Haircare is an essential part of the self-care regime. Our hair deals with so much pollution, dust, and impurities every day, which results in hair fall, dryness, and dandruff. Several regular shampoos are laden with toxic chemicals and may worsen the condition leading to dryness, brittle hair, and eventually hair loss.
To maintain hair health, it is important to switch to mild shampoos. They help remove excess dirt and oil from your scalp without excessively damaging or drying your hair. These shampoos usually have no harmful chemicals and do not damage the hair, even with regular use.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Khadi Natural||Check Prices|
How Do We Choose the Best Mild Shampoos for You?
The best mild shampoos are made with oils, plant extracts, and other natural ingredients that help provide the right nutrients while making your hair look shiny. Such shampoos are sulphate-free and work wonders for dry hair and dealing with various hair fall problems.
Those with extremely thin hair may also use mild shampoos as they wouldn’t weigh your hair down and help in improving their condition. Since these shampoos have a low concentration of chemicals, they are perfect for everyday use. In India, you can get such shampoos on all budgets ranging from Rs 150 to Rs 1000.
Here are some of the factors that will help you find the right mild shampoo.
Shampoos contain different ingredients, and you should choose one according to your hair and scalp type and the concerns you want to address. You must look for the one that contains natural ingredients to nourish and condition the hair without damaging the roots.
Choose one that does not contain SLS, parabens, alcohol, artificial fragrances and dyes, and other harsh chemicals. Shampoos with natural oils like argan, coconut, hibiscus, or jojoba are a great choice.
The other ingredients that you can look for are antioxidants and vitamins to moisturise your hair, revitalise the texture, and keep them healthy and lustrous.
Just like the skin, we all have different hair types. So, make sure that you carefully pick the shampoo that suits your hair. People with fine and thinner hair must avoid creamy shampoos and look for clear formulas. However, for fizzy and dry hair, creamy and moisturising formulas are a good pick.
List of the Top 13 Mild Shampoos in India
On this page:
- 1. Biotique Bio Kelp Shampoo
- 2. Khadi Natural Shikakai & Honey Hair Cleanser
- 3. Himalaya Gentle Daily Care Protein Shampoo
- 4. TVAM Henna Extra Conditioning Hair Cleanser
- 5. Himalaya Gentle Baby Shampoo
- 6. OGX Renewing + Argan Oil of Morocco Shampoo
- 7. Forest Essentials Hair Cleanser
- 8. The Body Shop Banana Shampoo
- 9. Soultree Triphala Hair Revitalizing Shampoo
- 10. Aloe Veda Mild Nourishing Shampoo
- 11. Kaya Hair Nourishing Shampoo
- 12. Wow Skin Science Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
- 13. Mamaearth Onion Hairfall Shampoo
- What is a mild shampoo?
- Is Sunsilk a mild shampoo?
- Is Pantene a mild shampoo?
- Is Johnson’s Baby Shampoo a mild shampoo?
- Which mild shampoo is good for dry and frizzy hair?
- Is Head & Shoulders a mild shampoo?
- Which are some good mild shampoos for brittle hair and hair fall problems for males in India?
- I have an oily, itchy scalp. What kind of shampoos should I use?
1. Biotique Bio Kelp Shampoo
Biotique Bio Kelp Fresh Growth Protein Shampoo is infused with Kelp, a cold-water seaweed quite rich in vitamins. This shampoo is filled with nutrients, minerals and antioxidants that help strengthen your hair.
It also contains Neem, Bhringraj and Reetha that promote hair growth and nourish your hair from within. The product contains peppermint oil and mint leaf extracts that clean your hair while imparting a healthier shine.
Prominent Features of the Biotique Bio Kelp Shampoo:
- Removes excess oil
- 100% botanical
- Dermatologically tested
- Recyclable packaging
- It does not contain Sulphates, Silicones, Parabens, and Preservatives
- It contains natural ingredients and essential oils
- It does not cause any hair fall
- Makes hair shiny
- Good for summers as it has a cooling and refreshing effect
- It does not lather well
- Too mild for oiled hair
Why We Picked the Biotique Bio Kelp Shampoo?
