spa-like experience.
Pantene Pro-V Hair Fall Control Shampoo
Pantene lives up to its offerings of standout products at competitive prices with its Pro-V Hair Fall Control shampoo. This Swiss brand was founded in 1945 and is owned by Procter & Gamble. It is quite popular in India for its shampoos, conditioners, and hair masks.
Prominent Features of the Pantene Pro-V Hair Fall Control Shampoo:
- This product is a reflection of the brand’s philosophy of ‘Stronger Inside, Shinier Outside’
- Its Pro-V formula adds strength to your hair from the roots making it the best shampoo for hair growth in India
- Its Keratin Damage Blockers Technology helps prevent breakage and hair fall
- It also nourishes, strengthens and thickens your hair within 14 days of use
- Comes in multiple variants to target different hair concerns
- Foams well even in hard water
- Leaves hair glossy
- Lessens hair fall
- May cause some frizziness
Best Suited For:
All hair types, especially more effective for those looking for hair fall control
Why We Picked the Pantene Pro-V hair Fall Control Shampoo?
Pro-Vitamin Complex present in the Pro-V Formula is a mixture of Panthenyl Ethyl Ether and Panthenol. Its Histidine and Vitamin B5 content play a major role in strengthening your hair shaft. As a result, you get stronger hair and reduced hair fall. The reduction of oil, sweat, and dirt from your scalp makes your hair look silky, smooth and manageable.
Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
Organix or OGX is one of the most popular hair care brands in the world today. It was founded in 1987 in Clearwater, Florida and has grown by multi-folds in the past few decades.
Prominent Features of the Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo:
- The blend of argan oil instantly penetrates into your hair shaft to restore its shine and softness while eradicating frizz
- Argan Oil of Morocco is the only carrier of non-greasy texture to provide nourishment to dry scalp
- Its renewing formula is free of sulphates and parabens and is also a safe option for colour-treated hair
- Also protects your hair from sun and styling tools damage
- Comes in a cute bottle and weighs 385 ml
- Offers sun protection
- Intense nourishment
Oily hair types
Why We Picked the Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo?
Pure Moroccan argan oil-infused shampoo that instantly nourishes your locks, leaving them shiny and revived. This product also helps restore moisture to dry hair and protects it from styling heat and UV damage while giving your hair a soft and silky finish.
Garnier Ultra Blends Soy Milk and Almonds Shampoo
Established in 1904 by Alfred Amour Garnier, Garnier is a leading mass-market brand that retails haircare, skincare, and beauty products. It has an unwavering customer base in India that has been using only Garnier products for years.
Prominent Features of the Garnier Ultra Blends Soy Milk and Almonds Shampoo:
- It is the latest entry of products into the Garnier family that is crafted with innovative yet natural extracts
- Ultra Blends Shampoos fight pollution and stress that causes damage to the hair
- This shampoo is infused with the perfect blend of almond and soy milk to repair and restore the natural protein content in your hair
- It is also considered one of the best anti-dandruff shampoos in India
- Also has Vitamin E and protein for the ultimate nourishment of your locks
- Has protein-rich nutrients
- Deep cleansing
- May cause some dryness
Best Suited For:
All hair types, especially weak and damaged hair
Why We Picked the Garnier Ultra Blends Soy Milk and Almond Shampoo?
Replete with potent ingredients such as soy milk, almonds, and vitamin E, this shampoo can completely transform your dull and damaged hair. It treats damaged hair follicles to provide strong, smooth and silky hair and you will start seeing results within no time.
Wella Professionals SP Smoothen Shampoo
Wella is a widely-used hair care brand in India, especially amongst professional hair experts. This German brand was founded in 1880 by Franz Stroher and has its head offices in Geneva, Switzerland now.
Prominent Features of the Wella Professionals SP Smoothen Shampoo:
- It is one of the perfect anti-frizz shampoos
- It not only deeply cleanses the scalp but also smooths your hair with its gentle care
- It is an ideal choice for chemically-treated scalp and the best shampoo for coloured hair in India
- It contains plant extracts (cashmere), avocado oil and hydrolyzed keratin
- Avocado oil is responsible for smoothening your hair while keratin makes up for the hydration
- Leaves hair soft and bouncy
- Smells great
- A little pricey
Frizzy and Coloured Hair
Why We Picked the Wella Professionals SP Smoothen Shampoo?
