Gone are those days when you had to starve yourself to become slim. Yes, you heard it right! A perfect balance of a healthy diet and regular exercise is the most powerful way to get that perfect silhouette. While many of the millennials are often tangled in the trend of binge eating, sleeping and watching TV, a well-timed schedule is mandatory to have a healthy body and mind.
We are here to show you a step by step guide on how to become slim in 2 weeks.
10 Simple Steps To Become Slim In 2 Weeks: Tips & Tricks
On this page:
- 10 Simple Steps To Become Slim In 2 Weeks: Tips & Tricks
- 1. Cardio For Weight Reduction
- 2. Crunches For Belly Fat Reduction
- 3. Lunges For Strengthening Muscles And Burning Lower Body Fat
- 4. Planks For Strengthening Abdominal Muscles And Burning Core Fat
- 5. Squats For Reducing Thighs And Glutes Fat
- 6. Mind Your Post-Workout Snacks
- 7. Regulate the Portion Size
- 8. Always Take the Stairs
- 9. Drink A Lot Of Water
- 10. Mind Your Daily Step Count
Don’t have time to head to the gym? Worry not! Try these simple slimming exercises and lifestyle modification tips at home that will help you to your weight loss goal.
1. Cardio For Weight Reduction
Cardio is the foremost set of exercises that you must follow to reduce weight or burn fat. Your daily exercise routine must begin with jogging, jumping jacks, and burpees.
How To Do Cardio?
- Jog at the same place for 10 minutes.
- Perform jumping jacks for 30-60 seconds. Jog again.
- Repeat the same for 10-15 minutes.
- Squat to the floor, jump the feet to a plank position and jump back while standing up.
- Repeat the same for 10 minutes and jog again.
- You can also skip a rope side by side.
2. Crunches For Belly Fat Reduction
If you aspire to reduce belly fat, then crunches are one of the best exercises for the same. Crunches make your abdominal muscles strong and help in toning up.
How To Do Crunches?
- Lie on your back.
- Bend your knees so that your feet are flat and touching the floor.
- Cross your arms in front of your chest.
- Lift your shoulders smoothly from the floor.
- Lower your body downwards later on.
- Repeat the same in sets of 10 at least 3-4 times.
3. Lunges For Strengthening Muscles And Burning Lower Body Fat
Lunges are one of the most effective exercises that help in building your core, calves, quadriceps, glutes and hamstrings. There are different types of lunges styles. Follow the forward lunges in order to make your core strong.
How To Do Lunges?
- Stand straight with your legs aligned to your shoulders.
- Place your right foot forward and hold on to this position.
- Lower your body to place your right knee at a 90-degree angle.
- Push yourself up and do the same with your left foot.
- Repeat the same in sets of 10 for 3-4 times.
4. Planks For Strengthening Abdominal Muscles And Burning Core Fat
Planks are one of the bodyweight exercises that help to strengthen the body’s mid-section. It also helps to improve your posture and overall balance. Plank exercises have a positive effect on our nerves and help to improve our overall mood. There are many types of planks, but you must start with the full planks for better results.
How To Do Full Planks?
- Place your hands beneath your shoulders and knees beneath your hips.
- Remain on your hands and push your lower body backwards.
- Stretch your arms and hold this pose for a few seconds.
- Repeat the same 10 times for 2-3 times.
5. Squats For Reducing Thighs And Glutes Fat
If you wish to tone down your thighs and build that perfect booty, then squats are the most important exercise you can do. Squats are super effective to reduce the extra fat and getting your lower body in shape.
How To Do Squats?
- Place your feet and shoulder in a slightly wider position.
- Sit back and down as you do on a chair.
- Keep repeating the same exercise 10 times in 3 sets.
6. Mind Your Post-Workout Snacks
After a heavy workout at home, your body needs a lot of macronutrients like carbohydrates, protein and energy in your diet. It is important to follow a healthy diet every day in order to lose weight in a faster way.
How To Mind Your Post Workout Snacks?
- Make sure they are rich in protein and low on carbs.
- Don’t munch an unnecessary number of snacks.
- Include salads once a week to your post-workout diet
- Eggs are rich in protein, so you must have at least one egg post workout.
7. Regulate the Portion Size
Sometimes, we tend to forget what portion size we are eating. Irrespective of a healthy diet, if you do not regulate a portion size you might put on some weight. Therefore, the key to getting slim is to regulate the portion size and eat after every 2 hours.
How To Regulate the Portion Size?
- Use a smaller plate or bowl whenever consuming food.
- Tweak a larger portion into two smaller portions.
- Never order a full meal.
- Eat slowly.
8. Always Take the Stairs
If you are still thinking about how to be slim in a few days, then bid ‘goodbye!’ to elevators. Ditching the elevators can prove to be a boon for people who wish to get slim. Taking the stairs is simply a cardio exercise that can help you with your physical as well as mental health.
The most astonishing fact about climbing stairs is that it burns more calories as compared to one minute of jogging.
9. Drink A Lot Of Water
It is always recommended to drink 3 litres of water every day. Due to our busy schedule, we often disregard this habit. Water has zero fat and helps you to keep your tummy full for longer periods of time. It helps to remove toxins from our body and improves digestion which in turn increases metabolism. Therefore, drinking water between intervals helps to reduce weight.
10. Mind Your Daily Step Count
Recollecting the total number of steps you have taken by the end of the day is necessary to watch on your weight loss regimen. There are many apps that help you count your daily steps. So, you must mind your daily step count for a weight loss reduction measure.