Please rotate your deviceWe don't support landscape mode. Please go back to portrait mode for the best experience
Choose the best price and retailer
Source: Techno Ruhez (YouTube)
One of the newest launches by Xiaomi, the Redmi 9 is a highly economical smartphone with a wealth of features and a unique range of colour variants perfect for those who have an eye for the extraordinary. Easy on the pocket, the device ships in with ample storage capacity, including a 4 GB RAM and 64 GB/ 128 GB secondary storage expandable up to an impressive 512 GB.
Under the hood, the Redmi 9 is powered by a 2.3 GHz MediaTek Helio G35 octa-core processor which delivers excellent performance and high durability. The device runs on the latest Android v10 operating system and is integrated with the MIUI 12. The device is excellent for intensive gaming with its HyperEngine Game Technology along with an enhanced battery lifespan. All in all, the Redmi 9 is an excellent bargain between features and price and is a strong contender in the highly competitive smartphone market today.
The design of the Redmi 9 is one of its most unique features, with a classic minimalistic appearance paired with attractive colour variants. The device houses a fingerprint scanner on the back, the dual-camera module housed to its top-left corner along with the flash.
- Looks: - In appearance, the Redmi 9 is commendable with a noteworthy range of colour variants, i.e. Carbon Black, Sky Blue, and Sporty Orange. The latter two variants are ideal for users who enjoy bold and vibrant colours.
- Build: - The Redmi 9 houses all buttons on the right side, enabling single-usage for convenience. The device sports an aura edge design, rendering its overall appearance with a smooth, elegant finish.
- Weight and Thickness: - The device weighs 196 g, not the lightest of smartphones but easy to carry around nonetheless. With a thickness of 9mm, it sports a slim and delicate build that looks and feels great when held. The device is protected by P2i, with a splash-proof design.
- Unique Design Features: - The Redmi 9 is TUV Certified for eye protection and incorporates the Reading Mode 2.0, making the display suitable for reading even at night. It is manufactured with a 380V surge protection to shield the device from potentially damaging voltage spikes. Finally, the SIM port has rubberised seals for protection, preventing corrosion and enhancing the longevity of the phone.
The Redmi 9 ships in with a 6.53 inch FHD+ IPS multi-touch capacitive touchscreen display, bringing lifelike clarity and excellent colour contrast to the visual experience. With a 1600 x 720 pixels resolution, 268PPI pixel density and a 20:9 aspect ratio, the display produces great image quality, making it all the more exciting to watch videos and play games. The touchscreen is sensitive to human touch, rendering it highly responsive, and the multi-touch feature renders it capable of recognising multiple touches.
- Rear Cameras: - The Redmi 9 sports a dual rear camera setup including a 13MP primary sensor and a 12 MP secondary sensor. With built-in features like the AI Scene Detection to bring life to pictures, the Portrait Mode to capture the perfect Bokeh shots, HDR, Pro Mode and many more, these cameras deliver superb pictures.
- Front Camera: - The 13 MP front-facing camera in this device is perfect for capturing selfies in varying lighting conditions, producing excellent quality in the outcome. With a 78 degree FOV, the camera is also capable of capturing great wide shots for group selfies and incorporates a Palm Shutter Mode.
- Night Mode: - Several features in the Redmi 9 camera setup enable night-time photography as well, with crisp color contrasts and completely natural looking shots.
- Video: - Both the front and rear cameras can capture videos with great quality, with AI Scene Detection automatically bringing life to the footage.
The Redmi 9, packed to the brim with features, needs a massive battery to power its operation and keep it running day-long; and the 5000 mAh lithium-polymer battery that is built into the device fulfils the requirements perfectly. Particularly high capacity, the battery has enhanced lifespan, furnishing the device with the ability to run smoothly and uninterrupted for 2 days straight.
Os & Processor Features
Memory & Storage Features
Battery & Power Features