When it comes to a clean shave, shaving cream is the second most important product after the sharpness of the blade. It prepares the skin and makes the whole process more comfortable and smooth. This is why picking one of the best shaving creams is important. But we all know how hard it is to find a shaving cream for men that best suits everyone’s needs. So, we have made a list of the best shaving cream brands in India that are highly regarded for making the skin feel smooth and fresh. Go check them out, and trust us, your skin will love shaving like never before!
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Shaving Cream Brands?
Shaving cream is a worthwhile purchase to incorporate into your shaving routine. For a comfortable shave, you must pick a shaving cream that contains ingredients that can moisturise and protect the skin. While there are thousands of shaving cream brands in India selling products for all budgets, you can find decent quality shaving cream from Rs 100 to Rs 400. Along with the price, you must consider certain other factors to get your hands on the best product. Here are some of them.
You must always go for shaving cream with organic ingredients like coconut oil, avocado, etc. These ingredients help protect the skin and lubricate it for a smoother experience. However, if you happen to have sensitive skin, you must look for aloe vera in the ingredients. Another set of ingredients you should check for are essential oils like Cedarwood, Peppermint, Cypress, Lemon, Lime, Sandalwood, or Vetiver.
Things To Avoid
While purchasing the best shaving cream, make sure that you stay away from dyes, chemicals, and petrochemical ingredients like mineral oil, petroleum, or paraffin, as they can clog the pores and cause irritation. If you are looking for the best shaving cream for sensitive skin, dull skin, or any other skin type, check out our top recommendations. Here is a list of the best shaving creams in India. You can also check the list of top brands of pocket shavers & different types of Shaving Lotions available in the Indian market.
Type & Smell
According to your skin type and preference, you can choose from different fragrances and types of shaving creams. You can go for aerosol shaving creams or shaving foams, latherless shaving creams that can be applied using hands, or lather-forming shaving creams.
List of the 16 Best Shaving Creams for Men
Biotique Bio Palmyra Shaving Cream
Biotique, founded in 1992, has become synonymous with Ayurvedic skin and hair care treatments. Its products are all-natural and organically pure. Biotique Bio Palmyra is a lather-rich shaving cream that you can pick for a smooth shave.
- It retains the natural moisture balance of the skin
- It softens and conditions the skin
- It is antibacterial, good for sensitive skin
- You can enjoy a friction-free and moisture-balanced shave
- Blend of banana extracts
- Includes pure palmyra coconut palms
- Easy razor glide
- Doesn’t make foam
Why We Picked the Biotique Bio Palmyra Shaving Cream?
A perfect blend of pure palmyra, coconut palms, and banana extracts, this shaving cream is one of the best for an effortless razor glide. It contains the goodness of all-natural products and essential oils like Arandi Oil, Groundnut Oil, Khajur Fruit, Neem, Pudina Whole Plant, Purified Water, and more that soften the hair and condition the skin for a moisture-balanced shave.
Vi-John Shaving Cream
S. Suchet Singh Kochar founded Vi-John in 1960. They provide a wide range of personal care items. The brand offers Vi-John shaving creams, perfumes, talcum powders, hair care, and skincare products. Vi-John shaving cream has powerful germicidal properties and is suitable for all skin types.
- Contains tea-tree oil that protects, heals, and soothes the skin
- Vi-John shaving cream also leaves your skin soft and healthy
- It also reduces skin inflammation after shaving
- For all skin types
- Various options like mint, orange, lime
- Shaving cream with bacteria-guard
- Extremely creamy texture
Why We Picked the Vi-John Shaving Cream?
One of the most affordable shaving creams on the market, Vi-John’s cream provides unbeatable aftershave care. The presence of icy mint provides freshness to the skin and makes it look smooth and clean. It also has tea tree essential oil that has germicidal properties and controls skin damage. It also brings a natural glow to the face.
Dettol Cool Shaving Cream
Dettol is a company that produces and manufactures health, hygiene, and household goods. It began its reign in hospitals 80 years ago as a cleaning and disinfecting chemical. Dettol has expanded from a disinfection liquid to soaps, shaving cream, detergents, hand washes, and other household products. Dettol shaving cream creates a smooth lather for an amazing shave.
- It has antibacterial properties
- Prevents cuts and razor burns
- It is recommended by the Indian Medical Association
- It leaves your skin feeling soft and fresh
- Produces a smooth, creamy lather for a close shave
- Designed to give you a clean, pleasant shave
- Prevents cuts, nicks, and razor burns
- Strong menthol might be uncomfortable for some
Why We Picked the Dettol Cool Shaving Cream?