Biotique Bio Kelp Shampoo is an effective Ayurvedic solution formulated with natural ingredients that promote healthy hair growth. This shampoo prevents hair loss and premature greying.
It also prevents dandruff and helps in new growth and healthier, shiny hair. This is a perfect mild shampoo for everyday use for all hair types and both men and women.
2. Khadi Natural Shikakai & Honey Hair Cleanser
Get beautiful and manageable hair with the Khadi Shikakai & Honey Shampoo, free from SLS & Parabens. It cleanses your scalp deeply and conditions your hair.
The content of honey in this ayurvedic shampoo deeply nourishes dry and dull hair and makes them look shiny. It is a mild shampoo that can be used daily to get rid of dry hair problems.
Prominent Features of the Khadi Shikakai & Honey Shampoo:
- No Parabens, Preservatives, SLS or Sulphate
- It has promising natural ingredients like Shikakai, Honey, Aloe Vera and other botanical extracts
- Suitable for all hair types
- Gentle on scalp
- Keeps hair super soft, shiny and silky even without a conditioner
- Good for dry hair and scalp
- Maintains moisture & strengthens roots
- Cleans scalp and lathers well too
- Does not control hair fall
- It has a runny texture
Why We Picked the Khadi Shikakai & Honey Shampoo?
Khadi Natural is highly regarded for using natural ingredients. The Khadi Shikakai & Honey Shampoo is an all-in-one hair cleanser with a conditioning formula and natural extracts.
While this shampoo feels gentle on the scalp, it moisturises and strengthens the hair shaft. It also works to stop hair greying and improves overall hair health. This Khadi shampoo will leave your hair healthy, soft, and manageable with regular use.
3. Himalaya Gentle Daily Care Protein Shampoo
Himalaya Gentle Daily Care Protein Shampoo has three essential benefits for your hair. It helps strengthen hair by reducing hair fall, maintaining healthy hair, and protecting it from damage.
An ideal mild shampoo for dry hair, it deeply cleanses your hair and supplies protein to your hair follicles that promote hair growth. It is free of harmful chemicals and protects the natural Keratin in your hair while smoothening and nourishing them deeply. Looking for more beauty essentials? Check out some of the best face packs for skin whitening & list of top skin whitening creams for men in India.
Prominent Features of the Himalaya Gentle Daily Care Protein Shampoo:
- Mild yet fresh scent
- Free from harsh chemicals
- Supports normal oil secretion
- Rich source of natural protein
- It is infused with ingredients like chickpea, Amla & black myrobalan
- Effectively removes dirt and oil from hair
- Safe to use on coloured hair
- Best for promoting hair growth
- It does not lather well
- Not suitable for oily scalp
- Requires a conditioner for dry hair
Why We Picked the Himalaya Gentle Daily Care Protein Shampoo?
Himalaya Gentle Daily Care Protein Shampoo gives you healthy and lustrous hair. It is enriched with protein-rich extracts that add strength to the hair, minimise hair fall, and protect them from everyday damage.
This shampoo does not affect the normal oil secretion of the scalp and provides naturally healthy locks. Also, have a look at this amazing list of the best whitening body lotions in India.
4. TVAM Henna Extra Conditioning Hair Cleanser
It’s time to say goodbye to dry hair with the TVAM Henna Extra Conditioning Shampoo. It deeply conditions your hair while preventing hair fall. It activates the hair roots, which in turn results in enhanced hair growth.
Infused with essential ingredients like Bhringraj and Henna, this TVAM Shampoo cleanses the hair follicles and provides moisture and nourishment to your hair. It also energises the hair shaft by making your hair soft, shiny, and healthy.
