On this page:
- 1. Choose The Right Hair Products for Healthy Hair
- 2. Use The Right Comb to Avoid Hair Breakage
- 3. Wash Your Hair Thrice A Week to Prevent Hair Fall
- 4. Do Yoga And Exercise for Natural Hair Growth
- 5. Apply Hair Fall Control Oil Regularly
- 6. Natural Home Remedies For Hair Fall and Regrowth
- 7. Take A Healthy Diet to Prevent Hair Fall and Grow Hair Naturally
- 8. Get A Hair Fall Treatment Spa
Who doesn’t want their hair to be as gorgeous as Rapunzel’s, contently enjoying the breeze while gathering the compliments of the spectators? We all do! But unfortunately, most of us tend to be victims of hair loss as a result of an unhealthy diet, mineral deficiency, stress, pollution, and even genetics.
Hair fall is a natural phenomenon that can be cured easily with the help of minor modifications and natural methods. Diagnose the reason for hair fall to learn how you can treat hair fall problems in the best possible manner. While there is no best hair fall treatment, the trick lies in giving the perfect nourishment to our hair, something that our hair would love to adapt to. Here’s a quick guide to some of the most important tips for the prevention of hair fall.
Best Hair Fall Treaments – Causes & Natural Remedies
1. Choose The Right Hair Products for Healthy Hair
Thinning of hair may be the result of chemicals in your shampoo or conditioner. For maintaining healthy hair, it is essential that the products chosen for application on hair are free from sulfate, silicone, and paraben. A wise choice will help to prevent your hair from being brittle, thus leading to hair fall control. Below is the list of some of the best hair fall shampoos that can be chosen depending upon your hair type.
- Dove Hair Fall Rescue Shampoo
- Patanjali Shampoo for Hair Fall
- Loreal Professional Shampoo for Hair Fall
- Himalaya Anti Hair Fall Cream
- Himalaya Anti Hair Fall Shampoo
- Pantene Hair Fall Control Shampoo
- Matrix Shampoo for Hair Fall
- Khadi Shampoo for Hair Fall
2. Use The Right Comb to Avoid Hair Breakage
The type of comb you use may also be the reason for hair fall. It is therefore advisable to use a wooden wide-tooth comb to untangle your hair and prevent hair fall. This will help to reduce hair fall to a great extent. Cleaning your comb regularly is also a recommended practice that must be followed for the treatment of hair fall. Moreover, you must not comb your hair while they are wet as this increases the intensity of the problem.
3. Wash Your Hair Thrice A Week to Prevent Hair Fall
Your hair is vulnerable to various environmental problems that can be the cause for your hair fall. Washing your hair once in 3 days is a good practice for maintaining their strength. This will help remove the unnecessary dust, dirt, oil and bacteria that builds up in your hair over time. However, it is important that you do not wash your hair more than 3 times a week as it will tend to strip your scalp and hair of the natural oils that are necessary for stimulating hair growth and thus leading to hair fall.
4. Do Yoga And Exercise for Natural Hair Growth
Stress is undeniably a symptom of severe hair fall. Certain Yogasanas and regular exercises prove to be great stress busters and help to grow new hair along with preventing premature greying and stopping hair fall naturally. Apanasana, Uttanasana, and Adho Mukha Svanasana are some of the popular Yogasanas that can be practised to promote good flow of blood circulation and help in natural hair growth.
5. Apply Hair Fall Control Oil Regularly
For the treatment of hair fall, you must massage your hair regularly using the best oil for hair fall. Oiling helps to improve blood circulation and nourishes your hair from within. Almond, coconut, and several Ayurvedic oils such as Patanjali Hair Oil for hair fall can be applied overnight to cure this problem effectively. Simply move your fingers in your hair to apply the chosen oil. This will help loosen dandruff and dead cells, thereby promoting healthy hair.