If you have coarse and rough hair, this product will be a godsend to you. It controls your hair’s frizziness while making it visibly silky, smooth and shiny. It also prevents your hair from drying out and becoming unmanageable.
Wella Professionals INVINGO Nutri Enrich Deep Nourishing Shampoo
Wella Professionals’ hair products have made a reputation for themselves solely based on their ability to make hair smoother and silkier. It is for this reason that Wella is often chosen to find the best shampoo for dry hair in India.
Prominent Features of the Wella INVINGO Nutri Enrich Deep Nourishing Shampoo:
- It is a moisturizing shampoo that deeply replenishes dry and stressed hair
- Rich in Vitamin E, Panthenol, and Oleic Acid, it forms a Nutri-enriched complex formula to protect your hair from damage and provide optimum hydration to it
- It is rich in goji berry which is a blend of vitamins, minerals, and peptides
- Other ingredients include sodium lauryl sulfate, glycol distearate, panthenol, glycerin, lactic acid and more.
- Smoothens hair quickly
- Fruity fragrance
- Helps reduce hairfall
- May not work best to control frizz
Dry and damaged hair
BBlunt Intense Moisture Shampoo
BBlunt is one of the premium and reliable brands when it comes to a salon-like feel at home. It was launched in 2004 and has its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Prominent Features of the BBlunt Intense Moisture Shampoo:
- It is formulated to deeply nourish dry hair
- Its ability to soothe flaky scalp makes it the best shampoo for dandruff in India
- This product is specially designed for Indian weather and hair types and is also suitable for coloured hair
- Also has Jojoba, Vitamin E, Wheat Germ Oil, Germ Oil, and Hydrolyzed Keratin
- It helps cleanse your hair while killing the frizz with its intense moisture
- Colour protect formula
- May not be easily available in stores
Extremely dry and Rebellious hair
Schwarzkopf Professional BC Brazilnut Oil Shampoo
Schwarzkopf is a popular name in the hair care industry and has a solid presence in the global market today. It was established by Hans Schwarzkopf more than a decade ago and has been a number one choice for both professionals and amateurs.
Prominent Features of the Schwarzkopf BC Brazilnut Oil Shampoo:
- It is a miracle addition to the Schwarzkopf family
- It is a clear shampoo that is formulated to impart nutrition and replenishment to natural and colour-treated hair
- Its breakthrough evaporating technology digs deep into the scalp without leaving any residues
- Its main ingredient is Brazil nut oil which is used for filling porous gaps in your hair structure, thereby making your hair smooth
- You only get healthy-looking hair with tangible softness, opulent shine, and colour vibrancy by using this product
- Highly nourishing formula
- Suitable for all hair types
- Doesn’t weigh hair down
Best Suited For:
All hair types
Himalaya Herbals Damage Repair Protein Shampoo
Himalaya is a popular wellness and personal care company based out of Bengaluru, India. It was founded in 1930 by M Manal and is trusted by millions of people who love using herbal and ayurvedic products.
Prominent Features of Himalaya’s Damage Repair Protein Shampoo:
- It is the perfect solution for taming dry, damaged and frizzy hair
- It possesses antimicrobial and antioxidant properties that prevent split ends and breakage
- Rich in herbs like chickpea and beach almonds, it provides nourishment and intense conditioning to your roots
- Also helps repair and strengthen your hair
- It is also one of the cheapest yet most effective hair products available in the market and is often termed the best shampoo for men in India too
- Its key ingredients are chickpea and beach almond
- It repairs damaged tresses and strengthens the inner cuticle structure to give you healthy hair growth
- Rich in protein
- Natural ingredients
- Helps reduce hair fall
- May cause dullness in coarse hair
Best Suited For:
All hair types
Godrej Professional Quinoa Smooth Shampoo
Looking for the best shampoo for dry and frizzy hair in India? Godrej has a wide range of hair care options to keep your tresses shiny and smooth. The brand is one of the ventures of the Godrej Group which was founded in 1897 and has its headquarters in Mumbai.