From one of the most trusted brands in India, Dettol Cool Shaving Cream has a rich and creamy formula that deeply cleanses the skin and prevents cuts, nicks, and razor burns. It also nourishes the skin and makes it look smooth and fresh for days. It provides 10 times better protection than an ordinary cream and is recommended by the Indian Medical Association.
Nivea Men Sensitive Shaving Cream
Beiersdorf owns Nivea, a German skincare brand that was launched in 1882. For many years, the Indian populace has relied on Nivea’s creams and body lotions. The brand guarantees high-quality items that are not too expensive. The Nivea sensitive shaving cream provides a comfortable experience as it softens your beard.
- It protects the skin from irritation
- It contains natural, soothing Chamomile and Witch Hazel extracts
- It leaves your skin looking healthy and smooth
- Softens the stubble
- It has 0% Alcohol
- Protects skin from irritations
- Improves skin condition over time
- This shaving cream is expensive
Why We Picked the Nivea Men Sensitive Shaving Cream?
As the name suggests, it is one of the best shaving creams for sensitive skin. It has the richness of Chamomile, Witch Hazel, and Vitamins that work wonders for dealing with irritation while shaving. This shaving cream has an extremely gentle formula that leaves the skin looking healthy, clean, and smooth. Also, it is produced with Ultra Guide Technology which enhances your shaving experience by giving you a close and smooth shave.
Old Spice Lather Shaving Cream
Old Spice is a men’s grooming product line that includes deodorants, aftershaves, antiperspirants, body washes, shampoos, and soaps. These products are manufactured by P&G. Old Spice shaving cream offers a lather-rich experience.
- It offers good lubrication, which provides a comfortable shave
- It makes your skin look brighter, fresher, and healthier
- It also smells amazing
- Superior lubrication
- Rich and moisturising foam for secure shaving
- Longer-lasting lather holds up during your shave
- It has a strong fragrance
Why We Picked the Old Spice Lather Shaving Cream?
Created with personal well-being and hygiene in mind, Old Spice Lather Shaving Cream has shown utterly satisfying results. This shaving cream produces rich moisturising, longer-lasting foam that stays in place during your shave and makes the process hassle-free. Along with exceptional ingredients, it has a decent fragrance that invigorates and refreshes you after you shave.
Park Avenue Cool Blue Shaving Cream
Park Avenue is one of Raymond’s most well-known brands, having debuted in 1986. The brand deals in clothes, shoes, accessories, and men’s grooming products. Park Avenue Cool Blue Lather Shaving Cream has a lather-rich formula.
- It protects your skin from razor burns
- It also contains skin moisturisers
- It has menthol and perfume for lasting freshness
- A unique formula enriched with skin moisturizers
- Produces a thick, rich lather and protects your skin from razor burns
- Contains skin-protecting allantoin with perfume and menthol to keep skin fresh
- Smell might be too strong for some
- Might not be suitable for sensitive skin as it is perfumed
Why We Picked the Park Avenue Cool Blue Shaving Cream?
Park Avenue Cool Blue Lather Shaving Cream contains skin-protecting allantoin with menthol, making it work perfectly on all skin types. This shaving cream also has perfume, which keeps you smelling fresh and cool. It has a unique formula for moisturising the skin and offers a rich lather for easy razor glide and comfortable shave.
Neutrogena Men Skin Clearing Shave Cream
Neutrogena was founded in 1930 and is now regarded as one of the best skincare products in India. It was founded by Emanuel Stolaroff and is headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Neutrogena Men Skin Clearing shaving cream fights razor burns and ingrown hair.
- It contains glycerin and moisturisers
- It has a no-foam formula. It is also oil-free
- It minimizes irritation and soothes the skin
- Helps protect your skin while shaving
- Instantly soothes your skin
- Helps improve the skin’s overall health
- Prevents ingrown hair
- Doesn’t clog pores
Why We Picked the Neutrogena Men Skin Clearing Shaving Cream?
Millions of men love this oil-free, no-foam formula shaving cream. It is the first medicated cream that helps in improving the skin condition every time you shave. Its formula is clinically approved to fight razor bumps and minimize ingrown hair. The shaving cream has glycerin, which adds a protective layer between the razor and the skin and offers a great shaving experience.