Prominent Features of the TVAM Henna Extra Conditioning Hair Cleanser:
- It contains 100% natural ingredients like Shikakai, Aloe Vera, Henna, Amla, Bhringraj, Liquorice and more
- Ayurvedic formulation
- Organically grown ingredients
- Stimulates new hair growth
- Moisturises and nourishes every strand of hair
- Great for dry and damaged hair
- Lingers post hair wash
- Hair feels soft and shiny after the first use itself
- Highly recommended for controlling hair fall
- Not budget-friendly
- Strong fragrance might not be liked by everyone
Why We Picked the TVAM Henna Extra Conditioning Hair Cleanser?
TVAM Henna Extra Conditioning Hair Cleanser is a rich and relaxing mix of Henna, Aloe Vera, Saffron, and Lotus. This shampoo cleanses the scalp while also replenishing natural oils.
It has the power to encourage the renewal of luxuriant locks while also controlling dandruff. TVAM shampoo is a true Ayurvedic luxury that is a must try to prevent hair thinning and hair breakage and stimulate hair growth.
5. Himalaya Gentle Baby Shampoo
Himalaya Gentle Baby Shampoo is formulated with herbal ingredients like Chickpea and Hibiscus. Although it is baby shampoo, adults who wish to use mild shampoo can try it to get healthy hair.
This mild shampoo adds moisture to your hair, making them soft and shiny. It is also infused with Khus grass which has antifungal and antibacterial properties that help to cool down the scalp.
Prominent Features of the Himalaya Gentle Baby Shampoo:
- Daily care shampoo
- Clinically tested
- Infused with the power of herbs
- Free from parabens, mineral oil and synthetic colours
- Extremely mild on hair and scalp
- It does not contain any harmful chemicals
- Enriched with hibiscus, paddy, khus and chickpea protein
- It makes hair stronger and healthier
- Hair feels soft and smooth
- Suitable for all hair types
- Too mild to cleanse very thick hair
- A lot of quantity will be required for each wash
Why We Picked the Himalaya Gentle Baby Shampoo?
Himalaya Gentle Baby Shampoo is a mild, “no tears” shampoo that is not just a perfect choice for little ones but can also be used by adults looking for a mild shampoo.
This shampoo does not harm the hair’s natural balance and treats them with love and care. It nourishes the tender hair roots and makes the hair strong and thick. Doctors highly recommend the protein-rich formula of this shampoo.
6. OGX Renewing + Argan Oil of Morocco Shampoo
Get shiny and healthy hair with Organix Renewing + Argan Oil Of Morocco Shampoo that penetrates the hair shaft easily. The shampoo helps restore shine and softness in your hair while strengthening them.
This mild shampoo is free from Parabens and Sulphates that can harm your hair. It is colour safe and protects your hair from UV rays and damage caused due to excessive heat and styling. The application of this shampoo leaves your hair soft and silky.
Prominent Features of the OGX Renewing + Argan Oil Of Morocco Shampoo:
- Good scent
- Enriched with Moroccan argan oil
- It makes hair smooth and shiny
- It does not cause hair fall
- Tames frizz
- Hydrate and moisturise deeply
- Best mild shampoo for shiny hair
- Not suitable for oily scalp
7. Forest Essentials Hair Cleanser
Forest Essentials brings an ideal solution for hair thinning, breakage and dry hair. The Forest Essentials Shikakai & Bhringraj Hair Cleanser is infused with Shikakai and Liquorice that control dandruff and dryness.
It stimulates the growth of hair while improving its quality. It also provides moisture and leaves your hair soft and shiny.
Prominent Features of the Forest Essentials Hair Cleanser:
- No SLS and parabens
- Powerful natural ingredients
- Beautiful colour and a soothing aroma
- Easy to apply and gentle
- Thoroughly cleanses hair and scalp
- Bhringraj and Shikakai make hair stronger
- Promotes hair regrowth
- Reduces hair breakage
- Prevents hair damage
- Pricey for a travel-sized container
8. The Body Shop Banana Shampoo
Try The Body Shop Banana Shampoo and enjoy beautiful shiny hair. One of the best mild shampoos for women, it is infused with the goodness of banana puree from Ecuador that smells good enough to eat.