Prominent Features of the Godrej Professional Quinoa Smooth Shampoo:
- It gives the perfect dose of protein and moisture to tackle the problem
- It is one of the best solutions for rebellious and colour-treated hair
- Also strengthens and repairs frizzy hair while fighting humidity
- Quinoa is a premium quality grain that contains amino acids which are responsible for the smoothening of hair cuticles and the replenishment of damaged strands
- It also contains hydrolyzed quinoa which helps balance protein and moisture in your hair
- It strengthens the roots to give you smooth, lustrous and manageable hair
- Natural quinoa protein
- Keeps hair healthy and shiny
- Smell may not be very pleasant
Herbal Essences Bio: Renew Clean White Strawberry & Sweet Mint Shampoo
Founded in 1971, Herbal Essences is a popular haircare brand owned by Procter & Gamble. The brand has been super popular worldwide and makes chemical-free hair care products.
Prominent Features of the Herbal Essences Bio Renew Clean White Strawberry & Sweet Mint Shampoo:
- It is one of the best natural shampoos in India
- It is a rich source of natural antioxidants that help remove impurities from your hair to protect it from damage
- This gentle shampoo gives a refreshing feeling every time you wash your hair and does not harm colour-treated hair either
- The unique technological blend of antioxidants, aloe and sea kelp helps revive lifeless hair
- It is also infused with notes of white strawberry, jasmine, and mint
- pH-balanced shampoo
- A little on the expensive side
Best Suited For:
All hair types
Matrix Biolage Smoothproof Shampoo
If you’re dealing with frizzy and unmanageable hair, then Matrix has a lot of good quality products for you. This American hair care brand is owned by L’Oreal and has been a prominent name in many Indian salons.
Prominent Features of the Matrix Biolage Smoothproof Shampoo:
- It has the ability to provide anti-frizz smoothness even under 97% humidity
- It provides ultimate shine and smoothness without adding extra weight to your hair
- Enriched with avocado, grapeseed oil, and camellia serum
- It is inspired by natural water-resistant camellia for providing smoothness to your hair
- Controls frizz and tames unruly hair
- Protects from sun damage
- Reduces breakage
- May cause frizziness after a while
Frizzy and rough scalp
HealthKart Moisturizing Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
Healthkart is a trusted personal care, nutrition, and supplements brand that owns MuscleBlaze and HK Vitals. This Indian company was founded in 2014 by Sameer Maheshwari and has grown exponentially over the last few years.
Prominent Features of HealthKart’s Moisturizing Shampoo:
- It is made of 100% natural apple cider vinegar that rinses off impurities from your hair
- Its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties remove scalp buildup and mitigate dandruff
- It is often referred to as the best shampoo for hair fall in India in the organic category
- Also stimulates blood circulation in your hair, thereby growing and strengthening hair follicles
- 100% natural
- Organic product infused
- Gentle cleansing
- May not help with dandruff
Best Suited For:
All hair types, especially with hairfall problems
With a plethora of shampoo options available in the market, you may feel confused about what’s best for you. To help you, we have curated a list of the best shampoos in India. We personally enjoy using shampoos from L’Oreal and Pantene but the list has some super amazing options that will not only nourish your hair but also make them stronger.
1. What are the best shampoos in India?
Shampoos by L’Oreal, Pantene, Organix, Morocaanoil, and Tresemme are most bought in India.
2. Which is the no.1 shampoo in India?
L’Oreal Professional Expert Serie is one of the best shampoos in India.
3. Which shampoo is harmful to hair?
Any shampoo that contains parabens or SLS can cause damage to your hair.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
At CashKaro, we have a team of skilled researchers who understand why a certain product is better than the rest. We check several factors such as the ingredients, formula, and chemical content of the shampoos before including them on our lists. Our goal is to only offer you the best and most reliable information so that you can make an informed decision.