Skip to Content
Mehndi or Henna in India is quite auspicious. It is applied as a tradition to celebrate special occasions. However, it is also used for ayurvedic hair treatments to promote hair growth. Henna on the skin marks the day of celebration on many festive occasions. On the other hand, the application of mehndi on the scalp treats various hair ailments like dandruff, split ends, hair loss and lice. If you’re wondering on how to make mehndi at home for hair growth and for applying on the skin, then read on below.
5 Simple Ways to Prepare Mehndi for Hair Growth: Tips and Tricks
Mehndi preparation for hair growth is quite easy. There are simple ways that guide you to make mehndi paste ready for application. Various DIY mehndi paste formulations prepared at home can make your hair grow longer, silkier and shinier. Here are a few that you can try:
1. Coconut Mehndi Paste
This is the most used DIY method to create a mehndi paste for improving the texture of hair and to promote hair growth. For a good Ayurvedic coconut mehndi paste, you will need:
- ½ cup of Henna Powder
- ¼ cup of Warm Water
- Coconut Oil
How To Apply Coconut Mehndi Paste?
- Mix henna powder in a glass bowl with water and coconut oil to make a thick smooth paste. Keep it aside for 2-3 hours before starting to apply the paste in your hair.
- Wrap each section around the top of your crown and make a bun when the application process is through.
- You can cover your hair with a shower cap and wait for 2-3 hours to develop the colour.
2. Amla Powder Mehendi Paste
Amla is known to bring back the lost shine. Its natural characteristics like anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties help strengthen hair and reduce hair fall. You can add amla powder to henna paste in order to reap its benefits:
- ½ cup Henna Powder
- 2 tbsp Amla Powder
- ½ cup Warm Water
How To Apply Amla Powder Mehndi Paste?
- Mix amla powder, henna powder and warm water to make a thick, smooth and spreadable paste.
- Apply the paste in each strand of your hair and scalp.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap to keep it intact for 2-3 hours.
- Rinse it off.
3. Aloe Vera Mehndi Paste
Aloe Vera juice provides the essential nutrients and vitamins to your hair which helps prevent lice, dandruff and other skin diseases. It relieves all the major ailments from your scalp and offers a cool sensation after application.
- 1/2 bowl Mehndi powder
- 1 Aloe vera leaf juice
- Coconut oil
- 1 cup warm water
How To Apply Aloe Vera Mehndi Paste?
- Mix the above-mentioned ingredients to make a fine paste for application.
- Apply it to your hair evenly.
- Leave it for 2-3 hours and cover your hair with a shower cap.
Pro Tip: You can use hand gloves to avoid getting your hands coloured with mehndi
4. Egg and Mehndi Paste
Eggs make hair smooth, shiny and dandruff-free. You can prepare a paste mixed with mehndi and apply to your hair to reap its benefits. In order to make a fine paste, you will need:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mehndi
- ½ spoon lemon juice
- 1 cup warm water
How To Apply Egg and Mehndi Paste?
- In a glass bowl, mix all the ingredients mentioned above to make a consistent paste that spreads well on your hair
- Apply on your hair with a gentle massage
- Leave it for 2-3 hours and cover your hair with a shower cap
5. Curd and Mehndi Paste
- 1/4 cup mehndi
- 2/3rd cup curd
- Coconut oil
How To Apply Curd and Mehndi Paste?
- In a glass bowl, mix coconut oil, curd and mehndi to make a paste that spreads on your hair.
- Apply it to damp hair.
- Leave it for 3-4 hours to get a rich color in your hair.
Simple Way to Prepare Mehndi for Skin: Tips and Tricks
Preparing mehndi for skin is easy. You can either go for ready mehndi powder and prepare its paste or you can prepare mehndi by freshly grinding mehndi leaves. Either way, you are set to wear a gorgeous look in various Mehndi designs.
- ¼ cup Mehndi powder
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- ½ cup of Water
How to Prepare Mehndi?
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl in the right proportion to make a smooth paste.
- Keep this paste for 6-7 hours covered with a lid. You can also keep it in an airtight bowl.
- Mix the paste again and fill it in a cone.
- Store the cone in the refrigerator when not using it.
How To Make A Mehndi Cone?
It’s not rocket science to make a Mehndi cone. In order to make a mehndi cone, you need:
- Cellophane paper
- Sticky tape
- Cut the cellophane paper into a rectangular shape measuring 6*7 inches.
- Begin rolling the sheet into a cone (grab the upper right corner of the rectangle and follow by folding it left and towards the center. The center of the wider edge of the sheet becomes the pointed end of the cone)
- Leave a small opening at the smaller end of the cone.
- Tape your cone to avoid any spillage and opening of your cone.
- Tape the open end of your cone to secure the mixture while pouring.
- The bigger end of the cone should be folded and taped after pouring mehndi mixture inside it.