It is environmentally conscious, mild and free from harmful chemicals and animal products.
Prominent Features of the Body Shop Banana Shampoo:
- 100% vegetarian
- For all hair types
- Leaves hair shiny
- Bottle made from 100% recycled plastic
- No sulphates, parabens, silicones, colourants or chemicals
- Moisturises hair and scalp
- Treats dry and damaged hair
- It makes hair smooth and silky
- Removes excess oil from hair and scalp
- Best mild shampoo for hair fall control
- High price
- Could be too mild
9. Soultree Triphala Hair Revitalizing Shampoo
If you wish to solve dry hair problems naturally, go for the Soultree Triphala Hair Revitalizing Shampoo. It is made with Triphala (traditional Ayurvedic herb), Amla, Bibhitaki and Haritaki.
It is also infused with Henna and Shikakai, which encourage hair regeneration. This shampoo nourishes the hair from within and makes them look soft and shiny. It is mild, cleanses the scalp and leaves the hair clean and healthy.
Prominent Features of the Soultree Triphala Hair Revitalizing Shampoo:
- Suitable for normal to oily hair
- Not tested on animals
- 100% vegetarian
- Certified ‘Natural’ by BDIH, Germany
- Contains no sulphates, parabens, silicones, petrolatum or mineral oil
- Regular use prevents hair loss and premature greying
- Regenerates cuticles to make hair healthy and strong
- Thoroughly cleanses oily hair and scalp
- Affordable and easily available
- Travel-friendly bottle
- Best mild shampoo for hair loss
- Not suitable for very dry hair
- It does not lather much
10. Aloe Veda Mild Nourishing Shampoo
Aloe Veda Mild Nourishing Shampoo is an excellent product that cleanses your scalp thoroughly. It is infused with antibiotic properties that prevent the formation of dry skin and dandruff.
The added Biotin nourishes your hair and scalp by keeping the roots of your hair healthy. This Aloe Veda Nourishing Shampoo also helps in faster hair growth.
Prominent Features of the Aloe Veda Shampoo:
- Sulphate free cleanser
- Paraben and preservative-free
- Luxury aromatherapy
- It has a refreshing fragrance
- Good for dry hair
- Suitable for daily use
- Lathers well
- It has natural ingredients such as Aloe Vera Gel and Green Apple Extract
- Has Biotin as one of the ingredients
- Controls hair frizz
- Synthetic floral fragrance added
- Contains Sulphate; hence it is recommended to use a conditioner
11. Kaya Hair Nourishing Shampoo
Kaya Clinic is one of the most established skincare, haircare, and beauty brand in India. It was founded in 2003 by Harsh Mariwala and has its head office in Mumbai.
The brand has a huge customer base spread across India and the Middle East region.
Prominent features of the Kaya Hair Nourishing Shampoo:
- Contains hibiscus extracts that gently cleanse your scalp
- Almond oil keeps your strands nourished and strong
- Regular usage can prevent hair breakage and maintain good hair health
- Has a gentle and deep cleansing formula that doesn’t strip off the natural oils from your scalp
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 200 grams
- Lathers well
- Prevents hair fall
- very gentle formula
- Might not suit oily scalp
12. Wow Skin Science Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
Wow Skin Science has become a true leader in the Indian beauty, haircare, and wellness industry today.
Founded in 2014 by Manish Chowdhary, Wow has managed to gather a huge customer base in India within a very short span of time. The company has its head office in Bangalore.
Prominent Features of the Wow Skin Science Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo:
- Contains Moroccan Argan Oil that’s rich in Vitamin E and fatty acids
- Gently cleanses the hair and keeps them nourished all the time
- Also has Nettle leaf extract and Vitamin B5 that strengthens the follicles and reduces hair fall
- Retains moisture in your hair
- Comes in a bottle with a pump dispenser and weighs 300 ml
- No artificial colours
- No parabens
- The pump dispenser may be faulty in some bottles
- Not travel-friendly
13. Mamaearth Onion Hairfall Shampoo
Founded in 2016 by Varun and Ghazal Alagh, Mamaearth is a fast-growing beauty, skincare, and hair care brand in India. It has garnered a lot of attention over the last 5 years and has a huge customer base in the country today.