Bombay Shaving Company Shaving Cream
The Bombay Shaving Company is an Indian brand that offers good-quality grooming and shaving products. Bombay Shaving Company is known for its signature shaving cream for men.
- Tea-tree oil offers various skin benefits
- Smells like the first drop of rain on a leaf that has been dry for months!
- One of the best shaving creams, it contains the goodness of Tea Tree Oil, Aloe Vera, and Menthol extracts
- Perfect shaving cream for men with sensitive skin
- Acts as a cleansing agent that prevents acne and skin inflammation
- Forms a thick, creamy lather that lifts your hair from the roots
- Tea Tree Oil aids in the prevention of acne and skin irritation
- Bees Wax smoothes the skin’s surface, resulting in the optimum glide
- Menthol, Lanolin, and Aloe Vera ingredients penetrate the skin and moisturise your follicles
- Contains no harmful chemicals and is silicone-free
- It has a watery texture
- Most of the time, the air gets trapped inside the tube
Why We Picked the Bombay Shaving Company Shaving Cream?
Bombay Shaving Company is a top-notch brand in India that is highly known for its signature shaving cream for men. The shaving cream is enriched with ingredients like tea tree, menthol, and aloe vera gel which rejuvenate the skin and protect it from dust and allergies. It has a moisturising formula that keeps the skin soft and hydrated all day.
Axe Denim Lather Shaving Cream
Axe is a male grooming products brand owned by Hindustan Unilever. For the rugged man who likes to look his debonair best, Axe Denim Shaving Cream is crafted just for you.
- Rich, moisturising, and creamy lather for ease of shaving a rough patch of stubble
- The spicy, rich, masculine scent with bursts of fresh citrus leaves your skin soft and moisturised
- Enjoy this unique experience to feel fresh all day, every day
- It moisturises the skin and gives you a smooth shave
- Provides rich, spicy, and masculine scent with bursts of fresh citrus
- Tames the toughest stubble
- Revitalises your skin
- It has a strong smell
Wild Stone Hydra Energy Shaving Cream
Wild Stone ventured into the male grooming segment in 2005 and became a hit instantly. It is known for its shaving creams and distinctive perfumes, which are distinguished by their powerful, distinct, and unforgettable fragrance. Wild Stone Ultra Sensual shaving cream has an ultra-masculine fragrance.
- Rich lather that softens the toughest beards
- Delivers a close shave with every stroke
- Each application balances the moisture on the skin for a smooth shave
- It softens the hair and makes the skin smooth and bright
- The irresistible fragrance will get you noticed in no time
- A refreshing feeling takes you over
- Leaves skin feeling smooth and moisturised
- Includes a blend of essential oil that protects the skin from burns or irritation
- Smell may be too strong for some
MensXP Mud Shaving Cream
MenXP is an India-based men’s lifestyle brand that offers various lifestyle and grooming products. Make your shaving experience a memorable one with the MensXP MUD Shaving Cream. It gives you a clean shave and smooth skin.
- Creates a soft and slick cushioning for a smooth shave
- Enriched with Cupuacu Butter and Cocoa, this cream is gentle on the skin
- Provides a smooth razor glide
- It prevents unwanted razor burns and cuts and also calms and soothes the skin
- Provides abundant lather within seconds
- Protects the skin against the harshness of razor blades
- Specially formulated with Cupuacu Butter, Cocoa & Sandalwood extracts
- The smell is not so pleasant
Yardley London Gold Shaving Cream
Yardley is one of London’s oldest and most well-known brands of grooming products, fragrances, and soaps. It has a history dating back over 240 years. Crafted in London, this extra moisturising lather shaving cream from Yardley boasts a new and improved formula.
- It combines Aloe Vera and glycerin to ensure a soft and smooth shave
- Its distinctly sophisticated international fragrance makes it a favourite for many
- It also protects your skin from razor burns and irritation
- Aloe Vera for extra moisturisation
- Produces a thick, rich lather and protects your skin from razor burns
- Includes glycerine for a smooth and irritation-free shaving experience
- Less availability in offline stores
Godrej Cool Menthol Shaving Cream
Godrej is one of India’s most renowned consumer goods companies, founded in 1897. The company’s headquarters are in Mumbai, and it now sells its products all around the world. Godrej cool menthol shaving cream has a soothing impact on the skin. It nourishes and moisturises your skin, leaving you with a soft and smooth shave. It is one of the best shaving creams for sensitive skin.
