A remarkably versatile ingredient ‘rose water’ has found a place in a majority of households in Asia and the Middle East. The use of this magic potion dates back to early Egypt when Cleopatra used this natural product as a part of her skincare regime. Also referred to as ‘Gulab Jal’, rose water is beautifully fragrant and has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to soothe the skin, keeps it moisturized, and induces fairness. Easy to prepare, this solution can be conveniently obtained through the distillation of fresh rose petals.
How To Use Rosewater On Face Overnight? Tips & Tricks
Rosewater comes with numerous benefits for the face and the skin. Irrespective of your skin type, you can easily add this staple ingredient to your skincare regimen and experience tremendous results. Here are the 2 best ways to help you understand how to use rose water on the face overnight.
1. As A Skin Toner And Cleanser
Rosewater is an effective solution for removing oil and dirt. It has mild astringent properties that help shrink the pores and rejuvenate the skin. You can simply sprinkle rose water on your face before you go to bed. You must add a few drops of glycerin to 1 tablespoon rose water and apply it to your face for a fresh and hydrated feel.
How To Apply Rosewater As A Skin Toner And Cleanser?
- Soak a cotton pad in rose water.
- Dab the cotton on your face and let it dry.
2. As A Moisturizer
Rosewater is one of the most useful natural skin care moisturizers. To use it as a moisturizer, you will need 3 tablespoons pure rose water, 1 tablespoon glycerin and 1 tablespoon cold coconut oil. The combination of these three ingredients hydrates the skin in no time, giving it a refreshing feel.
How To Apply As A Moisturizer?
- Put all the ingredients in a small bottle.
- Shake well to create a mixture.
- Apply a small amount of the mixture over your skin.
3. Honey And Rose Water Mixture
Honey is an incredible skin brightening solution that works well on scars, tan and pigmentation. You can blend honey with rose water to experience excellent results in the form of moisturized fair skin. Simply take 3 tablespoons rose water and 4 tablespoons honey and follow this procedure.
How To Apply Honey And Rose Water Mixture?
- Mix all the ingredients until you get a smooth combination.
- Apply this mixture on your face and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face with cold water.
4. Cucumber And Rose Water Mixture
Cucumber is known to offer an extremely refreshing effect on the skin. A mixture of cucumber and rose water on the face helps one to get rid of any swelling, puffiness, or itching. Bring an instant glow to your face and use 2 inches fresh cucumber, 2 tablespoons raw honey and 1 tablespoon rose water to prepare this formula.
How To Apply Cucumber And Rosewater Mixture?
- Peel a cucumber and mix it with honey. Stir the mixture until it smoothens.
- Add rose water to this mixture.
- Apply this on your face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face with cold water.
Benefits of Rose Water for Face
- It helps with natural hydration of the facial skin
- Rose water helps balance the essential oils in our skin
- The antioxidant properties lend nourishment to the face and give it a protective layer
- Rose water has anti-ageing properties that help restrict fine lines and wrinkles
- It has skin-tightening properties
- The product helps unclog pores and provide a smooth texture to your face
In addition to this we would also like you to check out latest blog where we have mentioned some of the best night cream brands in India. Do have a look and let us know if you find it helpful.