Prominent Features of the Mamaearth Onion Hairfall Shampoo:
- Infused with onion oil that stimulates healthy hair growth
- Contains gentle surfactants that deeply cleanse hair without stripping off the natural oils
- Keratin strengthens your hair and promotes hair growth
- Also has Vitamin E, which nourishes your scalp
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 250 ml
- No parabens or sulphates
- Contains no silicones
- No mineral oil or dyes
- Hard to rinse off
- Might not remove oiliness from hair properly
In recent times, people are more inclined towards mild shampoos than regular ones. Because of the richness of natural surfactants and ingredients, these shampoos do not harm the hair and gently remove excess oil and dirt.
Khadi Natural and Biotique mild shampoos have a huge fan base in India because of their natural ingredients and compatibility with several hair types. However, all the other mentioned shampoos on the list work great too. So, make sure that you go through the entire list and pick the one that fits your requirements.
What is a mild shampoo?
Mild Shampoos contain minimum to zero chemicals that can damage the hair. These mild shampoos may also contain herbal ingredients that treat damaged hair. Generally, mild shampoos are free from Parabens, SLS, Sulphate and other chemicals.
Is Sunsilk a mild shampoo?
No, Sunsilk is not a mild shampoo. It contains chemicals like Sulphate and parabens that make it a chemically strong shampoo.
However, it claims to be infused with herbal ingredients that help to nullify the effects of these chemicals to an extent.
Is Pantene a mild shampoo?
Pantene Shampoos that come in their Pro-V series claim to protect your hair from all kinds of damage.
However, Pantene is not a mild shampoo as it contains harmful chemicals like Parabens, SLS and Sulphate.
Is Johnson’s Baby Shampoo a mild shampoo?
Yes, Johnson’s Baby is a mild shampoo. It is quite gentle on your skin and scalp and contains no parabens, sulphates, phthalates and dyes.
Which mild shampoo is good for dry and frizzy hair?
There are a lot of mild shampoos for dry hair that are readily available on the market. However, Forest Essentials Shikakai & Bhringraj Hair Cleanser is one of the best mild shampoos for dry hair.
It adds moisture to your hair which helps in keeping your hair soft and shiny. Shikakai and Bhringraj are the two important Ayurvedic ingredients that make your hair long, strong and lustrous.
Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo is great for dry and frizzy hair. The Argan Oil from Morocco helps in restoring the moisture content of your hair and makes them shiny and soft.
Is Head & Shoulders a mild shampoo?
Head & Shoulders Shampoo is effective in preventing dandruff. However, along with other ingredients, it also contains harmful chemicals like Parabens and Sulphate, which can make your hair dry. Hence, it is not a mild shampoo.
Which are some good mild shampoos for brittle hair and hair fall problems for males in India?
Himalaya Gentle Daily Care Shampoo is one of the best shampoos for men. This shampoo is mild and can be used daily. It contains Amla, which is beneficial for brittle hair and treating hair fall.
You can also use Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Biotique Shampoo for adding shine while reducing hair fall.
I have an oily, itchy scalp. What kind of shampoos should I use?
Aloe Veda and Himalaya are both effective for oily and itchy scalp. These shampoos contain Biotin and Aloe Vera extract for better cleaning of hair.
Forest Essentials and Biotique are the other brands you can consider for the same purpose.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We at CashKaro, have a team of highly skilled researchers who spend hours studying and researching why some products are superior to the rest. We find the products that stand out and list them to make purchasing easier and more efficient for you. Our sole purpose is to provide you with trustworthy brands. We investigate all the shampoos by considering different parameters such as ingredients, pH balance, sulphates, etc. We always ensure that only quality products make up our list.