We all are guilty of spending huge amounts of money on products that claim to make our skin flawless and healthy. What if we told you there was a much healthier and pocket-friendly alternative to those expensive chemical-laden products? Yes, there is. We call it the ‘Ubtan Powder’.
The Ubtan powder is a blessing for the skin. It can be made from basic ingredients in a kitchen. It has been used since ages to achieve flawless and clearer skin.
An Ubtan recipe is very easy. It is basically a paste obtained from mixing gram flour (besan) with a few other ingredients. It can be mixed with different things for different motives. There is also a special bridal ubtan ceremony conducted before the wedding.
We provide you with methods of how to make ubtan for different purposes. Follow these methods and learn how to make ubtan at home easily.
Simple Methods To Make Different Types Of Ubtan:
Here are a few types of ubtan which you can make at home to get flawless skin.
Method 1: To Make An Ubtan Face Wash
- Take a bowl and put 2 tablespoons of besan (chickpea/Bengal gram flour) in it.
- Add 1 tablespoon sandalwood powder and half a tablespoon turmeric powder to it.
- Now, add 2 tablespoons milk and mix well so that there are no lumps.
- The consistency of the paste should neither be too runny nor too thick. It should evenly spread on your face.
- Apply this paste on your face and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash your face with water and do not use any soap or facewash after that.
Raw milk hydrates, deeply cleanses, controls oil buildup, and gently exfoliates the skin. Sandalwood soothes and smoothens your skin, while besan exfoliates it and removes dead cells. Turmeric is an antiseptic and works towards reducing pigmentation.
Method 2: To Make Face Scrub
- In a bowl, take 1 tablespoon oatmeal and 3 tablespoons besan (Bengal gram flour).
- Add 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder, half a tablespoon of turmeric and 2 tablespoons grated cucumber.
- Mix it well and make a smooth paste.
- Apply it on your face in circular motion and scrub for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash your face with water after you’re done.
Cucumber hydrates the skin and removes dead skin cells, tan, sunburn etc. Oatmeal is a great exfoliator and cleanser.
Method 3: To Make Moisturizer
- Soak 6-7 almonds in fresh cream overnight and then peel them off.
- Add 1 tablespoon each of sesame oil and tulsi powder and blend this in a mixer.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of besan/Bengal gram flour, 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder and half a tablespoon of turmeric into this paste.
- Apply this paste on your face for 10 minutes before taking a shower.
Tulsi is loaded with antioxidants and does wonder to acne prone skin. Almonds are rich in Vitamin A and make the skin supple and soft. Sesame oil helps with reducing pigmentation and polishing the skin tone.
Method 4: To Make Face Mask
- In a bowl, take 1 tablespoon wheat flour and 1 tablespoon of besan/chickpea flour.
- Add a tablespoon sandalwood powder, half a tablespoon turmeric and mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Then slowly add 2 tablespoons of rose water to it and mix to form a paste.
- If the mixture is not of the desired consistency, then add more rose water.
- Apply on your face and leave it till it is dry.
- Wash with cold water and moisturize.
Wheat flour helps in the regeneration of skin cells and lightening the skin. Rose water is an astringent that helps with skin tightening and locking your pores.
Method 5: To Remove Dark Patches
- Take a tablespoon each of besan and sandalwood powder and half a tablespoon of turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Add a tablespoon each of milk, honey and lemon juice to it.
- Make a paste and apply on your face for 15-20 minutes.
Lemon is a natural bleach while honey is an excellent tightening and moisturizing agent.