6. Natural Home Remedies For Hair Fall and Regrowth
Nowadays, thinning of hair is a major concern for people of all the ages. If you are looking for home remedies to reduce hair fall and increase hair growth, then you can choose to prepare homemade hair packs by combining two or more natural ingredients. Here are some of the common home remedies for hair fall.
Green Tea And Egg Hair Treatment to Prevent Hair Fall
How To Apply Green Tea And Egg?
- Prepare green tea using 2 green tea bags.
- Take a clean bowl and mix the prepared tea with 1 egg yolk.
- Stir the mixture to form a thin creamy paste.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp and hair.
- Let it stay for 30 mins and wear a shower cap to cover your hair.
Apply Methi (Fenugreek) Paste to Control Hair Fall
How To Apply Fenugreek?
- Dip a few Methi (Fenugreek) seeds in water and soak them overnight.
- Prepare a paste by crushing the seeds.
- Add some sour curd into the paste.
- Apply the mixture on your hair and cover using a shower cap.
- Rinse well after one hour with the help of shampoo and conditioner.
7. Take A Healthy Diet to Prevent Hair Fall and Grow Hair Naturally
Why hair fall? Well, the last thing you ate may be the answer to this question.
Since hair fall is directly proportional to vitamin/mineral deficiency, it is recommended that you consume such foods that are rich in Zinc, Iron, Vitamins A, B complex, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, omega-3 fatty acids, and proteins. You must avoid the intake of oily foods and eat more of green leafy vegetables, apricots, pulses, chicken, fish, egg, pork or beef to reduce hair fall and increase hair growth.
8. Get A Hair Fall Treatment Spa
To curb hair fall and induce hair growth, a Hair Spa Treatment can do wonders. A hair spa therapy enables strengthening of hair and makes them bouncy and shiny. Fortifying the hair follicles, this hair formula helps to revitalize the scalp and adds spirit to the hair thus helping in treating hair fall.
9. Avoid Heating And Blow Drying Regularly
Blow drying and heating dehydrates your hair follicles and makes your hair vulnerable to damage. Hair dryers, straighteners, curling irons, perming can all lead to hair fall. If you want to reduce hair fall, then it is best that you completely avoid or limit these methods.
10. Avoid Using Chemicals, Colour Or Bleach
Using chemicals and dyes can cause irreversible damage to your hair and cause hair loss. Dryness and hair fall are common issues if you colour or bleach your hair very frequently. It is better to avoid, limit or take longer breaks if you need to get your hair coloured.
11. Avoid Smoking And Alcoholic Beverages
Smoking and alcohol intake reduces the amount of blood that flows to the scalp thus, causing a reduction in hair growth. Smoking also causes premature ageing of your hair cells and makes your hair brittle. Take the necessary steps to stop smoking and drinking too much alcohol.
12. Get Regular Trims And Avoid Tight Hairstyles
Getting regular hair trims makes your hair healthy and removes split ends. Visiting the salon every six to eight weeks to trim that straw-like textured hair might be a good idea. Pulling your hair too tight around the roots should also be avoided to reduce hair fall. Avoid tight braids, pigtails or ponytails. Also, use fabric ties instead of elastic ones to tie your hair.
13. Take Hair Supplements
If your hair fall problem gets worrisome due to nutritional deficiencies, then you are advised to speak to your doctor and take additional supplements. Iron, zinc, niacin, selenium, Vitamin D and B-12 help in promoting strong and healthy hair.
14. Keep Your Scalp Healthy
Keeping your scalp healthy at all times is essential to reduce hair fall and damage. Drinking plenty of water, maintaining a balanced diet and tackling issues like dandruff or oily, dry scalp etc., are vital for healthy scalp and gorgeous hair.
15. Do Not Sleep With Your Hair Open
Brushing and tying your hair in a low braid or ponytail ensures less breakage and frizz over the night. Also, using silk pillow covers or giving your head a nice oil massage makes sure you have voluminous hair with a gorgeous shine overnight.