Skip to Content
- How To Use Flat Iron For Hair Straightening At Home: Step-By-Step Tutorial
- Step 1: Prep Your Hair
- Step 2: Use A Heat Protection Spray
- Step 3: Blow Dry Your Hair
- Step 4: Use The Hair Straightener
- Step 5: Finish Off With A Hair Spray
- Hair Straightening Tips To Remember
If technology did any good to girls with curly hair, they introduced a hair straightener for you. Your dream to achieve soft, straight hair will no longer require you to run to the parlor. You can avoid the fuss of permanent hair straightening and opt for temporary options like a hair straightener.
Use a hair straightening machine that is flat and user-friendly to get the best of both worlds in the comfort of your home. There are several brands available that bring you the best hair straighteners in India.
How To Use Flat Iron For Hair Straightening At Home: Step-By-Step Tutorial
Sleek and frizz-free hair can make you look chic and stylish. Let’s get you looking flattering with our guide to how to straighten hair like a pro using your best hair straightener at home.
Step 1: Prep Your Hair
It is utterly important to prepare your hair to take the heat from a straightener and ease out the process. We suggest using a hair straightening shampoo and conditioner to fasten the hair straightening process.
How To Prep Your Hair?
- Wash your hair with a moisturizing shampoo and use a conditioner thereafter
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water
- Pat dry with a towel
Step 2: Use A Heat Protection Spray
Shield your hair from heat and damage by using a heat protecting serum or spray. Do so when your hair is wet to let the heat protection spray spread out evenly without creating clumps.
How To Apply A Heat Protection Spray?
- Section your hair and spray on the heat protection spray or serum focusing on the hair strands
- Avoid spraying on the roots as it tends to make the scalp look greasy
- Comb your hair thereafter
Step 3: Blow Dry Your Hair
Using a blow dryer before straightening can dry out your hair completely and prevent it from bearing the heat shock and break off. This also reduces the risk of frizz and adds puffiness.
How To Blow Dry Your Hair?
- Divide your hair into sections using a hair straightener brush
- Dry out each section in a downward motion starting from the roots
Step 4: Use The Hair Straightener
After you’ve prepped your hair to face the heat, it is time to use an additional hair straightening cream and get to work.
How To Use A Hair Straightener?
- Set your straightener at the correct temperature
- While the iron gets to the set temperature, section your hair using clips
- Take each section and carefully place the hair straightener as close to the roots as possible
- Run the straightener down the length of each hair section up to 2-3 times until completely straight
Step 5: Finish Off With A Hair Spray
Use an anti-frizz hair spray to let your straight hair look last longer.
How To Use A Hair Spray?
- Use the hair spray a few times directly on the hair
Hair Straightening Tips To Remember
- Iron your hair upwards towards the ceiling from to crown to get more volume
- Use a hair straightener comb alongside for better results
- Set the right temperature on the straightener, preferably medium heat to avoid excessive hair damage
- You can clean the plates of your hair straighter with a washcloth and some alcohol
- Use ear covers to avoid burning your skin
- Use a hostler to rest your iron while sectioning your hair
- Do not hold the iron in one spot of your hair for too long