- The harsh drag of the razor blade is neutralised by the cream’s ingredients
- The cream forms a creamy foam easily with water, and this rich lather is mild on the facial skin
- It doesn’t stick to the brush either
- It has a soothing impact on the skin
- The rich lather is neutral and harmless for facial skin
- The cream forms foam easily with water
- The smell might not be appealing to all
Axe Chill Shaving Cream
Axe is a cool and iconic brand, launched in India in 1999. It is known for its irresistible fragrances crafted by the world’s leading perfumers and other top men’s grooming products. Axe chill shaving cream helps to kickstart your day with a burst of icy cool freshness.
- The Axe Ice Chill Shaving foam is infused with fresh Patchouli
- The shaving cream has Aqua fragrance and Menthol to keep you feeling refreshed
- Its cooling properties calm and moisturise your skin for a great shaving experience
- Reduces risk of dry burns
- Great lather for a smooth, irritation-free shaving experience
- Contains Aloe that helps moisturise skin
- Fresh Patchouli & Aqua fragrance help you feel refreshed
- Menthol adds a soothing, icy cool sensation to your shave
- A bit pricey
The Body Shop Softening Shaving Cream
The Body Shop is a cosmetics firm based in the United Kingdom. Dame Anita Roddick launched it in 1976. Face care, body care, hair care, makeup, and perfumes are all available under this brand. The Body Shop is categorically opposed to animal abuse. They only utilize vegetarian ingredients. Enriched with community trade organic Aloe Vera from Mexico, this shaving cream from The Body Shop leaves your skin feeling soft, smooth, and nick-free after every shave.
- A vegan and cruelty-free product, it is formulated with Peruvian Maca root
- It also contains Brazil nut oil and sesame seed oil that helps to soften your rough stubble
- Post-shave, your skin will feel irresistibly soft and smooth
- Enriched with Community Trade organic aloe vera from Mexico
- Smoothing Maca Root & Aloe Softening Shaving Cream
- Leaves the skin feeling soft, smooth, and nick-free
- Comes in a tub packaging
Patanjali Herbal Shaving Cream
Patanjali is a well-known Indian Ayurvedic brand established in India by Baba Ramdev. The firm began by selling natural Ayurveda goods but has now included food, health care items, and skincare products in its range too. Patanjali Herbal shaving cream is made from the natural extracts of Ghritkumari, Pudina, Neem, Tulsi, and Haldi.
- These ingredients help moisturise, nourish, and revitalize skin tissues
- Gives you a fresh and smooth complexion
- The disinfectant and antiseptic properties of Neem, Tulsi, and Haldi
- If you’re looking for the best shaving creams which are Ayurvedic in nature, this is it
- Makes complexion fresh, smooth, and beautiful
- Nourishes and revitalizes skin tissues
- Contains herbal extracts
- Overall quality needs improvement
Shaving creams are an essential part of men’s grooming. There are multiple shaving creams with different formulas to work with different skin types. You can have a hassle-free, safe, and smooth shaving experience with good quality, lather-rich cream. To help you make the right decision, we have listed all the shaving creams that we feel are the best in India. You can pick any of them and level up your shaving game.
1. Is shaving cream necessary for shaving?
Shaving cream makes the beard soft, making it easier to shave. It also reduces friction and thus reduces the chances of cuts and razor burns. Shaving creams also keep your skin moisturised.
2. Is it safe to shave every day?
You may probably not require shaving every day. Unless you’re looking to achieve a completely clean-shaven look, you can skip at least a day or two between shaving sessions to allow your skin to heal.
3. What oils are good for shaving?
Some of the best oils for shaving which are easily available are Olive oil, Castor oil, Argan Oil, and Jojoba oil.
4. Which shaving cream is best for legs in India?
There are a lot of shaving creams available in the market that are specially formulated for legs. Some of the best shaving creams that will leave your legs silky smooth are The Body Shop shaving Cream, Gillette Classic shaving Cream, L’Occitane Cade Shaving Cream, and Shahnaz Hussain Herbal Shaving Cream.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Cashkaro has a team of experts who spend hours testing different products and finding the best of the lot. For shaving creams, we have listed all products that have at least a 4/5 rating on Amazon with good customer reviews. We have also considered various criteria, including their ingredients, lather formation, quality, pricing, smell, antibacterial nature, and more.