An Arabic veil used as a headscarf by Muslim women, a hijab has a greater significance. The style is symbolic of modesty and tradition. The Hijab finds its mention in the holy book of Quran as a partition or a curtain. As a model of respect towards the values and tradition of this culture, this apparel has made its way into the fashion world too. This gear is available in many different prints and styles. Hijab exemplifies the beauty of the women and brings out their persona in a more effeminate and earnest way.
5 Ways To Wear A Hijab: Step By Step Tutorial
On this page:
1. The Classic Hijab Style
The simplest and most preferred way of wearing a hijab, this style can be made using a dupatta too. To know how to wear a hijab with dupatta step by step, scroll down.
How To Wear Hijab In The Classic Style?
- Take a rectangular scarf and drape it over your head.
- Pin both the sides of your scarf under your chin. While pinning the sides up, always wide open your mouth in order to provide a steady and slightly loose tie to your hijab.
- Flip the left end of your hijab on your right shoulder and bring it back to your left shoulder.
- Spread both the ends to cover your chest.
2. Side Bow Hijab Style
A cute and modern twist to the traditional way of wearing a hijab, this side bow can be sported on a casual outfit.
How To Wear Hijab In The Side Bow Style?
- Take a rectangular scarf and begin by covering your head with 1/4th of it, leaving the remaining part for draping.
- Pin both the sides of the hijab under your chin.
- Grab the longer end of the hijab and flip it on your other shoulder turning it around your neck twice.
- Now grab one end from the smaller part and one end from the draped part and tie them in a bow style.
In addition to this we have created this amazing blog on how you can wear dupatta differently. Do check out and let us know if it was helpful to you.
3. Front Knot Hijab Style
A fashionable style to wear hijab, a front knot can be sported with formal outfits or with casual ones too. Check out this amazing style of wearing a hijab step by step below.
How To Wear Hijab In The Front Knot Style?
- Take a rectangular scarf and begin by draping it on your head leaving both the parts in equal proportion. Now grab both the ends and turn them around your neck from the back up to the opposite shoulder.
- Tie a knot at the front and push it sideways.
- You’ve got the look.
For those who are looking to know about wearing Lehenga dupatta. We have created to amazing blog on how you can wear a lehenga dupatta perfectly.
4. Scarf Hijab Style
While there are many different styles to wear hijab, this is one of the easiest and simplest ways for a girl to wear hijab for a party.
How To Wear Hijab For Party In The Scarf Style?
- Drape a rectangular scarf on your head leaving both the parts in equal proportion.
- Now take the right side of the hijab from behind the left end and flip it back.
- Flip the left end of your hijab and bring it around from back to the same side.
- Adjust as required.
5. Side Fall Arab Style Hijab
A cute way to wear hijab in the Arab style, this look is sure to give you the best and neatest look for any celebratory occasions and formal ones too.
How To Wear Hijab Arab Style With The Side Fall?
- Drape a rectangular scarf on your head covering your head with 1/4th of it, leaving the remaining part for draping.
- Now take the shorter side of the hijab from behind the longer end and flip it back.
- Take the longer end and trace it along with your face, up to your head and sideways.
- Pin the scarf up on the side and voila. You’re done.
Last but not least do check our latest blog where we have mentioned some of the best designer dupattas that you can try out. Do have a look and let us know about your choice.