Skip to Content
Arm fat can be really stubborn and getting rid of it is not so simple. Most of us struggle to reduce arm fat because who doesn’t want slender and toned arms! Some studies have concluded that low levels of testosterone can lead to fat storage in the upper body. Hence, with age, our testosterone decreases leading to flabby arms.
It is essential to be physically active and exercise to reduce arm fat. We have listed down five easy and effective exercises about how to reduce arm fat. Follow these with dedication and you’ll never have to think twice before donning your sleeveless dresses and spaghetti strap tops.
5 Simple Exercises To Lose Arm Fat
There are some exercises that engage your arm muscles and focus primarily on making them toned. We have listed down five best exercises to help you in your quest of losing arm fat. These, combined with a healthy diet, will definitely make a difference.
1. Tricep Extensions
Tricep extensions using a dumbbell is a common technique for developing strength and toning the muscles of the triceps. It can also be helpful in losing weight as it elevates the fat burning process in the entire body.
How To Perform Tricep Extensions?
- You need a dumbbell. If you don’t have dumbbells, you can use any other object or an elastic band.
- Take care of your stance and stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hold the weight with both your hands and lift it above your head. Your arms have to be straight.
- Lower the weight behind your back slowly.
- Hold for a couple of seconds and then lift the weight above your head again.
- While doing this exercise keep your arms as close to your ears as possible.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps each. Rest for a minute in between each set.
2. Tricep Dips
Tricep dips is an exercise which aims at strengthening and toning the triceps. It is the best exercise to tone your arms. It does not require much equipment, just a bench or a chair can suffice.
How To Do Tricep Dips?
- For this exercise, you will have to get a chair or a bench. The height of the chair has to be two-three feet above the ground.
- Sit at the edge of the chair/bench and place your arms behind you or on the edge of the seat. Make sure that the distance between your arms is shoulder-width apart.
- Sit at the very edge of the seat with your back in an upright position. Do this with your legs stretched out in front of you.
- Bend your elbows to a 90-degree angle and slowly lower your lower body off the seat and towards the ground.
- Stay in this pose for a few seconds and remember to regulate your breathing. Inhale and exhale.
- Straighten your arms again and push your body up. Do not sit on the chair yet.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps daily for effective results.
3. Bicep Curls
This is one of the most well-known and popular exercises for toning and strengthening the biceps. It is highly efficient and can be performed by anyone. The aim of bicep curls is to make your arms strong and toned.
How To Do Bicep Curls?
- For this exercise, you will need a pair of weights.
- With your feet shoulder-width apart, stand firmly on the ground. Hold one weight in each hand.
- Make sure your palms are facing you when you are holding the weights, with your fingers encircled around the weight.
- Lift both the weights by bending your elbows and bringing your arms up towards your shoulders.
- See to it that you keep your elbows tucked in closely towards your sides so as to maintain the right form.
- After holding for a few seconds, bring down the weights by lowering your arms.
- Depending on how comfortable you are, do about 2 to 4 sets of 15 or 20 reps each.
4. Push Ups
A callisthenics exercise, push-ups engage the pectoral muscles, triceps, and anterior deltoids, with ancillary benefits to the rest of the deltoids, serratus anterior, coracobrachialis and the midsection as a whole. The entire body benefits from this exercise.
How To Do Push-Ups?
- This is a great exercise which will help you with a lot more than just losing arm fat.
- Spread a mat on the floor and lie on your stomach.
- With your palms on the floor facing downwards, rest your hands on the floor.
- Rest your hands firmly on the ground and lift your body up, using your palms. Lower your body again till your chest is almost touching the ground.
- Since this exercise requires immense upper body strength, start with doing knee push-ups first and then proceed to regular push-ups when you get comfortable.
- Rest your knees on the floor and raise your upper body slowly. Hold that position for a second and then lower it again till your chest is close to the ground.
- Breathe in on your way down and exhale when you raise your body up.
- Do 3 reps of 10 sets daily for best results.
5. Arm Circles
Arm circles are one of the easiest exercises and you can do these any time. They don’t take a lot of time and provide you with a lot of benefits, especially to the arms.
How To Do Arm Circles?
- This is a very simple exercise and you can do it very easily.
- Stand straight and extend your arms to the side.
- Start moving your arms in circles while keeping your breath steady.
- Do as many rotations as you can.
- Reverse the direction and keep doing the rotations the other way round.
- This exercise engages all the muscles of your arms and is quite exhausting. You will start feeling the burn soon enough.
- Take some breaks in between and do this exercise daily.